The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Benny's World of Mythica and other Art.  (Read 1015 times)

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
Benny's World of Mythica and other Art.
« on: May 10, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »
Right now, this is mostly just a criticism thread for something I'm trying to draw, but this will eventually become a general art-thread of mine in the long run.

Currently, I am writing a story called World of Mythica: Volume 1: No Rest for the Weary. It's a book involving my characters, and is meant for a teen audience, but I want it to be readable to adults and kids too. There's no sexual themes, but there's a bit of violence, blood and death in it. It's also got a political hot-topic inside involving guns and their dangerous legacy.

One thing I'm trying to do is develop an art style that will appeal to my target age group, but I'm not sure how to do it without making my characters human (which I wouldn't do even if you threatened to kill me), so I'm coming here to ask for advice. This is part of the main protagonist Benny and his friend Conan's face. I also plan on adding Defylar, the main female character, into the picture, but I want ideas for these two first. I'm trying to get Benny to look mature, but I don't know if I can do it in a way that's comfortable for me.