The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: *Sigh*  (Read 357 times)

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
*Sigh*
« on: October 18, 2014, 12:35:53 AM »
Well i have been watching soldiers coming home videos,i LOVE them...but there is people who don't AKA people who whine and (Excuse me) Bitch about them killing innocents and the like...please help i really want to punch something now but here is my leave *AHEM*

All of you guys with your negative comments shut the **censor** up. Yes there are some soliders who abused their power, but most soliders are good people. Have some **censor** respect. These people haven't seen their loved ones in so long and all you can say is how they are horrible people. Trust me I know horrible people, soliders are heros. I would like to see some of you put on a uniform, leave your family for months even years, and fight where there is constant danger. Stop the negativity man! We would not have anything we've had today if it wasn't for the soliders fighting....Compassion and consideration goes a lot further than resentment and cynicism
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: *Sigh*
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 04:55:27 AM »
  Well, I don't think soldiers by default are instantly heroes just because they're soldiers. I mean, they weren't conscripted into the army, so they voluntarily chose to sign up, they knew they wouldn't see their loved ones, but they decided to fight anyway, and I guess the question is "what is their motivation in joining?". It'd be a bit naive to think that the motivation for every soldier joining is "I love my country and want to protect it", really only a few soldiers I believe would of joined under that explicit motivation. A lot of soldiers join because they feel it's an occupation they can get behind, they might not like, or be able to do, office jobs and white collar jobs so they seek more labor oriented jobs, they usually don't want to be like a builder or construction worker so they decide to join the army, as it is a "noble" profession to have. A lot of soldiers join the army because their family has a history of joining the army and so they're compelled to join the army based on their family heritage. Lots more join the army because, well, tbh, they think it's a cool thing to be a soldier and be like "yeah, I kill people for a living", they think the combat will be fun, this motivation of joining the army has been around since WW1.

There's a lot of motivations of fighting but "doing what I want for my noble country because I'm a good person" is rarely one of them, war heroes exist and they deserve our respect, but not EVERYONE in the army instantly deserves respect for just BEING in the army. You should check out the miniseries "Generation kill", it portrays a quite realistic and interesting portrayal of what army soldiers these days are actually like, it's not really bias against army soldiers and to help prove that many of the REAL army soldiers that these characters are based off acted in the series.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: *Sigh*
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:13:44 PM »
My best friend just came back from his training. His motivations were that it will get him through collage and he'll get a salary. All he has to do is go to a meeting once a month or so. He's also national guard and an engineer.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot