The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How to find artists for collaboration(s)?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Nicholas Scribetail

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • DeviantArt
    • My Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: North American River Otter
  • Build: Swimmer
  • Reference: [link]
How to find artists for collaboration(s)?
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:17:26 PM »
Okay so here's the thing. I've been writing for close to 10 years of my life now, and while my confidence in my ability to create with the written word has improved over the years, as I study other mediums such as art, comics, film/animation, games, etc. I've started to see just how the media in which a work is presented has just as much impact on the work as the techniques used in the work. We've seen Hollywood butcher some books/graphic novels/games by thinking they'd look even better on the big screen (The Vampire's Assistant is a perfect example of this), but we've also seen some great medium-transfers such as CD Projekt RED turning The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski (or more specifically the first book in the series "The Last Wish") into a video game of the same name. Thank you overly-analytical-creative-thought-processing-brain-machine-thingy  >.>

So here comes my dilemma. Over the past year as I've studied this concept, more and more of my written works have been dead-on-arrival due to the thought that I'm not doing these stories/characters/etc. justice by presenting them only in the written word. I've tried to draw my own visuals but every time I pick up my tablet/sit at my drawing board I become frustrated with my inability to put what's in my head onto the paper/screen. So my question is, how do I find artists for possible long-term collaborative projects?