The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ace Combat - esque RP  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
Ace Combat - esque RP
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:42:18 PM »
Hello, one and all.
Most of you do not know me, but I've got a pretty good array of experience of role-playing games and writing over the years, and I want to put forward a suggestion for a game.

I'm very interested in military aircraft, and I'd love to run a game reminiscent of the kind of things found in the Ace Combat series, and military thrillers such as those by Dale Brown and others, and in the anime Area 88.

My idea would be for a military aircraft-oriented RP, set in an alternate timeline to our own. The first major difference would be that, obviously, anthro characters replace humans (I'm thinking mammals only), and that there was a third world war earlier in the timeline, around the late 80's, early 90's.
I'd probably take the setting in part from Thunderbolt Black, the other RP I run, but take it in a different direction, and make us an international peace-keeping agency, rather than mercenaries, but still have us up against a corporation or other non-national entity hiding behind political manipulations, mercenaries, and other schemes designed to give them great amounts of power and responsibility.

Our job - as characters - would be to fight the corporations schemes, and get to the bottom of what they're up to, fighting various superweapons and averting disaster with our skills, and the tables stacked extensively against us.
Throughout this as well, of course, would be our characters banding together in the face of adversity and getting to know one another better, as one would expect in any good character-based drama.

Anyhow, what would you say? I'm keen to flex my RP muscles and see what some of you here are like to play alongside too.
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.