The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestions for donator perks?  (Read 7938 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Suggestions for donator perks?
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
Hey guys!

Tweak and I are planning to revamp some of the features available for those who donate, as our donators help a great deal to keep this forum going. But before we go forward with putting anything into action, we would like to know, are there any suggestions for things you guys would like to see become part of our donator perks?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: Suggestions for donator perks?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »
I suppose the best thing to do would be to somehow give the donator some way to show off, if it means they can do something "special" with their forum profile or any other way other's can view them that brings along some form of vanity.
The purple name tag is a great start and is there a list of the donators?

Promote it: Donators' (Super Awesome) Club!

Figure out perks: Extra board? Perhaps a board where the donators can help with forum critical decisions? More in your face profile options: Special Donator Signature? Additional Forum customisation features Perhaps you can't change the forum theme unless you're a donator? It could seem harsh, but then rather you could make additional ones?

I'll give it a think and get back to you
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
I think it's just good that there aren't many extra perks for donators
(lots of extra "DONATE to access this", "DONATE to get that", "DONATE and something wonderful might happen" tend to make people who can't or really don't want to donate feel left-out and in some cases even leave the forums if it feels like they'd have to pay to be able to do anything here since there are other forums out there that aren't that flashy with donator perks.
(One place i also hang at only have a counter under the name that says "donation status" and the amount that person has donated)).
I actually think that what there already is is pretty good as it is. (Purple is my favorite color and I get to show the world I'm a silly wittle cweature..)
I wouldn't mind a few more (small) customization-options tho, but  I can't really come up with any proper suggestions at the moment. xP

So yeah, at least for me it's the little things that does it, and I can only really speak for myself, but there's my view on the thing.

Offline A Wanderer

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (Anthro)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue
  • Height: 6'
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »
Yeah, I think a nameplate or some other aesthetic option to their profile would be nice.
  • Avatar by: Unknown - The author isn't clear.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:16:57 AM »
I think it's important to increase aesthetic properties for donators to make the donator group seem slightly more special. These could include the following.

- New emoticons for donators: Have some special emoticons only donators can use, don't REMOVE access to any current emoticons but simply add some new ones that donators can use, these new emoticons can be used to show off and often will have people going "How did you post that emoticon?" "OH! You can post it if you donate" "OH COOL!" (they don't have to be custom emoticons, they can be ones you can download.)
  - More transparency in the donation process. It's important to know where donation money is going, whether we are on the right track or not. It can be very disappointing and self-defeating if you donate some money and you don't actually know what the money has done to improve the site. Some more transparency and publicly available information on the donation process could be good, have graphs of what we're expecting and what we're getting, say exactly why we need the donations and what service we use. This could be done on a thread in announcements.
  - Have a list of our donators! A simple thing can go very far, simply have it as an option that if someone donates, they can show up in a stickied thread (in the announcement boards) that shows how much they've donated altogether. Not only would this give reputation to those who donate, but would also allow us to keep track of how much money people donated.

Those three I think are very good ideas I'd strongly recommend (the second and third option more strongly than the first), here are some other ideas that COULD be implemented if we so desired.
  - Waver some of the limits for donators, allow more than 150 Kb attachment for donators, or ability to upload a higher quality profile pic. The reason we have the attachment thing in place is primarily for spammers and we know those who donate aren't spammers, so it'd be ok!
  - Have donators not receive TFF ads for the period they have donation status, simple enough.

Another idea that I implemented in my clan (that actually got us a lot more money than previously) is have multiple donator levels. We had three levels, donator, donator+ and sponsor. You were given donator for paying any amount of money, a donator+ for more than $20 (altogether) and a sponsor for more than $50. Each rank of donator gave more perks. This gave our clan a whole lot more donations, enough to run our clan and enough to store some away, this is impressive considering we have permanent donator statuses (that is, if you get donator, that sticks with you forever, it's not temporary).
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Steven The Dragon

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Please don't view my profile if you are underaged.
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: My scales are pitch black, though the skin underneath my scales is moon blue.
  • Height: When I am in feral form, I stand on all fours about 14.9 meters high. In anthro form, I stand about 2.4 meters high.
  • Weight: I can change my weight depending on whether I am in an aggressive mood or not.
  • Build: My body has a very muscular build.
  • Currently: My mood is extremely yiffy.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:49 PM »
I think I will donate now!  ^_^

Offline drakewithout

• that first forum cartoonist
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • finally settled on deer i think
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
  • Species: deer
  • Coloring: tan, white
  • Height: 145 cm
  • Weight: 45 kilos
  • Build: light, curvy, acts smaller than she is
  • Currently: feeling lonely
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 04:58:59 PM »
I would like to know where the money goes, that would be a cool perk
Im the flufflysub.

weridragons https://weirdragons.wordpress.com/

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 02:38:39 AM »
the donation go to paying for everything the servers protection alot of stuff replacing old hard drives that die ( servers run on mech drives with moving parts) ram a lot of behind the scenes stuff

how about a custom forum color picker for donators
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:26 AM »
The TFF server is hosted on a VM from a service provider, basically the web server that the website is based off is run from a virtual computer on a big server from a company that specializes in running this big servers. Most of the money goes into the fee for paying for this provider, which as it stands is roughly $100 a month. There are also some smaller expenses like the keeping the domain name and so forth that need to be covered.

Tweak is kind enough to pay for the server every month even if the limit isn't reached, he pays for it out of his own money if we don't get enough donators. So any money is appreciated because not only does it cement the forums future but it also helps the guy who has been running our website since the beginning.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:06:05 PM by anoni »
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline drakewithout

• that first forum cartoonist
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • finally settled on deer i think
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
  • Species: deer
  • Coloring: tan, white
  • Height: 145 cm
  • Weight: 45 kilos
  • Build: light, curvy, acts smaller than she is
  • Currently: feeling lonely
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
thanks, wish i had more to give, maybe next month, i'm very broke. but the art competition has a first prize of a 70$ gift card. i'll give if i win, to be honest this is as clst to a family as i get. i want it to keep going
Im the flufflysub.

weridragons https://weirdragons.wordpress.com/