The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: To stay, or to go.  (Read 254 times)

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
To stay, or to go.
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
I had my whole weekend planned out. It all made sense, it was all just a checklist to do. But then the text came. And the text affected everything! I hate conflict, confusion, uncertainty. The text was "can you come over from 5:30 to 11? Bring 5$ I have an idea". After a few questions I figured out what was going on. My friend wanted me to come over and meet with him and 8 other kids. We would walk to the dollar store and buy foam swords, and then go into the woods and have a war like we did before. It was fun. But I don't really want to.
Since I don't really want to I text someone for advice. They say go. I explain why I don't want to and they say either is a good choice then. But I know otherwise. I've said no to hanging out a lot now. Every time all school year so far. Why? Because I am an introvert, I like to be alone, and I would rather stay home. Theres a problem though, two really. The first is that eventually they will stop inviting me at all! I'll be that kid that doesn't even bother to be invited because he always says no. THe second is, maybe being on my own so much is unhealthy. Maybe I NEED that exposure.
However, there are still reasons I don't want to this time. the Furcast is on at the same time as the get together and this will be the second time I missed it. I really want to listen to it and I haven't gotten the chance yet. All day I have been planning on it. And then theres this homework assignment. Its taking hours to do and I still have to illustrate each page. I'd like to work on that and have Sunday free. I don't think he knows how long its going to take him.
So now I'm here. Sitting and contemplating. Thinking of the positives and negatives of both... and I can't decide. Its frustrating and all I keep thinking is "THAT STUPID TEXT RUINED EVERYTHING". Because it did. I had a serene state of mind and everything was falling into place. And then it came, like a tornado ripping all my thoughts and causing me to have to make a decision.
I just don't know what to decide...

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: To stay, or to go.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:23:01 AM »
I've been in that situation many times before, there's a few things to consider. I can't decide for you whether you should stay or whether you should go, it's entirely your choice. It is healthy to talk to some people, even as an introvert, because you keep up ties with people and if you wanted to ever do something fun with friends, then you would still have friends who would be willing. However, if you don't attend anything, your friends may drift apart and things might get bad, so it's important to attend SOME outings, but not necessarily all of them.

Another thing to consider is, in my experience, when people want to go out and I eventually do go out, I end up having a really good time, even if I didn't want to go at first. A lot of the time I STILL don't go, even if I know i'll have a good time, but most outings I tend to have lots of fun when I go out. So if your experience is anything like mine, if you go out with your friends you'll have lots of fun and you'll build up ties.

I would say go out with your friends either this outing or set up an outing with your friends that works with your time table later.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: To stay, or to go.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »
Very well said. I agree with everything you said completely. Unfortunately not enough people could make it to the outing, so the entire thing was cancelled. (Not really unfortunate for me since I needed to stay behind and do more important thing *cough*homework*cough* anyways).

The good thing is they are re-scheduling it and I will be sure to try my best to attend that one.