The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Species Wars OOC/Signup Thread [Open]  (Read 1156 times)

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
Species Wars OOC/Signup Thread [Open]
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:52:24 AM »
http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=23453.0This thread is in regards to the Species Wars RP found at the above link. First off let's set the ground rules

Follow the sites TOS, duh
No god modding, though realistic reactions to beta posting is fine*
Spoiler for Hidden:
Beta posting is mentioning your character trying to do an action-typically discreetly or innocuously, thus making it public knowledge that your character did do something and simultaneously leaving it open for the potential of being noticed/reacted to. Note that noticing/reacting to the actions of a beta post all the time can make your character seem omniscient, or in other words: obnoxious
Minimum of T2, people, that's Tier 2 roleplaying. I don't expect Hemingway but please use proper spelling and grammar, that means these -> "" Typos happen, but typin liek ths snt aceptabl, k?
If you feel restless and want to shake things up, let me know.
Put "Poh-tay-toh" at the end of your application so I know you read this [You'd be surprised how necessary this has been in the past]

It's been said on the site before but don't outpace people. At the same time stay active. Making everyone wait on you for days is more than a tad selfish. IRL drama does happen but try and least fire off a message in the OOC to let us know if something happens and you're busy for the foreseeable future.

On to the character application-please read the introductory post for a bit of backstory on the RPs 'verse. The character sheet is as such:

Character's Real Name: (At least a given name, family name if the character had one on record. If the character is going to have something unique like a serial number or other sort of thing include backstory to explain it)

Character's Aliases: (May leave blank. If the character is better known as an alias put something like "Known commonly as" at the beginning")

Species: (Obvious one here. For those of you who didn't read the introductory post-hopefully no one! Hybrids are fairly uncommon and can have a complex and generally unliked place in different groups and cultures. Exotic hybrids: snake-wolf, bird-mouse-you get the picture-are unheard of. This is also a nonmagical world and the characters are genetically engineered therefore no unicorns, kitsune, dragons, so on and so forth. If you're not sure but you have something that justifies it, PM me.)

Gender: (If you can't figure this one out, spirits guide you! Due to the difficult act of genetic engineering and the potential for mutation herms are quite possible but there should be some companion mutation that inhibits them.)

Physical Characteristics: (This is the beginning of your mostly unlimited artistic licence with this new rp world. As mentioned in the gender section, genetic engineering is a tricky bitch, and mutations happen. That's not to say that I want you to copy your Corruption of Champions character over here-quick note, if you're under 18.. DON'T LOOK THAT UP! Though your character can be any color or shade, they can be fat or skinny, muscular or petite. If you want something more exotic then PM me to make sure it's not too outlandish. Taurs are allowed as a mutation, though like with herms, add some drawback that at least nearly matches the benefit of being a taur. Mention any physical mutations here that wouldn't provide some truly abstract bonus or penalty.)

Mental Characteristics: (Here's your time to shine. We are genetically engineered creatures who are only about one, maybe two generations away from the test tube. We're a screwed up bunch! Perhaps your character's unusual trait is that they're well adjusted. Perhaps like many they're trying to wrap their heads around recent events, or their own mutations. Any faith or spirituality can be included here, including one you make up! Include a breakdown of their personality. Their hopes and fears. Their greatest accomplishments and deepest regrets. I wanna be able to make eHarmony profiles for these characters!)

Exotic Mutations: (List anything beyond extra fingers and taur status kind of stuff. This is the section for venomous pincers, toxic blood/spit, and stuff that's offbeat even for science fiction. If you want to go extreme and do psionics or something bordering it you'll need to PM me what you want and from there I'll decide if it's doable and what the drawbacks are. Better believe if you can light things on fire or move things with your mind there's strings attached! Genetic Toxicity is a trait you can pick but it's a double edged sword, and all hybrids must have it. Genetic Toxicity is a person's continued vulnerability to mutation. Some situations can cause a breakdown of the genetic structure and Genetically Toxic persons are more susceptible and can have grander effects. Though over time your genes may settle down)

Backstory: (For those well versed in movies and literature. Imagine Watership Down and The Island of Doctor Moreau meets 28 Weeks Later. For those who don't know at least two of those: lab bred anthros surviving countless perils in a maddening war torn world. Your character can be part of a tribe, caravan, city, government, organization, or maybe a loner. They could be a pacifist, wanting the various anthro species to come together, or a hardened soldier wanting domination for his group of choice, or maybe something in between: an armed neutrality, soldier of fortune, rebel with a cause.)
PLEASE WAIT FOR APPROVAL BEFORE POSTING AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST! ^_^
~I'd like to apologize for any nonsense in my introductory post. I was finishing it off at 6 AM so yeah  X3

Edit: I feel like the introductory post didn't explain things as much or clearly enough. So here's the skinny n.n

At some point, several decades ago, humans began to wonder how far science can take them. Some scientists were far too full of themselves. They believed that through science they could harness great power and replicate a miracle believed to only be accessible to God: The power to create life in whatever form they desired. Cloning humans was already in the realm of possibilities though. There would be no glory in expanding on that.

Hungry for power and knowledge they started delving into the realms of crossbreeding. Unfortunately they found that animal reproductive DNA was just as hard set as human's. Though it was then they had one of their most ingenious and yet bizarre ideas. Why couldn't they make animals like humans, or humans like animals. Thus the experiments began, with the first experiments being very crude manipulations of genetic code from animal to human and human to animal alike. Many countries found it atrocious and banned it, but most of them only "officially" banned it to save face in the public eye. Years of experiments concluded in successful creations of anthropomorphic animals. Capable of rational thought and human behaviors and emotions while maintaining some of the best traits of their base species. They were researched extensively and many were used in top secret military operations. Eventually enough of them gathered up the nerve and possessed the combat skill to stage breakouts which invariably alerted the public, despite the governments quickly thrown together cover ups.

There was a mix of confusion, curiosity, fear, and hatred for the new creations. Though there was enough fear and hatred that any anthros caught sneaking around trying to find a place to sleep, or food to eat were met with jeers and sometimes violence. Groups would go out with signs saying "Open Season" and canine anthros often received insults along the lines of "Fido Go Home" and "Old Yeller Was Shot" After Anthros began turning the tables on the would be assailants, many nations used it as an excuse to start a clean up of their "mistakes".

Due to the keen survival instincts from their more bestial side, and the intelligence from their human side they survived many skirmishes and ended up staging coups in multiple areas, taking control of vast amounts of military tech and armament. With the governments of the world backpedaling madly trying to get a better grasp on this new opponent the anthros took the fight to their doorstep and over course of a decade, the entirety of Europe and North America was swept clean of humans. Most were killed while some escaped south to Africa and South America respectively. Most of Asia is under Anthro control, however the Great Wall of China along with the Siberian Wasteland are near constant hot spots.

As the good book says "the meek shall inherit the earth" and so the anthros have. With humans in hiding, more or less unable to stage an effective assault on the now growing army of lab bred anthros, the various anthro species now have the difficult decision of coexisting without any common enemy to focus on. Each species still possesses some of the old primal knowledge of predator-prey relations and while some try to overlook the relations of their animal kin others thrive on it. Leaving us with where we are. A world struggling to rebuild even as it's inhabitants seem bent on leaving nothing but ashes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:00:49 AM by Alex Fawxe Jace »