The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Being Outgoing and meeting new people  (Read 400 times)

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Being Outgoing and meeting new people
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
 I Was  Doing That:
The Weird thing is--- Lots of amazing happen in everyone's lives.
I was meeting lots of amazing people--until i met a bad bad people.
Yeah, Introverted ever since, and i have not really had much conversation with anybody.
Scarring memory that has been affecting me for a while.
Advice?
wired as right now

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Being Outgoing and meeting new people
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:31 AM »
Atm, all I can really say is that some people in life will be bad, but some people will be really good. The trick is to be very careful, don't let someone into your heart and depend on them instantly, gradually move into meeting people until you know more and more about how they act and if you think he's a good person, then keep depending on him more. One bad person does not equal all bad people, even if it feels that way, try to get yourself out of that mind set and just go a bit outside your comfort zone *huggles*
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:23:59 AM »
Well, anoni hit the nail on the head, as usual  :) . So, I'll just have to share from experience. I used to love putting my art online ever since, like, the fifth grade. Around 7th, another kid on Myspace said one very mean string of comments that ruined my self value in art. That's why I haven't uploaded a picture for my profile (yet?). Remember that you are the only person that can control you, so don't let the opinions of others become part of you. Stay strong and get back out there my friend.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »
I hardly ever leave my house or meet anybody. Ever. But don't let a few rotten apples spoil the whole meal.

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:58 PM »
Anoni is right about stepping out of your comfort zone, but you don't have to do it in one huge go. Small steps at a time, testing yourself here and there, and building confidence in ways you feel comfortable are ways that you can work on becoming a little more outward. I consider myself horridly introverted, but for me, just taking small steps outside my comfort zone, one at a time, made a pretty big difference. There /are/ comfortable ways to exceed your comfort zone, believe it or not, it's just a matter of finding the more fun ways of testing yourself. Over time you'll notice that the steps you've taken previously will be a breeze ^^