The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ves art ^_^  (Read 7241 times)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: isopod
  • Coloring: Green
  • Build: Cuddly
  • Currently: Chilling
Re: ves art ^_^
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2024, 11:44:40 PM »
I find bugs and stuff so cute but eough up close they are little beasties   @.@ it’s tough trying to make an animal built to be horizontal stand on two legs hehe

Draw some headshots I might make into little stickers or patches or something + bonus woodlouse attempt  :D

[image ID 4 heads shots:
1. An opossum sitting it’s tongue out
2. A fluffy photogen doing an XD face
3. A cat stitching its tongue out doing L's with its paws
4. An anthro Isopodbcat hybrid
/end ID]
  • Signature art by: me :)
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2024, 10:01:33 AM »
Yeah  XD they're like alien monsters from another world! Oddly enough, the more goosebumps I get from them, the more I love them  ^_^ There's this one called house centipede (Scutigera coleoptrata) which is just legs, gives me the creeps every time I see one, but once that feeling is overcome I get so excited and happy to see them!

:D Aww that's brilliant! I especially like the cheeky cat! You mean like RL-Stickers and Patches? That'd be so cool! Do share if you end up making them!

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2024, 12:47:38 PM »
Awesome as ever, Vez!  ^_^

ZARA-RA!!

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2024, 09:14:26 PM »
Thank you Zara  :D!!

Realising I reallly need to work on proportions  @.@ was originally meant to be a cat head but it looked off,, so now it’s a dragon type thing instead  ^_^! (probably should have fixed that left eye as well but ehhh,, nothing wrong with a lazy eye hehe)

[image ID: a sketched headshot of a salivating cat/dragon hybrid. It has swirling horns and lots of fluff, and it holds its paws close to its face. /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2024, 12:44:08 PM »
 :D oh I like the lazy eye tbh, it gives the character a lot of... well character  ^_^

Also find it fascinating how the mind seems to fill in the gaps you left so seamlessly (like the body).

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2024, 10:58:06 PM »
Right? Sometimes I worry about how to line a section of drawing, but sometimes your brain fills it in well enough  ^_^

This is one of my magnum opises (however you spell that) of unusual fursona species  XP The idea popped into my head and now 30 minutes later we’ve here :D also wow jellyfish autonomy is weird (guess that’s what happens when you have like no organs)

[Image ID: A blocky drawing of an anthro jellyfish with large shiny cartoon eyes looking to the side, waving.

She has a multicoloured but mainly yellow head; the middle pink fluffy oral arms form 2 digigrade legs; 4 yellow, wiggly ,thicker tentacles have paws at the ends and wispier yellow tentacles surround her. The background is solid blue with many colourful bubbles. /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2024, 07:48:22 AM »
Damn Ves  :* that one's so trippy! Did you use any specific species as inspiration (like the Mauve Stinger, Pelagia noctiluca ) ? The body did confuse me at first  XP but then I realised "wait, some do have that!"

Love the idea and the way you portraited it Ves  :D the many thin arms give me tingly feelings

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2024, 01:02:00 AM »
Thank you  ^_^! I kinda had species like the Pacific sea nettle (Chrysaora fuscescens) in mind while drawing, but ooo the Mauve Stinger looks so much like her :o!

Here's one of the most persona-fursonas I’ve drawn - Juniper ^_^! Xe got that autism stare for good luck hehe

[image ID: a plus-size, blonde, anthro cat with a neutral expression looking to the side.
Xe has long darker blonde hair, white handpaws, a bushy tail and tufts of hair on xir chest and stomach. /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: Green and Brown
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Balling 😎
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2024, 01:17:28 AM »
Omg xe look so cool !! Your art is so stylized it looks like every line has emotion  :o :o

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2024, 07:20:05 AM »
Totally  :D they seem to pop out of the drawing! And the backgrounds add this expressive yet psychedelic layer.

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2024, 10:42:57 PM »
A THANK YOUSS ^_^ :D!

quite different from the other stuff I put here but I’ve been doing some hand-sewing recently and thought I’d show off the little guy I made!

I’m not tooo sure what the fabric is but in one direction the thread is white, and in the other is green so it almost has a shiny quality :D (tho the compression on the pics makes the colours look really weird lol)

Made the pattern myself and woof is patterning rounded shapes rough, did the whole plastic wrap tape thing and then iterated a million times.  x_x 

the seams next to the middle one are darts, and everything was done with a straight stitch with a blanket stitch to finish the seams! (not sure if that is a good stitch for seams but this fabric frays so much, and there was no way I was doing a zigzag stitch by hand  T_T (+blanket stitch is my favourite!)
the ladder stitch I used to finally close it up (on the side I didn’t take a picture of) ended up a little atrocious hehe but for my first time I’m pretty pleased !

(It was originally meant to be a gift for a friend but it became a comfort item to me within like a day  >.> <.<, kinda wish I put like a beanbag or something in it)

[image ID: various angles of a round-bean like plushie made out of green canvas fabric. It has 2 large black beady safety eyes and no other features /end ID]
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »
 :D awww I can understand why you opted on keeping the little fellow!  XD Came out great! Were you thinking snake, frog or was there no clear species in mind?  ^_^

And tell me about it! Sewing is haaaard. Im impressed you hand sew it  :D that takes skill and patience