The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not my problem(relationship rant.)  (Read 271 times)

Offline Solntse

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • just keep breathing
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red fur, white belly, black ear tips and streaks on muzzle, purple on legs to mid calf, and on arms to elbows, tail tip is also purple, green eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: thin but healthy, fluffy tail, somewhat muscular, but not overly so
  • Reference: [link]
Not my problem(relationship rant.)
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:41:56 AM »
Ok so my current mate isn't exactly doing well in school lately...a huge turn-off for me anyway....but people have been telling me I NEED to talk to him about it, and generally acting like me saying something to him about it will change things. Well here's the problem y'all:
1. It's his grades not my mine..I've told him before my feelings (not good) on the subject and told him how much I could tolerate (almost none).
2. Are relationship isn't  great anyhow..in reality I doubt we'll last much longer, at first he was great, but I'm realizing now he's not really what I need. We just have different gaols in life, and I'm a goal oriented person while he tends to have NO planning ability at all. And while he really doesn't vocalize it I know he is kind of bothered by the fact I'm a furry and have no intentions of changing that.
3. Why does it even matter to you? Mind your own.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
Re: Not my problem(relationship rant.)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:48:49 AM »
None of us can really tell you whether or not to break up because we don't know you and your mate. It does sound like you're unhappy in the relationship, but maybe there's a good reason to try to save the relationship. Maybe you would indeed be better off just breaking up. I wouldn't know and I couldn't tell you that.

In my experience, however, part of being in a happy relationship is mutual respect between you and your partner. He or she should know and appreciate you for who you are, and you should know and appreciate them for who they are. You should want to encourage and support each other to become better people and succeed in your endeavors. And that's why people keep suggesting that you talk to him - because you should want to see him succeed and be willing to help him in what ways you can. That's what people tend to do in healthy relationships.

You seem to feel differently in your relationship though. And that's not necessarily wrong just because it's different - your feelings could entirely be reasonable and fair. Maybe you do want him to succeed but just aren't interested in the part about helping him through that. I have no idea what causes you to feel that way, or how permanent those feelings are for you. All I can tell you is that it will be difficult to ever be happy in a relationship if you can't respect your mate.

If you want to make the relationship work, do what you can to lift him up and encourage him. Maybe getting good grades isn't his thing, but there has to be something he is good at or passionate about in one way or another. Maybe he's still an intelligent person despite his difficulties in school. Grades hardly even mean anything after you finish school - maybe you can learn to identify the ways he is intelligent instead of defining it all by his grades. I don't know enough about your mate or why he gets bad grades to tell you whether or not it's worth it.

But if you know you can't bring yourself to respect him or don't think it's worth it, do yourself and him a favor and let him go. Don't drag out the relationship if you've already decided you're not interested in working on it. Find someone who shares your goals, and let him be free to find someone else who may be able to give him the encouragement he needs. You'll probably both be happier because of it.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Solntse

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • just keep breathing
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red fur, white belly, black ear tips and streaks on muzzle, purple on legs to mid calf, and on arms to elbows, tail tip is also purple, green eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: thin but healthy, fluffy tail, somewhat muscular, but not overly so
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:32:35 AM »
The thing is he IS brilliant, and school doesn't matter to him, he loves working with computers and I encourage that. I've talked to him about grades and he explained it to me, and what he does is his choice. I just want people to stop bugging ME about HIS grades. If it really bothers THEM they should talk to him, not go through me.
But thank you both.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »
Well, I have to put my 2c in about the school issue.

You do not need a degree to get a good job, Bill gates and Mark Zuckenburg both dropped out of college and look at what they've done. As well, I have a friend called Sasha who has not even gone to university but still got an engineering job for the military simply because he is just, well, smart. That said, a degree is by no means useless. A degree makes it considerably easier to get a job, a degree proves to your employer that you know the stuff and you can dedicate yourself to a task for a long time. If you don't have a degree how are you going to prove to your employer that you are, in fact, brilliant? (NOTE: Just because you have a degree does not mean you proved this) Not only should you know the stuff, you should prove to him you are a good team worker, can dedicate to tasks for a very long time and are able to handle stressful situations. It's very difficult to evaluate all of that stuff in a job interview, so generally it is BETTER to have a degree.

So if he is as good as you say he is, then he might still be able to get a job, the problem is it'll be harder for him to find one.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
There's a lot of jobs he could get though, some might not be amazing at first but given enough dedication, skill and dedication you can get quite high up. Remember, the current CEO of McDonalds started when he was 17 mopping the floors of McDonalds...
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";