The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tough Subject, needz imput  (Read 262 times)

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • "LETS FIGHTING LOVE!!!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Build: Muscular, a bit husky :p
  • Currently: Lonely, worn out, stressed and bored.
Tough Subject, needz imput
« on: May 12, 2013, 03:32:34 AM »
Well, I'm Bi-sexual. And I want to come out of the closet some day but, I really don't know how I'd do that... Anyone have a clue as of what I'm to do?  :/
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Tough Subject, needz imput
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:04 AM »
Make a small list for yourself to help ease yourself coming out, this is what I did, it may not be the best solution for you though but it might be a good place to start

Come out on the internet: The easiest thing to do is to come out to someone you don't know on the internet, you just did that so we can say CHECK

Come out to someone who was an old friend: This person should be someone you trust and who you respect but doesn't necessarily have a big impact on your life. For me it was an old school friend I used to go to school with, I told him over facebook that I was gay and we talked about it, I felt this was the best decision for me because this friend I trusted but also had a small impact on my life in case he took it badly or I felt embarrassed to be with him. This is a method to ease you into it

Come out to close friend: The second hardest step, coming out to a close friend, a friend that you've known for a long time and one who you trust. Telling him will be a very hard thing to do, but if he is a good friend chances are he'll take it well and may even joke around with it a bit, just remember that if they take it casually like "huh, yeah whatever" that's a GOOD reaction!

Come out to parents: The hardest step is finally coming out to your parents, at least now you have a close friend who you can rely on in case things go sour. Generally the best thing to do is talk to them about face-to-face and discuss your feelings with it. You'll feel very nervous and anxious and it will be a pretty bad experience at first, not going to lie, but if they take it will it'll be one of the best things you ever do and if they don't take it well, as I said, you at least have a close friend to keep you company, the good news is at least you've done the hardest part. The alternative is to write a letter to your parents and give them the letter, or perhaps do something a bit more silly, like someone actually baked a cake with the words "I'm gay and that's ok!" with a detailed letter about the persons sexuality. Something silly like that generally should give an ok reaction, an important thing to remember is if you are confident about your sexuality generally others will see that confidence and not see it as a big deal, which is GOOD. Do not in any circumstances though come out to your parents in an argument, it'll give them a very bad impression of the sexuality and will just make you feel worse.

Come out to more friends! These are the school friends and so forth, not SUPER close friends but a decent amount of friends. I came out to them online, but you can come out to them face-to-face if you'd like!

Come out to everyone: This is a controversial move, it really depends whether you want to go with it or not but I did it and it came out with great results. I came out using facebook, made a facebook post saying I was gay and it wasn't a troll. I got skeptical people out there but generally everything went well, so it's up to you whether you want to do it or not.

Some important things to always remember
  - You don't have to come out at any specific time, don't feel pressured to come out. It WILL make you more comfortable with your sexuality for sure, but you can take it slow. It took me about a year to complete all these steps so it's ok to be slow.
  - There is no perfect moment to come out to people. Remind yourself of that, if you keep waiting for a moment that'll just feel "right" to say "I'm bisexual" a moment like that won't exist, don't wait for a moment like that to come because it won't.
  - Feel comfortable with who you are. Your bisexuality is only a part of you and only defines you as much as you want it to. It's ok to be bisexual, gay, transgender or what-not, you're fine just the way you are!

I hope these helped :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • "LETS FIGHTING LOVE!!!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Build: Muscular, a bit husky :p
  • Currently: Lonely, worn out, stressed and bored.
Re: Tough Subject, needz imput
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:35:51 AM »
 :D  Thanks man! Haha, it feels good telling more people that understand  ^_^
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."