The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants or advice: miserable  (Read 331 times)

Offline Lokilullaby

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Rants or advice: miserable
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »
I hate it.  I hate thinking purple are my friends but being ignored by them when someone else Congress around.  I never dealt with this till I came to college.  yesterday apparently it was funny to turn out the lights while I was using the bathroom, then make fun of me in class.  I'm 25 I shouldn't have to deal with this, especially from people who don't even know me....life sucks....I'm starting to hate it.  I just want people to gang our with that actually like me, and don't pick on me out of meanness, but instead a friends do, in that teasing manner.  Been years since I've had friends offline, and it's really getting to me....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Bayzan

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Grab the day... By the THROAT!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Germolf's Den
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanized German shepherd fox thing
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 145 Lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Arty! X3
Re: Rants or advice: miserable
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:21:44 AM »
Option 1: Stand up for crap like this.
If you stand up for yourself people will start to respect you.
Option 2: Ignore them. There's only one downside... you must have a lot of tolerance to do so.
Option 3: Do option one and two, but also joke around with them. This might work, being tolerant but the the same time snappy would give you a "you push me this far, you'll regret it" kind of status. Combine that with a bit of joking around and people will see that you're a person who can tolerant to some extent and can snap when needed, but also knows how to fool around. Depending on how you do it you might make enemies, buddies or friends. Not sure if I was much help, but this is my 2 cents.
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see six sets of foot prints
Two belonging to you, four to me
Then you will know that I have not left you
I will be there to guide you, whenever you need.

My Legendary Drawings XD : http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22765.new#new
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/bayzan/

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
Re: Rants or advice: miserable
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »
I'm 17, but this might translate.

People picked on me all the time, but nowadays they don't go out of their way to do it anymore because I've sort of... "merged" my furriness with their common hobbies.
At gym, I usually sat on the sidelines while the others ran back and forth practically tackling each other for the ball. I decided my P.E. grade wasn't going to get better the way I was doing it, so I hopped up and started playing. They shoved me, elbowed me, said things, and eventually ran out things to use against me. They actually started to pass me the ball. So, I played that game, then the next few. About a week later, I entered the gym and sat down, and the others were about to start the game. It kinda suprised me when they asked why I wasn't playing.
Now, we're not buddies walking home together, but they at least respect my boundaries, and the word will spread.

Try out and I'll see if I can come up with some more advice
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.