The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Somber Type of Existence (Kateryu/Myself)  (Read 1719 times)

Offline DeusExAshen

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lupinely Wolven
  • Coloring: Black, white, and angry all over.
A Somber Type of Existence (Kateryu/Myself)
« on: July 12, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
OOC: You won't be introduced to my character just yet.  Consider the environment as my active character, for the moment.  To that, it may be a little short.

And so, she existed.  There was no rhyme or reason to the creation of the girl in that world, other than that she was supposed to be there.  She was not birthed from a womb, there was no mother there, nor was she created by some deity.  To that, she was not a deity herself.  The universe did not shake at her coming, it did not kneel over and exclaim "behold!"  Instead, it whispered unintelligibly into her ears, and it did so literally.  Whatever this machination was, this existence, it was languidly alive and responsive to her, but as mentioned, she did not control it.  At least, not fully.

The existence, the universe, was not responsive at first.  It clouded her eyes with a thick fog that routed her site to naught but the ground.  The ground, just as cold and receptive as the world, was covered in pavement.  It was a human composite, one that screamed that the world, while alien and foreboding, was still touched by the hands of men.  Touched further, there were structures in the distance.  For what they were, and what purpose they served, was still hidden by the nature of the fog.  The nature, while vague and as mysterious as it was, soon became less and less obvious.

For every moment she lived, the fog started to dissipate into the horizon.  The road, upon which she lay, opened up as if she had travelled through the darkest of tunnels.  While there was no tunnel to speak of behind her, the road was still there, and it was vast.  So much in width was it that it was no longer a road, but a highway.  There were vehicles lined up, and their eerie headlights, while dead, stared at her.  They were like small monoliths, built and positioned to greet her in her wake.  They surrounded her, but while as existent as they were, the drivers weren't.  They did not operate, and they did not live.  What once could have been considered reassurance, could now be a burden to a human heart.  Further more did the world strike at her in her lonesome status.

Buildings, gigantic and towering were now seen in the distance; it was a city, which, itself, was large and vast.  The highway was now a giant overpass among the city.  Everything was so much more grand now, and there she was, so little.  There was nothing there to remedy or answer for her existence, even as an abandoned culture became noticeable.  Signs, sporting the newest technologies and movies were deployed along the roadways and buildings.  They claimed the newest excitement and exponential greatness, but there was no one there to attest.  With still nothing by the environment around her at this point, the winds picked up and assaulted her form with a prickly chill.

The fog, while seemingly evasive now, did keep an opaque dome around her.  The sky was not hers, nor was the sight of any land surrounding the city.  It was selfish, and afraid; it moved when she did, but it did not dare touch her.  The world, as empty as it was, was hers.  If she wanted it, it was her paradise.  If she didn't, it was her prison.

Posted on: July 12, 2007, 04:59:23 PM
OOC: This thread is just for me and Kateryu at the moment; I made it public so that others could watch, if they'd like, and as a reference.  Sorry for the lack of disclaimer in the thread, that's why I labeled the subject like I did.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 08:10:21 AM by DeusExAshen »
Down the proverbial rabbit hole and into a foxhole.

Offline Kateryu

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Sweet Charade
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey/White/Black
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Somewhere between small and medium- tends to be slightly muscular
Re: A Somber Type of Existence (Kateryu/Myself)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 05:41:11 PM »
     Death. As she stood, mist dissipated into gray. No, it wasn't death. It was a lack of life. Life. What is life? Is it existence? Or is it a thing? Did life bring this world around her to be? Or was it life that the eerie structures craved?
     "Hello?" Echo, echo. The silence was tangible. She tried to push it away. "Hello?" Echo, echo. The silence pushed back. Her heart quickened, a strange sensation.
     She took a step forward. Also a strange sensation. Another step. Another step. Faster steps, faster steps. The realization came to her that she was running. Why was this so strange? Was there something she knew? Was there something she missed? She ran towards the buildings shrouded in mist. But she noted that as she neared them, the mist was penetrable.