The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A small rant  (Read 497 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
A small rant
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »
Just something that's been kind of bothering me recently.
It seems like nobody actually cares if I stay in their life or not. I constantly am seeing tons of people who other people love to be with/would die for. But for me, it's like I hardly matter to most of my friends. Most of the time they pretty much forget I exist and I'm the one who has to call them to do anything. For example, today my friend called me:
Friend: "hey dude me and *other friend* want to know if you have your car tonight so we don't have to walk"
Me: "uh...no it's in the shop"
Friend "oh damn.." *hangs up*.
To me it's like there's some big thing everyone has that makes them interesting and worth spending time with that I just missed out on. I even think that I give off this vibe online, because most people couldn't care less if I talk to them or not, and when I do I receive one word answers. I don't know, maybe it's just teenage angst, but I've always felt insignificant in other people's lives.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline LeafTheSwift

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • C'est la vie
    • Awards
  • Species: Swift Fox
  • Coloring: Gray with streaks of orange.
  • Height: 5`8
  • Weight: 147 lb.
  • Build: Althletic look but more toned then bulky.
  • Currently: Being Happy! ^^
Re: A small rant
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »
If i did't care what you said i wouldnt be posting this. Dount worry i know how you feal. Its like im a last option friend. I only get called if theres no one else to hang out with.  And if i want to hang out its very rare that they say yes. Maby try making some new friends. Im not the best at motavational speches but i hope i helped a little bit.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!  Stealth Operative

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »
I would like to help but cant cause Im in my 1st hour and class is just about over. Send me a pm
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
A person tends to have a much bigger effect on others lives than they actually know, and in the same way a lot of people don't realize how important someone else is until they're gone. I think you should try and see that it's not really useful to think that people don't care about you, and also realize that people may very well care about you. When in this state of mind you generally just focus on the negative things and ignore the positive things, so try and look out for how people care about you, an example is the replies on this very thread.

I believe people care about you, I can't really prove it and there is a chance I'm wrong, but I still think people care about you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:28:33 PM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »
As Anoni said, a lot of times people really do care about you but they don't know how to express it or don't actually realize it until they miss you. I had an experience like that myself, where I thought my best friend really only kept me around because I was good at helping him fix stuff and do favors for him, and I was ready to tell him off for good. But that turned out not to be the case at all, and we're still really good friends to this day.

Regardless of whether or not that's the case with you, you do at least have my sympathy, because I don't think that anyone you consider a real "friend" should treat you like yours are. I would also advise to try and focus as much on the positives as you can, even if you don't do it very much, because I know that people around here do care about each other. If you want to talk about it further, I always welcome PMs.  :3

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
I suppose you guys are right. I suppose nobody can really see how much other people care until it really matters. I suppose I'm just waiting for it to matter :P
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Aakosir

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard Therian
  • Coloring: Silver and purple
  • Height: 5 ft 7 in
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 10:29:44 PM »
I had a similar situation in high school. They only contacted me when they needed something. Those friends eventually floated away. It never really bothered me since it was pretty clear they were not my good friends, who are still around today. You're lucky to have a few friends, extremely lucky to have a few true friends.

Offline FurryTuck

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:37:07 PM »
I agree with Aakosir. I used to have a lot of "friends" who I never heard from and pretty much could've cared less about me. They ended up being left behind when I began to grow into a happier and more confident person. Before that, they would only contact me when they needed something, and never cared about me or how I was.

Offline Aakosir

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard Therian
  • Coloring: Silver and purple
  • Height: 5 ft 7 in
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 02:35:07 PM »
I agree with Aakosir. I used to have a lot of "friends" who I never heard from and pretty much could've cared less about me. They ended up being left behind when I began to grow into a happier and more confident person. Before that, they would only contact me when they needed something, and never cared about me or how I was.

And they were usually the ones who drug you down more than your own thoughts, right? A lot of kids go through this. It's a little different for each one, but the end result is almost always the exact same.