The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: rAwRT! :UPDATED: 8 Feb '13 My new avatar!  (Read 2028 times)

Offline ImaLionRoarr

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rawrr!
  • Species: Lion/leopard breed
  • Coloring: Savanna yellow with blackish dots
  • Build: Slender but muscular
  • Currently: Uploading some photos to iPhoto so I can display them here :3
rAwRT! :UPDATED: 8 Feb '13 My new avatar!
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:46:39 PM »
Decided to post all my new drawings here :3
Hope you guys enjoy!

Doing my first attempt at drawing a lion, all goes well until I realized I might've made the drawing a 'little' too big to fit on one sheet.. guess I'll go buy bigger sheets.
So anyway, here I present you.. lion legs

Decided to spice up the legs a little more by making the shadows more shadowy and the lines darker, personally, I like the result :3 Do you?

As most of you obviously know, the site was down for a couple of days, so here's what I made during those last few days :3

In glory we return, our destination ends, we slayed the Dragon, we're the chosen ones!

For the ladayss and some men :3

Quick! Get to the BATWING!

You.. have my permission to die.

Been a busy lion today :D
The annoyed lion who has to eat his veggies

Crossbreed of Bambi and Rambo - PG13

Commission I made for a friend, of her fursona - VentusFall
Design by: VentusFall

Failed attempt at drawing an eye

My fursona! Finally!

Practicing my shadowing work

A cute female liger cub I drew

Cool kittay

My new avatar

Quick sketch I drew from the movie "My Bloody Valentine"

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:57:52 PM by ImaLionRoarr »

Offline Bayzan

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Grab the day... By the THROAT!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Germolf's Den
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanized German shepherd fox thing
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 145 Lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Arty! X3
Re: rAwRT!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »
Wow! Nice set of legs  :D
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see six sets of foot prints
Two belonging to you, four to me
Then you will know that I have not left you
I will be there to guide you, whenever you need.

My Legendary Drawings XD : http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22765.new#new
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/bayzan/

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
  • I'm a positive bastard (sugar)
    • Awards
  • Currently: Imma murr!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
As a first drawing I must say, wow. Honestly that is a very good drawing for someone that just started. I would like to throw a little constructive help on you, I hope it's okay  :)

I drew a little to help.

The first figure to the left is a human, notice how his feet lands in the line that goes through his body. That line we can call the gravity line. How you put things in relation with the gravity line makes the figure fall or stand. Your characters left leg looks like the leg in figure two. It is not in the same perspective but the core principle still applies. In other words, in your drawing he would probably have difficulties standing up. Because the anatomy isn't balanced.

The third figure shows how you would need to bend the leg to make it work. The dot in the middle of the leg is the knee. So basically, you would have to make sure that the part just below the knee is bend more back, so that the foot itself will land below the knee and not in front of it.

You have the free will as an artist to change and work with your characters. A functional anatomy is however essential if you want to give a fantastic impression with future drawings. Also I should stop. I've given you enough thoughts  XD  Keep on drawing.

I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch

Offline ImaLionRoarr

• Boisterous Bear
  • Rawrr!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »
As a first drawing I must say, wow. Honestly that is a very good drawing for someone that just started. I would like to throw a little constructive help on you, I hope it's okay  :)

I drew a little to help.

The first figure to the left is a human, notice how his feet lands in the line that goes through his body. That line we can call the gravity line. How you put things in relation with the gravity line makes the figure fall or stand. Your characters left leg looks like the leg in figure two. It is not in the same perspective but the core principle still applies. In other words, in your drawing he would probably have difficulties standing up. Because the anatomy isn't balanced.

The third figure shows how you would need to bend the leg to make it work. The dot in the middle of the leg is the knee. So basically, you would have to make sure that the part just below the knee is bend more back, so that the foot itself will land below the knee and not in front of it.

You have the free will as an artist to change and work with your characters. A functional anatomy is however essential if you want to give a fantastic impression with future drawings. Also I should stop. I've given you enough thoughts  XD  Keep on drawing.

That's some amazing advice there, point with me unfortunately is that I don't like to draw the basics first, sometimes I just have something in my head and try to draw that "out of the loose hand" as we would call it in Dutch rather than making the whole figure first and then slowly adding details, should try working on that anatomy though, like a lottt haha.

Anyways, really appreciated your advice and the drawing along made it quite a bit clearer!

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
  • I'm a positive bastard (sugar)
    • Awards
  • Currently: Imma murr!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:30:58 PM »
ImaLionRoarr ~ being able to draw good on loose hand is for many artists a highly sought after talent. You can get there in two ways. You can either draw alot, it's important that you draw frequently. Maybe just for ten minutes every day. Draw a little everyday rather than much once a week. Frequency and efficiency is key for improvment.

The other way is to learn the core structures like anatomy and perspective. The problem with this approach is that it will take a while before you can draw anything "fun and personal". It is also very easy to learn yourself wrongly, guidance is important. The benefits from this way is that when you master it you can draw any pose from any angle!

But the best thing would really be to mix both, or just do what gives you joy. Keep on drawing!  :3

Sopherz ~ I call them controlled squiggles, thanks a bunch  :P

I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch

Offline ImaLionRoarr

• Boisterous Bear
  • Rawrr!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »
Mmm.. yeahh You're right :3 I might start using that gravity line that, for shits and giggles, see if I have the determination to use it ;o

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: rAwRT! ::UPDATED 2013-01-21
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
Please keep all of your artwork updates in one thread. Merged your two threads together. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ImaLionRoarr

• Boisterous Bear
  • Rawrr!
Re: rAwRT! ::UPDATED 2013-01-21
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »
Please keep all of your artwork updates in one thread. Merged your two threads together. :)

Sorry!
And thanks for that :3 moved them all to the first post now ^-^