The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Father issues.  (Read 328 times)

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Father issues.
« on: September 29, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
Well, This has been going on for quite a wile now but just recently it picked up some. And to get advice on what I should do I guess I shall explain my problem.

It all started about a month and a half ago when my mother filed for 18 years of child support from my biological father.
Me and my Biological father never knew eachother seeing that he left us when I was a baby and my whole life I grew up thinking my current father was my biological father. But when my mother filed for the money we where owed, the IRS tracked him down and is now garnishing his wages until we get the thirty something thousent dollars we are owed. About a month ago he called for the first time in 17 years... He wanted to talk to my mom but she ignored him, and he also wanted to talk to me... But I'm not sure if I want to talk to him at all seeing how he was never in my life. And then my 18th birthday came up came up and then he called again... For what it was worth he wished me a happy birthday. *Rolls eyes sighing* And just a week ago he called one last time, I didn't hear the message he left this time but my mother told me he sounded very angry wanting to talk to her... And my current dad, the one who raised me from when I was a baby (Step dad you can say) doesn't know about any of this... I'm not sure what to do.. If I should talk to him or just ignore him..
Ugghhh... :S
Any advice would be appreshated.
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Father issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:08:42 PM »
  It sounds like talking to him might not be the greatest idea, from what I can get, it sounds like the biggest advantage you'd get from talking to him is closure. Simply closure. If you really feel that you should talk to him, feel that talking to him is the only way to get some closure on your situation, then talk to him. However, from the sounds of things, it sounds like you're not interested to talk to him, but simply feel, almost obligated, to talk to him. Let me tell you there is no obligation to talk to him, if you're fine not talking to him, I really think not talking to him would be the best idea.

Also you don't have to call your current father your "current father" or "step dad", that man is your real father, both legally and ethically. You may not have his genetics, but he has influenced you and shaped you strongly, in a way that your biological father did not do. Just remember that.

Hope it goes well!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
OH I do call him my father. I only called him step dad and current dad to not confuse everyone...
And thank you for the advice Anoni. ^_^
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:50:03 AM »
On the bright side, your dad isn't on the darkside, commanding a deathstar and all for ruling the galaxy.

Then again Vader was up for ruling the galaxy as father and son.

I can sort of understand why he would be upset suddenly having to pay all that dosh quite suddenly after so long. It's obvious something happened between your mom and dad that resulted in him being kicked out.

I say try talk to your dad.
ever asked your mom about what happened between the two of them?
  • Signature art by: MrRazot