The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!  (Read 11149 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Re: Calling all Roleplayers interested in serious RPs!
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »
I recognize it's flirting with the line about God-modding. However, as a trained Martial Artist, I also know the maneuver to be a truth. It's impossible to move your arm mid swing when something blocks the shoulder. I've seen everyone from 400 lbs football players to 120 lbs 7th degree Masters get blocked by that and I feel as though it's safe to say that in an RP.

Also to clarify slightly, try taking a swing at someone with their chest pressed to your shoulder. I tell you know it's impossible, but you can go ahead and argue with me. Quite frankly, I don't care.

While I'm at it, I shall qualify a few other points. Grabbing the arm is also a very safe move in RP, in my opinion, as the shoulder is right in front of her (touching her in fact) and it's a simple matter to latch onto clothing when it's presented that readily. The knee also never connected, but was on it's way, making your response correct.

Lastly, the situation presented is that Holly is a Master at her craft, namely fighting, and you are a student. It's almost expected for Jovi and I to be God-modding in a degree. To make matters worse, this was actually brought up earlier by another one of the people that have posted to this thread and we came to an agreement there as well.

I apologize for the tone of the above message. I'm having a particularly bad day and I'm having a very bad time medically. So forgive me when I feel some anger at answering questions for the second time or get upset when a student decides to chew out the teacher for something that was already written about and decided upon earlier in the thread or that I have to write about a knife / ground fight at this particular moment.

I apologize, but I don't like writing about knife fights for personal reasons. Especially with anyone that knows anything about ground fighting, because they inevitably take it there and it gets even more detestable for me.

Holly let herself fall to the ground. The only provision she made was guiding their fall slightly by angling her own weight so that Cif didn't land entirely on top of her and knock her wind out. Sadly, she couldn't reverse the fall to give the same to him.

She landed on her side and could feel Jack's arms around her. Her arms were positioned relatively well to where they could be used. One was still holding onto Jack's arm (which she quickly released and brought to her core) and the other was already curled against her chest.

"Yes," Holly answered with a smile. "There really aren't any rules."

To accentuate her words, her face darted out towards Jack's neck, jaws open to gain a purchase. At the same time, her knee shot up once more, this time to hit a more... soft target at the fork of Jack's legs.*

*groin
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2012, 04:04:37 AM »
Jack felt Holly's knee make connection with the cup he had decided to wear that day. "Well... that was a good idea..." He winced as Holly's teeth got close to his neck. "Um.. this is a friendly match," he said, scooping up his left-hand dagger with his tail and placing it to her neck. "And at this positon, we'd both be dead." He looked up at her, wincing a bit. "Call it a tie? Because at this rate, if we continue, I'm going to end up as a spot of gore... and I don't want you to have any spots on your teaching record..." He placed the clasp around the hilt of his other knife and inched his hand free, holding it up. "Please... let's just call it a tie/"

(Not if you slash from the right ith your left arm.)
(You still don't know CRAP about dagger fights.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:07:46 AM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2012, 05:45:18 PM »
This fight is over.

Any other questions from anyone?
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2012, 02:12:30 AM »
Actually, as Otebon said, sometimes fight wins are determined by a dice roller, and other times the winner is determined by the person who is running the RP. I've also been in fights in the past where there is an outside judge who just determines who the better rper is.

In this simulation we were running a school-type scenario which means that no student should be able to beat their master. Cif came in for practice, and he got the best RPer I know, Otebon, subbing in my place. Otebon and I worked out a deal a long time ago that he may control Holly whenever needed. I suppose that it would come off as godmodding without prior knowledge of that. Otherwise what Otebon did was little more than some slight power playing in my eyes, as he never said that he struck Cif's character. In other fights with other characters he also had his own characters become injured, so it's not that he was godmodding at all. 

As the creator of this thread I am officially doing two things to this training session:

1. Definition- Godmodding: "God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. And example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try.

-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with.

2. I am officially locking this thread as it is now becoming off-topic. If anyone has any questions to ask Otebon or myself personally, you may contact us through PMs.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter