The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My First Topic... A Rant  (Read 342 times)

Offline Twixxle

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
My First Topic... A Rant
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
I joined here because I needed somebody to talk to.  I have some bad emotional stuff happening.  I really need some help. 
My Rant:  I recently got evicted by my family as a 20 year old female with severe emotional issues.  I moved into a slum apartment with some friends (a female friend and her boyfriend) for the sake of not being on the streets.  I admit, I am lazy and I do slack on doing chores around here, but my female friend has this idea now that I hate her and that I'm making moves on her ugly childish boyfriend.  I have severe depression and I'm jobless as no one near us is hiring (I checked everywhere... literally!).  I'm going crazy.  Can someone help me, even if it's just someone to chat with?

Please, no yiff.  I'm seriously hurting.  I just feel so hurt by the girl who WAS my best friend and only real life friend.  I'm just being desperate here.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: My First Topic... A Rant
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
First thing to do, take a deep breath, just relax, concentrate on your breathing, don't let these thoughts affect you for a bit, just breathe. In and out, do that for a couple minutes, just to calm you down if your feeling bad, can help for a short term.

First of all, you need to approach this situation with your female friend, you have to sit there and tell her that you are not interested in her boyfriend and that you do not hate her. Show her that, hug her even just show her that you don't hate her, you're ok and you aren't interested in her boyfriend. I would definitely not use aggressive tones though, like, don't call her boyfriend an ugly child haha. So it's just calm, nice and smooth, be relaxed and confront her in a nice, healthy manner and show her how much she cares to you and how you would never do such a thing to betray her.

For the severe depression, if it is depression, then it's best to see a professional about it. Sometimes these dispositions may not be environmental, but chemical and sometimes it's very hard to control. There are many methods that a psychiatrist might be able to recommend to help ease your depression, including medication, but all in all it can be for the best. So, I think (if you haven't already), see a professional about the depression. Whether it's a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist, whatever you really prefer.

There are also some organizations that can help you find jobs, you may also be applicable for well-fare or equillevant. The main thing you have to focus on is the positives, think of the negatives as something to try and fix for sure, but just stay happy, calm down and know that the future is uncertain and if you play your cards right, it can be good.

Nevertheless, if you want to chat I'm always here :3. I can be found on Steam mostly: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bleese and I prefer to use that medium.
If you don't have/use steam then my skype name is bleesev2 :P

I hope everything gets better soon! :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";