The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: omg I think I screwed up my one chance at happiness  (Read 404 times)

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When blinded by adversity just look to the stars
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: I'm a Majestic Snowcone
omg I think I screwed up my one chance at happiness
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:32 AM »
This freshman year has sucked for me. I have few friends and no one has wanted anything to do with me. In my 3rd and 6th hours is this girl who I always kinda liked shes kind of on the dark emo sorta side but I am too. She has tried being nice to me many times this year and I dont know why but Ive been a jerk to her a little bit and I dont know why? I dont understand it. shes been gone for the past weeks and I hate myself for how Ive acted I HATE IT! I feel so bad I just want to ask her out but instead when she talks to me I get this pissed off attidtude and ignore her out of fear of me looking stupid. I dont know why Im like this! this might be because the last girl I asked out made me look like a fool in front of the school. I hate myself so **censor** much. The only person who shows intrest in me and I act like a dick. Ive been hugging my stuffed tiger crying and I feel **censor** pathetic but I hate this. I get this feeling tht she hates me now. Did I screw up my chance! **censor**! theres always drama in my life :(
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: omg I think I screwed up my one chance at happiness
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:53:21 AM »
As long as you're alive, you will have more chances at happiness.

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:04:35 AM »
Really? is tht true? Im a furry in an anti different school and one person takes intrest in me and she dose not care, I cant sleep like this.
Our mere existence is enough reason to carry on. Never let others steal your lust for life. Life is all you have and it is all you will get. Cling to it until the universe says it's time to let go. Then rest, only then have you earned it.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »
To be fair, it's only Freshman year.
Sure, it sucks. Maybe Sophomore year won't be any better, or maybe it won't be any worse. But there's a *lot* of time for things to go right. I had a pretty crappy school year myself. Between being beaten to being arrested, I can honestly say I thought that things would never get good again. But I pushed through and now I can honestly say I'm glad I did. I had *no* idea the things I would miss out on. If I went back and told myself how things are today, I probably would've laughed and spit in my face for making up such a joke.

There are hundreds of people you could meet before you're even done with school, don't let the mistakes you made with one person bring you down like that. It's only a single part of a much larger whole you'll have to face.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Blue, and White fur
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Athletic and Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Enjoying Summer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:54:55 AM »
Freshman in high school? Dude, don't stress it too much. I didn't have a relationship during high school because I was focused on school, but also there wasn't a great selection of potentials...now I'm in high school.

Just work on your approach, and eventually, if you can, straight up talk to her. Maybe just chat with her on Facebook at first about stuff before coming to her casually. It makes things easier in real life interactions.

Things will get easier. Trust me.
"Life is a party, don't just stand by the punchbowl." ~JFH

Xbox Live
| PS3 | Steam | Twitter | Gaming Furever

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »
Ok first, to explain what Vosur meant.

You are less than 16 years (don't know your exact age) through your life, you have an almost 80 year life, which means you are less than 20% through your life. In each moment of your life, each instant, there is an infinite amount of outcomes (though each outcome has a different probability of happening), having so many countless moments for so long with so many different variations, it's very difficult for you to lose your one chance of happiness, almost impossible in fact. So to say you have lost your one chance of happiness, when you have so much left, so much unexplored so many new circumstances you haven't even begun to think about, it's short sighted. You still have many more chances for happiness, you can still grasp it.

For your problems, I'm going to address my 2c on each of them, then I'm going to say what I think is important to do about "thinking" about the problems.
Friends: I think you can be a nice guy if you want to be, you just need to be confident, fear of rejection is a very hard thing to get rid of (if you have that fear) but if you feel that you need more friends, the best way is to hold your head up and go into a crowd with confidence and an upbeat attitude. If they try to bring you down, don't let them, if they try to make you look like a fool, laugh at yourself, don't get embarrassed, because if they see you being so strong to actually laugh at yourself and ignore all their bullying, they will be the ones looking like a fool.

Girl: First things first, you can't change the past, the past is over and done with, what can you do? Nothing. So, stop thinking about how what you have done is bad or wrong, because that won't achieve anything but make you feel worse. Instead, look to the future, because that's something you can change, look to the present as well because that's where you change the future. Think, how can I get around not acting like a dick to this girl? Can I be nice to her, maybe I should think of my Tiger stuffed animal when I'm talking to her, get a happy place and see if we have anything in common. I dunno if I'd ask her out straight away, but talk to her, get to know her more, be good friends with her and then tell her that you have feelings for her and tell her you were sorry for acting like a dick earlier. It's all ok, you can't change the past, but you CAN change the future and thinking about what you can DO is much more beneficial than thinking about what you have DONE

You can choose to think about all these issues very depressingly, as if things are going horribly wrong, or you can choose to attack the issues. IF the issues are changeable, change them! If they issues are not changeable, ignore them. It's an old saying, "If you can change a problem, what's the need in worrying? If you can't change a problem, what's the use in worrying?". Things will be bad and you can choose to let that destroy you, or you can choose to brush that off and you can push on. It's not as simple as a choice obviously, it's very hard to not feel sad, but it is something you should think about. I just think thinking in a positive mood can help a lot.
Hope it all gets well soon :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Draco Vertolgr

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
Well yea I guess, Im 15 right now so tht gives me plenty of time but I stiil hate myself for being a jerk to her :/ oh well this school year is almost over yet its taking so long