The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: CROSSOVER Wars OOC  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
CROSSOVER Wars OOC
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
Intro:
Ah, References.  They can be fun, can't they?  Add a little something to your fun, like a line someone said in a game you liked.  Or a playful poke at a silly comic device.  They're fun to find, fun to play with, and fun to use.  However, not everything NAMED a reference IS a reference.

*A reference is a small, insignificant poke at a beloved work of media.  It is there only for fun, and have no impact on plot, characterization, or setting.  (Example: Harry Potter making a passing comment on beyond infinity.)

*A crossover is a mix of two or more worlds from the same or different media that significantly impacts the story as a whole, including plot, charicterization, setting, character interactions, and all other pieces of a work. (Example: Harry Potter using a lightsaber he found lying around.)

Most roleplayers, and some young authors, have trouble differentiating the two, often interrupting the flow of a work and going against the pre-existing set up of a work.  Whether this is done in a roleplay, a book, a fanfic, a movie, or any other media, it is a sore thumb and can't always be looked past.  This Training roleplay is to help get those urges OUT before they cause trouble in other works you're participating in.

Setting:

You just dropped into a city, completely filled with OC's!  Have your fun, make NCC's, follow the rules, and make friends.  We're all friends here in OCity.  Well, maybe not all.  The evil couple, Sue and Stu, are out to assimilate all OC's.  You're the only hope new friends.  Please, protect us!

Rules:
1. All original characters.  No Luke Skywalker, Rachel Benenstien, Spock, or any other pre-existing character.  Make your own.  Be creative.

2. Not all characters have to be from a pre-existing universe.

3. This is a biggy.  KNOW YOUR CANON.  This is HUGE.  If you don't know a work, you can't play with it.  As such, if you're doing a long winded work, say Star Wars, Star Trek, Astro Boy, specify what you've watched or read in that canon.  No yelling if one thing or another is a little off because of another, unread, part of canon.

4. Stay friendly.  Everyone has their interpretations of canon, and that's to be RESPECTED.  I will shut this down if arguments break out over canon details or personal thoughts on it.

5. Help one another.  This relates to above.  If someone is into, say Soul Eater, and get's a few details off, that's okay.  You can talk to each other, see what you each know.  A comic, a game, or a show might be very different.

6. If you choose to talk, do it in CW OOC.  No one wants to slog through ten pages of a conversation to get to the roleplay.  I'll ask you to delete it otherwise.

7. No powerplaying, godmodding, or powerkilling.  You will have three strikes before you're booted.  Each of these cost two.  Ask me or a fellow player if you want to practice not doing this.

8. LONG POSTS PEOPLE.  TALK.  DESCRIBE.  ACT.  This is INSANELY important.  Write like you want to read it.  Do you want to read text speak constantly?  Do you want to be confused on what's going on?  NO!  Write PROPERLY.  I will help if you want, but this is something most people want in a serious roleplay and I can't play mother all the time.  Part of training is to get better, and this is highly sought.

9. Although I won't be RPing with you for a time  (I'll be doing Sue and Stu), I will be MONITERING you, and will have a few in-game moniters myself.  Behave yourself.  If you don't, I will know.

10. No invincible ANYTHING.  Go to fun RP's if you want to do an invincible character.  Same with random.  I don't mind some of the latter, but OMG I'M RANDOM CHEEEESSSSSEEEE!!! every post, or even every page, will not always run well with others.

Characters:
(FILL OUT EVERYTHING.)

1. Name
2. Gender
3. Age
4. Canon
5. Canon references (What are you using?)
6. Appearance
7. Personality
8. Weapons
9. Relations?
10. Powers
11. If you have a picture, put it here.

(Edit:
CC: Critical character.  Needs a character sheet and ONE RPer.
NCC: Non-critical characters.  Does not need a character sheet.  May share RPers if original creater agrees.
VC: Villian character. Does not need a character sheet.  ONE RPer.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:42:03 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: CROSSOVER Wars OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
 :3 :3 :3
Oh, i am so joining this....

But first... I'll come up with a character.
I'll get back to you ASAP.
(Can we use canon from... ANYTHING? like... anything at all that's forum-appropriate?)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:23 PM »
Anything forum appropiate.  They must follow the rules below, but I will emphasize two things.

Boring Invincible Heroes/Heroines are discouraged unless it a satirical secondary character.

No ultimate anythings.  This isn't "No Lightsabers", it's "No X-blade" or "No Level 99 Cloud sword".  To keep it interesting.  :)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
Alright. Glad to hear that.

I'll work on my character ASAP.

• Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Are you still making your character?  I do need that you know.

Note: Please just one universe per character.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »
Yes. Yes I am. Ive been busy, but I can try to have him up before Saturday night. Cross my heart and hope to get injured.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »
RP moved by request of the game master.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
And thus, it was a yes.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
Thanks Zeph.  :)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 12:13:44 AM »
1. Name: Kane Darktread
2. Gender: Male
3. Age: 17
4. Canon: Golden Sun, Devil May Cry, Marvel, No More Heroes, CreepyPasta, Street Fighter
5. Canon references (What are you using?):  powers, weapons, events, a specific store
6. Appearance: White fox with black ears, black hair, black handpaws and footpaws, and a black tail tip. Wears a red trenchcoat and a pair of fingerless gloves, along with a white sleeveless undershirt, a black sleeveless shirt, olive green cargo pants, an belt with a skull-shaped buckle
7. Personality: Calm, but joking.
8. Weapons: The Sol Blade, a sword given to him by his demonic father, a pair of pistols
9. Relations?: His brother Hectus, the demon Secramus (father), a 14-yr-old fox girl named Samia who he has adopted as a sister who looks a lot like him.
10. Powers: Enhanced speed, agility, and strength, manipulation over energy.
11. If you have a picture, put it here.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:30:09 AM by Cifero Windtail »

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »
Cif, I'd kinda prefer you chose one universe, not a bunch.  And what are you using for your references?  Issues, movies, games?  Names are nice.

Note: If something has a name like Sol Blade, it's usually an ultimate.  Could you please choose two of those weapons?  I know I didn't say this initially, but it pertains to the "No ultimates" rule.  Or Boring Invincible Hero.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:10:59 PM by Aldrea945 »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 06:39:34 AM »
this is based mostly on Devil May Cry, but i shall add in some creepypasta stuff, I borrowed the name of the sword from Golden Sun for the sword's name, and...

You know, I'm gonna remove street fighter and No more heroes.