The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking For A Roommate - Moving To Asheville, NC  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
Looking For A Roommate - Moving To Asheville, NC
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:21:31 AM »
I've posted this on a few different places (DA/FB) so if you've read it somewhere else its pretty much the same thing just copy an pasted because I'm to lazy to type a whole new message each time. Also I was unsure of where to put this but since the general thread gets the most traffic I figured I'd put it here. But I also plan to post this on cregslist however I'd rather find a roommate who is an internet friend then a complete stranger v.v soooooo hopefully someone will take me up on z offer on here before that ^^;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the title states I'm moving to Asheville, which means bye bye small depressing town known as Murphy (which is the town I live in atm.) I'm deciding to leave for a few reasons tho which I'm listing below.

* College: I will be hopefully be attending UNCA either in the Fall semester or Spring Semester of next year.

* The Town: Asheville is awesome, and like a paradise when compared to the small back of the woods town I live in at the moment.

* Good Chance Of Finding A Job: Even though my life's goal is to get a job at Bethesda Game Studio's. There is a high possibility of finding work since FB will be opening a new data center in Asheville. I'm also an experienced cook, and theirs a lot of Bakeries and Breweries in Asheville. :3

* Parents: Now I know some people would be like, "Noo don't go~!"  to me moving because it is the "gravy train" at home (not really.) However I'll take Sanity, Freedom, and no more of there loopy heath Naziism over not having to pay for rent and subjecting myself to the harsh environments in the real world any day.

Yes it was the straw that broke the camels back, so now I'm apartment hunting as well as looking for a roommate. Its cheaper to get a 2BR/2BA and divide the costs equally than it is to get a 1BR/1BA by myself. I'm currently having my friend look at the neighborhoods of the 4 apartment places I liked. After that I'll only need finish a few classes this semester, find a roommate and move. For you of those that think I'm being implosive about leaving. Believe me I've weighed the Pro's and Con's from this and I believe that the Pro's truly outweigh the Con's.

If your interested in rooming with me, my only rules are as followed.

* The apartments are no Smoking so you'd have to smoke out side if your fine with that I'm cool with that, I don't smoke because personally I don't like it and I've already had a friend die of it (at the age of 24 I might add) however its your own choice and thus being so I will respect that.

* Rent will be divided 50/50 along with utilities, everything else will be divided similarly, details can be worked out later but what I'm talking about is stuff like food where I buy food for one week you buy food next week and we switch each week, etc. like I said it can be worked out later.

* I'm fine with pets however not all the apartments I'm looking at allow pets ( 2 out of the 4 are No pets one is "negotiable" and one said you can't have pets ) and I'd personally prefer not having a animal in the house. But again as long as you take care of them etc. I don't really care.

* Finally, as I am planning to be living in Asheville for a few years 3-4 years so I would like to find a roommate would be willing to room with me for minimum of 12 months but if your interested in renting an apartment with me for 3-4years would be awesome as it would save me the trouble of having to find another roommate.

Its also always nice to have common interests so we won't kill each other a month after moving in lol so here are some of the things I like.

*Anime
 *Airsoft
 *Cosplay
 *Gaming
 *Cooking
 *Wolves
 *Japanese Food
 *Reading
 *Writing
 *Drawing
 *Modding Bethesda Games
 *Hot Topic