Author Topic: Furry Statistics  (Read 14549 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Furry Statistics
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:44:28 AM »
Everybody loves some statistics and I'm sure a lot of people have been doing research on the Furry Fandom either before they joined, during they joined or after they joined.

Either way, with my new wealth of experiences, ideas and thoughts about the furry fandom after joining this forum, I thought I might do some more research and came across several statistic sharing websites and results that gave me some interesting concepts about the furry fandom. These statistics aren't particularly hard to find, but I have tried to get them from as many sources as possible (which will be listed below). See what you guys think of these statistics, do you agree with them and post some statistics you have of your own! :D

(NOTE: these results are averaged using a variety of sources, all sources are posted below if you want a completely accurate report)

Biological Sex:
The Average results give that roughly 80% of the fandom is male, 18% female and 2% other.

There is a high percentage of the age group 15 - 24 years of age (about 50 - 70%) of all furries, with about 15% being younger than 15 and less than 4% being older than 45.

Sexuality:
Most results found that Bisexuals were the most frequent of sexualities (around 33%) why heterosexuals were close second (around 30%). A lot of furries considered themselves heterosexual with slight bisexual behavior and about 12% considered themselves exclusively homosexual.

Furry Fetish:
35% of furries consider themselves to have a major sexual fetish for furries, why a further 40% claim to have a slight sexual fetish for furry art. An outlier survey states that 80% are attracted to furries sexually. 12% of furries state they enjoy zoophilia and 6% state they are Plushophile.

Conventions and meet ups
40% of furries have gone to a convention once in their lives why 14% go to conventions regularly. 36% of furries have gone too at least one local furry meet up.

Fursuits:
15% of furries own a fursuit why almost 50% want to own a fursuit. 25% of furries own a partial fursuit why 70% of furries have some kind of furry accessory (tail, collar, ears, etc)

Activity in Fandom:
(on a scale from 1 - 10 (1 being not active and 10 being most active)) 50% of furries believe they are 7 or above in activity. 30% of furs believe they have been an active furry for less than a year. Therians have been shown to have a greater spiritual and identity connection their persona's than furries. 27% of furries believe themselves to be not 100% human. approximately 50% of furries believed that being a furry was a choice (50% believing it wasn't).

Art/literature/music:
Approximately 45% of the furry fandom draw furry art, 38% write furry literature and 25% compose music.

Activity online:
60% of furries claim to chat to furries online more than twice a day. While 95% of furries claim to chat to furries online at some point of time.

Interests:
60% of furries enjoy sci-fi with another 60% enjoying video games, 50% enjoying anime and 45% enjoying sports. Furry interests are very diverse and there is no statistical outlier of interests that I can see.

Fursonas:
The average furry has 2.5 fursona's. The most common type of fursona is that of a predator (35%).

Animal rights:
Only roughly 5% of furries consider themselves vegetarians and 30% of furries considering themselves and advocate of animal rights

There's my grouping of the statistics, if you don't like how I've presented them you can get the direct data for yourself using the sources below.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
http://www.klisoura.com/ot_furrysurvey.php
http://www.qi.com/news/item.php?id=665
http://www.furrysociology.net/report.htm
https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/international-furry-survey-summer-2011
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Sexual_orientation

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Houshou

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • La petit morde
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Flying Squirrel
  • Height: 68 inches
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: Runner lean
Furry Statistics
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:10:48 AM »
Wow... ('n.n)!
DC: Universe Online PS3 Characters:
Houshou - Hero - Sorcery / Healer CR 64
Guild: PS3Reapers

League of Legends: Summoner 18
Favorite Champions: Teemo, Gangplank, Ashe

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Furry Statistics
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
Interesting. I can't say that anything surprised me but it's nice to see the "actual numbers".

Therians have been shown to have a greater spiritual and identity connection their persona's than furries.
And I could have told you that for free! XD

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
haha XD

Yeah, I didn't think much of that surprised me, although I didn't know the fandom was so dominated by males XD

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »
I knew there were more males than females in the fandom, you can just look at the members on the forum to see that, but didn't think it would be as high as 80%.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:51:06 AM »
I think it's because the more known furs are popular artists, and from what I've seen, nearly all popular artists are female.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
12% of furries state they enjoy zoophilia

....no response. because that is 12% too many

70% of furries have some kind of furry accessory (tail, collar, ears, etc)

I am the 30%

27% of furries believe themselves to be not 100% human

not to be insensitive, but I call bull.

(50% believing it wasn't). 

Excuse me while I say this: BEING A FURRY IS A CHOICE.
To believe otherwise is strange.

Approximately 45% of the furry fandom draw furry art, 38% write furry literature

I feel so proud that i do both of these. Now i need to work on composing music... :D

Anyway, those are all my responses. Remember, they are my opinions, not yours. So don't go off on me, please. Thankies. :)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »

That particular data was taken from two of the sources http://www.furrysociology.net/report.htm and [url=https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/international-furry-survey-summer-2011]https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/international-furry-survey-summer-2011[/url]

However the actual accurateness of these surveys (as they only have a sample of a few thousand or hundred) is arguable. These is just what the surveys say :P

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »

Me being one of those.. I know I'm fully human physically, but mentally I actually feel like I have a fox in me.

Therians have been shown to have a greater spiritual and identity connection their persona's than furries.
And I could have told you that for free! XD
Indeed quite obvious.. though I can relate to that quite well, I believe to have a very strong connection to my fursona, believing it to be a second personality of mine and considering possibly being therian.

I was a tad surprised at the sexuality statistics. I knew there were quite a few bi furs, but I thought there would be more homosexuals.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 01:55:15 AM »
I don't generally like to go off of info from surveys, because they only ask a certain amount of people so they're not really completely accurate.

I especially don't really buy the "80% male" because, other than what I just stated above, 1) someone might say they're male when they're female (feeling that they are actually the other and not what they really are) and 2) I believe that male furries are just more likely to be in the "public" aspect of it (forums, conventions, etc.).

On an off-topic note (and please excuse my grammar/spelling nazi coming out), you used the word "why" where you were supposed to use "while" in a bunch of places. Just saying. Sorry I couldn't resist the urge to correct. Heh.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:10 PM »
Interesting...

though I never trust statistics on stuff like this.

from my own fur friends:

~at least  70% are gay/bi,
~about 50% own a fursuit,
~70% are guys vs girls,
~and  60% are roughly 18-30years old while other 40% are 30+
~all of them have 1 fursona
~100% of the ones I've met have been to a con or furmeet or both
~50% draw/write (some do both)
~20% do music
~20% build fursuits
~99% have a fetish to furry (some even find human sex disturbing)
~10% are transgndered/MTF/FTM
~Interests 100% are into gaming, 35% are into anime, 75% are into sci-fi, 55% are into sports
~100%   of them talk daily to other furs by MSN texting or what have you

this is also from a pool of about 60 fur friends

and he ones in Magenta are the ones  that I identify myself in