The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A bit of musical advice ^_^?  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Bunbun! Bunbun! Yes I am!
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Brown Fur, BBrown Hair.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 119 lbs.
  • Build: Medium
A bit of musical advice ^_^?
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
Okay make that a lot of musical advice  D: ....
It's not that I have absolutely no musical talent/knowledge, my piano teacher and band teacher say i'm extremely talented in that stuff ^_^...BUT this is about a song I wanna compose, and the fact I can't make a choice between a couple projects I wanna work on.

Okay so here's how it is.
Project One = Tae Project. The Tae Project, as I like to call it, involves a chararcter I wrote up and drew named 'Tae'. Renard was the basic inspiration behind this project (as well as Gorillaz), meaning a 'virtual character' who 'sings' the songs I compose (though it's just me singing it xD). So I made a persona and plot and everything, and have a tracklist for his USA debut album.
Tae - Can't Stop It~
1. Intro
2. 'Magic
3. Pretty Girl
4. All The Time
5. When You Say You Love Me
6. Screw You!
7. OLLB (Overly Loving Lion Boy)
8. Me + You (Me Plus You)
9. Outro

So that's the first project.
The second project is 'Revolutionary Girl Utena, the Musical'. For most other things, a musical version would suck, but the concept of Utena, well, already has the music and singing IN it! So all I need is to write the sheet music and dialogue and stage directions and cues etc etc etc. I wanna give it to the drama teacher BUUUUUT I get the feeling she's not too fond of people she doesn't know, and no matter how polite I am, she rejects like, everything I do xD. So that's the con to that project. The pro is, it's really, absolutely amazing. I've got the first 7 scenes and 2 songs written, and everyone I've shown it to says it really has potential to be entirely amazing.

Now the pros of the Tae Project = It's a solo project, so I don't need deadlines or anything, and I can work at my own pace (Save for the duet "Me + You (Me Plus You)" in which my friend Meghan has offered to participate <3).
The cons are -- I still don't have a mic, and I have a really hard time writing lyrics.

OKAY NOW THE SUPER DILEMMA HERE. is "Me + You (Me Plus You)". I can't write it. No matter how hard I try I can't write it at all. It keeps turning into this total TRAINWRECK DX. Mainly cause I need percussion still. That and the fact that, Tae is a K-Pop/Pop/R+B(only for "When You Say You Love Me") artist.

I want Me + You to be a very happy kind of song, in contrast to "When You Say You Love Me", which is loving, yes, but also very slow in a ballad kinda Whiteney Houston/Earth Wind And Fire/Rick James (NOT superfreak-style, his other stuff), kinda song. But I have so much trouble...
so any advice on setting up a basic melody for "Me + You"?
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

I heart Girls Generation! <3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: A bit of musical advice ^_^?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »
 :o that's a lot of info haha.

I'd say what you have is some classic writers block. Do something else and work on other parts of your song and then come back to you + me when you've done some more things. The more you stress about not being able to write the less you'll be able to write. That's at least from my experience haha
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";