Author Topic: Cold nights and Doom on earth  (Read 8200 times)

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
Cold nights and Doom on earth
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:46:25 AM »
(Ok it's been forever since i've basically done anything with the serious rp threads, besides mod if even. So i'm starting one. If your familiar with Doom the game or movie, doesn't matter which this is probably something similar to it. Anywho, anyone can join, this takes place in pretty much current times. maybe a bit farther into the future. Anywho, the story takes place in a city, in a corner with a convenience store. I don't care who really joins, just no magic,,, or at least "VERY" little. ANd there's been alot of weird reports going around suspicions, myths, etc.)

Rhakshi was working late one night in the shop. Unlike the hustle and bustle of the day, the nights were deadly silent, as if the city had been completely abandoned, only the sounds of the alleys echoeing and the sounds of police sirens were ripping through the night. Along with the occasional horrors spreading through the citiy, rumors of mysterious deaths, dissappearances, mutations, and sightings. There was good reason not to keep on the street, at least not at night. Rhakshi was on night shift or on "hell" shift as he liked to call it. He always thought he should quit though, but with rent and how hard a decent job was to get around here, he continued to do his job. Mopping up the floors he stared up at the windows, although the store was light the outside made it seem darker then night. Rhakshi sighed looking at the time, two more hours to go. He wished at least someone would come, but no one ever did, not since the incident from UAC. Rhakshi gave another dejectful sigh and turned on the radio, trying to create some noise to calm his nerves.
The Radio blurted out in half static
 Ãƒâ€šÃ‚        "After a recent attack on Cedar street, more cops have been sent out on night duty, the Citie's council of security is putting a curfew up for all citizens,any citizens walking on the streets after 12:00 will be questioned by authorities., amung these strange attacks are even stranger killings, wounds found on necks, people dying for unkown reasons, or dissappearing-"
Rhakshi quickly turned off the radio, causing him more fear then comfort. Shaking a little he took a soda from the fridge and sat down, doing whatever he could to calm his nerves. He sighed, but only to get jumped by a noise from down the street. Since he was a panther fur, he was able to hear very well. The sound was coming closer and closer, as it started to rain hard on the deathly silent city.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:54:32 AM by Rhakshi »
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bengal Tiger
  • Coloring: Gold and white with black stripes
  • Height: 184 cm
  • Weight: 86 kg
Re: Cold nights and Doom on earth
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 04:14:15 AM »
The door to the store burst open with the clatter of shaking glass, and a distressed looking tiger fur tumbled in.  His fur was sopping wet from the torrential rain outside, and blood and water dripped from his claws.  He clutched his left arm in agony.  A bloody gash was plainly visible through his torn shirt.

The harried tiger’s wide eyes raced around the store, and he panted, “Antibiotics... I need antibiotics... Some of this blood... is mine...”  Receiving no response from the stunned cashier, he made his way through the store and ransacked the medicine aisle.  After medicating and bandaging his wound, he walked back to the front of the store.

“Listen,” he said glancing at the cashier’s nametag, “Rhakshi, do you have a back door out of here?  There are THINGS out there, not human, not animal.  I don’t even know if they are humanOID.  I just met up with one and was able to fight it off.  I don’t know if I killed it or just slowed it down, and I really don’t want to stick around to find out.  So, what about it?”
...and everything under the sun is in tune...

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
  • the snow fox of the north
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: white and gray
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120 lbs
  • Build: In shape
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »
sitting in an alley, i have full view of whats going on. terror, and these monsters. i take out my katana and stroke it. my time will come soon. tramp. thats what they called me. humans don't know anything. i was the head of the snow foxes, until humans came and destroyed us. now im the last one. pitiful. they didn't even leave a thank you card. a running tiger fur snaps me out of my thoughts and into reality. well, might as well check it out anyway. so i get up and walk in through the back.
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:20:58 AM »
(wooh it's alive :p)
the stunned Rhakshi looked up as the tiger ransacked the place and asked for a back door, unsteadily he replied to him
 "oh yes, but it's for emplo-"
  Before Rhakshi could even finish the sentence, another fur came in through the back. Rhakshi quickly took out a shotgun from the bottom of the desk and cocked it.
   "Ok what in the name of fur is going on!"

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:38:02 AM »
The tiger fur held up his one good paw while his injured left arm remained limp.

"Look mister.  I didn't mean any trouble.  Here, I'll pay for the supplies."

He slowly reached into his pocket and threw a wad of crumpled and wet bills on the counter before continuing.

"It seems I may have misjudged this place.  Maybe I would be safer back outside and just let the two of you talk this out."

Despite his words, the tiger fur remained motionless, too stunned to move toward the door.

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 02:52:43 AM »
  Rhakshi took the wad of bills and sighed,
    "Look sorry, i'm just a bit more jumpy these days"
  Rhakshi tilted his head at the stunned tiger pondering what caught his attention. The rain continued to downpour onto the windows and hte occasional lightening would flash, looking outside there was only dark. Rhakshi swore something was out there, walking towards the window he stared out. After a couple long seconds, and complete silence, lightening flashed and a large bulky fleshy creature on all fours with huge jaws was staring back at him. The creature growled and broke through the glass gnashing it's teeth everywhere trying to get a hold of anyone or anything. When it charged it had knocked Rhakshi to the ground.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 03:03:35 AM »
reacting quickly, i pull out my katana and hold it to the creatures throat. "if you have a will to live, step away" the creature remains motionless, but eyes the katana. quckly in a sweeping motion i sever its head
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 03:57:23 AM »
The creature falls back a bit, snarling dripping blood everywhere, but moving it's head back towards the thing that had just caused damage to it. Getting back up it let out a chilling roar , obviously it didn't care too much about pain nor fear. tackling the snow fox to the ground, swiping away her katana,  it bit at her limbs and face trying to get a hold of her throat.

(this is sort of what it looks like btw)

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 05:58:35 AM »
The horrid creature hovered over the snow fox, ready to sink its claws deep into her flesh.  Fortunately, the tiger finally staped out of his stunned state, and his predator instincts kicked in.  He intercepted the beast's attack with a lightning quick pounce, and the two went barreling into an aisle.  They exchanged a flurry of claw strikes until the creature once again crouched menacingly over his target.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 07:56:51 AM »
i grab my katana and pull medical supplies out of my pack. i retreat to a corner and try to heal the wounds. i hold my paw up to the wounds and they both glow with the power of my lost tribe. the wounds heal. i get back up and attempt to drag the creature off of the tiger fur.

(thnx for the visual btw)
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
(no problem)

Rhakshi woke up under a pile of debris, in the other half of the store he heard screams and snarls. Rhakshi grabbed the shotgun lying next to him and ran over to where the beast was. Training his shotgun to the beat's head, it attempted to tackle Rhakshi before he could shoot. In the creature's midjump it was shot through the head and fell to the ground. The creature layed on hte ground, dead, and twitching slightly. Rhakshi breathed heavily, unerved of what just happened.
   "you two alright?"

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 07:56:06 PM »
"I.. I think so. that was close." *i glow with the purest light, the light of Hikari, or the Holy Light. my outfit suddenly changes to the outfit of a skilled ninja* "woah. didn't know that would happen. how about you, tiger fur? you alright?"
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »
"I've been better," the tiger replied.  "Looks like I have a few more wounds that need bandaging up, but I'll live."

The tiger slowly and painfully tried to stagger to his feet.

"What the heck is that glowing thing you're doing anyway?"

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 08:22:54 PM »
" i didn't know if it would ever happen. in my tribe it happened when you change form a child into a hunter or in my case a ninja assassin." *walks over to tiger fur, and does the healing thing with her paw on some of his wounds.* "what's your name?"
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline JFPulse

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »
The tiger nearly recoiled at the sudden display of magic.

"What the...  You're going to have to teach me that trick.  Oh, people call me Pulse.  I DJ at a club downtown.  Look, I appreciate what you're doing, but are you sure it's safe here?  And what about the store manager?  You know he does still have a gun, right?"