The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Money Bind  (Read 370 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Money Bind
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:22:51 AM »
So, in about six months, if my friend Harley and I can find a job to work at, we're gonna be moving out on our own and getting a place together. Mainly because he doesn't have anywhere to live anymore, and my parents just don't really want me around.
However, as of late, my parents have gotten into some major money issues. From bills randomly increasing in price, my mom losing more jobs, and now currently our well drying up... They hardly have enough money to buy groceries, let alone keep up with the other expenses.
As much as I, and they, would like me to just pack up and get out as soon as possible, I still feel like I should put off my plans to leave, and help them pay for some of their troubles. Even though it's not really my problem, the only thing they really pay for me is the Cell Phone bill, I don't want to just move out and then have them lose the house... So, I'm not really sure.
TL:DR;
Should I stay at this house, where I don't want to be and my parents don't want me to be,  but help them get out of this rut.
Or leave with Harley off to the city, start my own life but leave my parents to a huge financial crater.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Money Bind
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:47:47 AM »
the only reason you should stay is if your parents actually want you there, not because you're a source of money. Start your own life.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Money Bind
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
If you do feel bad about leaving them, you could always look for another way to help. See if there are any public places that could give them money support or something like that. I have no clue how it's like where you live but there must be something. Take a trip down town and ask around.

I also support you in trying to make it on your own and start your own life. The very best of luck to you both, should you choose to do it. And don't give up. Think about it this way - if you manage to get your own life going, you could always send your parents money later.