The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ...she won't leave me alone...  (Read 403 times)

Offline Alicia-Korean-Soviet

• The Korean Dragon
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I demand a Korean Caramelldansen. >:U
  • Species: dragon/peacock/leopard hybrid
  • Coloring: Royal blue, silver, sky blue, and green. Mostly peacock colors.
  • Height: 4'5" (on fours) 7'5" (rearing)
  • Weight: 215 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, yet strong.
  • Currently: Glad to be back!!!
...she won't leave me alone...
« on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
Okay, I'm really annoyed right now. So if I sound all huffy-puffy, I'm really sorry.

So I'm friends with a gal named Sasha. She's sweet, funny, and crazy (like me!!). I've known her ever since fourth grade and we love eachother. However, she recently fell in love with some guy at our school (I don't even know the guy), and she sent me a picture of him and asked me what I think. After responding, I decide to turn my phone off and watch some war movies and eat popcorn. A few hours later, I turn on my phone. 57 text messages, all about this guy.

I'm thinking: o.o holy fudge.

When I delete them all, she texts me about ten more of these messages, and I just keep deleting them. About ten minutes later, she calls me screaming and crying, saying that I don't care about her and her relationship.

What should I do? Is she too clingy or something? D:

If you look closely at my 3rd stamp, Churchill has a Kricketot, Roosevelt has a Chimchar, and Stalin has a Happiny. :D

Clearing things up: I'm not living in N. Korea currently. My parents (miraculously) escaped there and came to the US from South Korea. So I'm a miracle-worker I guess. XD I luv my parents. They be awesome.

"And along came Alicia" - my brother

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: ...she won't leave me alone...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:37:30 PM »
Is this her first relationship?

She's probably just excited about having this new guy she's crazy about, and wants to share her excitement with you. To her, right now, she probably sees this guy as amazing and perfect and everything she's ever wanted. It's going to be hard for her to see why you wouldn't see him the same way, and as her good friend, she probably seeks your approval in some way. When a person is overwhelmed with fresh feelings of love, it often can cloud their vision of how others might feel when they let their romantic feelings gush out into everyday conversation all the time.

That being said, it doesn't make it any less annoying when you have to be on the receiving end. Talk to your friend and tell her how happy you are that she's happy, and that you think he seems like a nice guy (though if he doesn't, don't lie). Spend some time letting her vent her happiness to you. Once she says what she needs to say, she's more likely to ease up afterward.

If you do that and she still wants to do nothing but talk about her relationship, be honest with her. Again express that you are very happy for her, but that sometimes you'd like to talk about something else and that it's a bit overwhelming for you. Don't be afraid to redirect conversations in another direction if you need to.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Alicia-Korean-Soviet

• The Korean Dragon
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I demand a Korean Caramelldansen. >:U
  • Species: dragon/peacock/leopard hybrid
  • Coloring: Royal blue, silver, sky blue, and green. Mostly peacock colors.
  • Height: 4'5" (on fours) 7'5" (rearing)
  • Weight: 215 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, yet strong.
  • Currently: Glad to be back!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
Thanks so much. :3

I'll definitely talk to Sasha about her relationship and I'll do the best I can to handle it. ^_^

If you look closely at my 3rd stamp, Churchill has a Kricketot, Roosevelt has a Chimchar, and Stalin has a Happiny. :D

Clearing things up: I'm not living in N. Korea currently. My parents (miraculously) escaped there and came to the US from South Korea. So I'm a miracle-worker I guess. XD I luv my parents. They be awesome.

"And along came Alicia" - my brother

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
she just exicited about the realtion giver her time and she will clam down.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code