The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: acoustic music  (Read 1103 times)

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
acoustic music
« on: October 17, 2011, 01:32:19 AM »
i'm a saxophonist... have been since i was 6. so i have a certain sense of acoustic-ness nurtured into my brain. unfortunately there seems to be nothing but electronic this and amplified that in music nowadays, so i'm just wondering... what kind of purely acoustic music are we all listening to?

rules to the thread; nothing electronic, nothing amplified. the only things aloud here are vibrating strings, reeds, skins or vocal chords.

here be my first contribution; a simply beautiful performance of one of my fav jazz compositions "olivia" by bobo stenson

Bobo Stenson Trio - Olivia [2009]
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
Re: acoustic music
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
I would very much recommend the album <i>Polaroid Piano</i> by Akira Kosemura.  It's a piano ambience album, occasional strings or percussion thrown in, as well as ambient sound.

Akira Kosemura live 100418 / april

I couldn't find the album version on Youtube, but the live version is much clearer than what you'd hear on the album, which is very soft and muted.