The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Frustration, thy name be roommate.  (Read 341 times)

Offline Echoes

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
Frustration, thy name be roommate.
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »
I have roommates. They are not furries, they are ravers.

One is a girl... She's 19 so she gets more leeway from me on maturity but to be honest she's more of an adult than the two guys, cleans her stuff up, throws down money for rent, cooks, and is a total (rhymes-with-witch) to the two others when they get out of line. My logic there is that females are allowed to be a bit nastier to guys because if you hit a girl, you lose no matter what. So far this strategy has worked out quite well, and she kinda does enjoy being mean to them anyway. I enjoy seeing her be mean too. People's behavior has improved when me and her are teaming up to lay down the law. She also is owned by a 1 year old cat that I've known since she fit in the palm of my hand. This roommate is not a serious problem.

One of the males is usually not really a problem, he's just quiet and gone a lot. He'll probably be gone soon because I don't plan on getting internet at home (part of my plan to drive everyone out). He finally paid me something in rent money yesterday at least, but was trying to avoid paying this week so he could pay back other things now.

The other male roommate is so irresponsible I don't know why I don't just taze him sometimes. He trashed our other apartment repeatedly, leaves food encrusted plates on the floor, leaves devices like the TV/PC running while passed out (we had prepaid power), doesn't like bathing or working, does like sleeping and being on facebook all day, plays the same songs over and over (he played out "party rock" before the world was sick of it), monopolized my gaming PC up to 18 hours a day on Second Life (until I locked his user profile out and made him use my spare), tries to volunteer me to be rescue raver to go get people who I met once or twice at a party maybe when I am clearly busy, ruined the fun I was having working as a DJ on Second Life by getting into massive drama with another person at the club, has used my electric razor to shave his face without permission in the past (jokes on him, he didn't know just where I had used the trimmers), ate up all of the food on multiple occasions, leaves big black footprints in the shower instead of cleaning it when he is done using it, infected my spare PC with spyware and a virus, shoplifts, and hasn't paid any money in a year except for a few bucks on the power here and there or buying some food. Occasionally he has had other people get me into a rave free but it doesn't add up to the amount of money in rent/power/food costs.

Obviously this one is the real source of frustration. so far the girl has paid some to rent, guy #1 has, but guy #2 got paid monday, rent is due tomorrow, he knows I am expecting him to throw down and nothing. My BF already wants everyone to get out (to their own places preferably, not the streets) so he can move in (we have been dating for years and plan to leave this state when he finishes his second college degree), and at this point I am losing my ability to care if it goes one way or the other for #2.

Today guy #1 complained to me that the air in the room he shares with guy #2 is "unbreathable" because he smells so bad. XD

IDK, anyone got some good ways to make someone want to leave without having to outright kick them out?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Frustration, thy name be roommate.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »
Take all the junk and trash he leaves in the common area of the apartment/house and dump it on his bed when he's not there. And keep a can of spray deodorant to spray on him every time he walks past you. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »
Have you tried the direct approach yet? Which would be confronting both of your male roommates directly about the things that bother you? Communication is key. Especially direct, and immediate, before it becomes a big blow-out issue.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Echoes

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »
Direct really wasn't working...

We put up a whiteboard showcasing who has paid what towards their goals... Girl is in the lead, and she's been sick. Male #1 has paid just paid short. Male #2 is sitting at $2 and he only put down $2 so the $0 would go away... We made him bathe too... He's gone miswsing the past couple days but is still going on facebook. Whatevs... He doesn't pay up then he can move out.