The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 24XX  (Read 5049 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Re: 24XX
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 12:46:51 AM »
  Katayida decided that now wasn't the best time to approach any of these fellows, unless she wanted to become roast pony, and that wasn't exactly on her list of things to do while in Sanctuary. The first thought was to get away unnoticed, and her unshawed hooves made that extremely easy on the pavement, barely any noise was made from her hooves as she slinked back into the alleyway they had just came out of, quickly disappearing into the shadows. Her first priority now was to find some weaponry that was going to be suitable for this town, because her staff and pocket knife, even though she knew how to use them, were absolutely no good to her against flame throwers and plasma-blasters. Kay was very smart though, and had a few ideas on exactly what to do, but first she needed the resources.

I need to find that mysterious anthro wolf again, Kay thought to herself. I bet he'll know where I can get the supplies I need. She walked quickly in the direction of her encounter with him earlier, but he was nowhere in sight. Damn, now I need a new plan. She walked much further down the road past her motel, and saw a shop that looked even more shady than most of the places in this town. It was dimly lit, and the windows were mostly boarded, but there was a small sign that hung crooked and was chipped that said "Enter" on the front door. "H-hello?" Kay said as she entered the shop.

An anthro bulldog walked out from behind a black curtain, he had thick rolls of skin around his neck, a lit cigarette hung from the corner of his mouth. "Whadaya need?" the bulldog said to her in a very raspy voice, "What kind of shop is this?" Kay asked, and then thought that it was likely a very stupid question to ask. The bulldog snorted, and took a drag of his cigarette flicking the excess ash onto the counter top between them. "It's a flowa store, whadya think it is, lady?" Embarrassed Kay replied, "I'm sorry, I'm just new in town, and I-" The bulldog held his paw up to her shaking it back and forth, and took another long drag of his cigarette, this time snuffing it out on the counter top. "Look lady, I'm an honest dawg, an' I don' like alotta fuss in my store, 'ere, ya see? Just tell me what yer lookin' for an' I'll see if I's can help ya out or not. Capish?"

The corners of Kays lips frowned a bit, but in a very serious tone she told the dog what she wanted. "I'm looking for a set of tools- preferably, something that can cut hardwood and metal, perhaps a laser of some sort, a mailable metal sheet, a durable metal sheet, and all the standard tools..." The dog didn't break eye contact with her while she was talking, and crossed his arms leaning back on one of his legs to shift his weight to his back hip. "I'll also need coil wire, small wing-nuts, and some screws. Also, if you have a battery with some jumper cables laying around, I'll take that too." The bulldog snorted again, like he had too much phlegm to handle, and Kay made a face. "Show me who you is fiest. Take off yer hood," the bulldog asked. Kay took her hood off and removed her headband allowing her ears to pop back up which was very relieving. "Whatcha bizness wit all dat stuff anyways?" He asked curiously. "Just some repairs I need to make." He raised his chin up knowing she wasn't going to give him any more information. "Fallow me." He lead her into the back of the store, behind the black curtain, and turned the lights on in a room full of equipment. "Dis stuff ain't exactly top of the line, but it'll getcha through. Name's Vinny, but yous ain't know dat, or I'll have onea mah boys off ya." He winked at her, and took out another cigarette, lighting it. Kay's eyes lit up as she saw all of the things she'd asked for in piles around the back room. None of it was organized, but she could get what she needed, and then some.

After getting what she needed from Vinny, she thanked, and paid him, "anytime miss. 'ere's mah card. Keep it close if yous eva in a bind." Everything she purchased was in a large brown leather duffel bag that she slung over her shoulders and onto her back. It was time to get back to her motel room, and start the alterations she needed to make.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »
Meredith smiled, grabbing the bounty by the scruff of his neck.
  "Your going to listen, and your going to listen real good. You don't you die, simple?" Not waiting for a reply Meredith continued.  "You run, I shoot, you move without warning, I shoot, you go to scratch something, I shoot. The moral, I shoot. Now, your worth less dead, and plus I'll have to carry you, so over all I don't want you dead. All I want to do is, turn you in, get my loot, and we can be on our merry way. Now you look smart, so I'm sure you will get out, if not, sucks. But if you do, I'll take you out for a drink, of course with the money you get me, and maybe I'll have an offer for a quick scheme I need." By the time Meredith was fished, they arrived at a small guard post, "Don't do anything stupid till I have my money and am gone, or else they might take it back, in which case, I might have to you know, shoot. Any questions be fore I drop you off?"
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
The android considered the fox's words, and glanced around before stepping towards him. "As much as I would want to spend some time learning the extent of my power, I agree that you have a more logical proposition and would like to go somewhere less... crowded."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Grayish black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Sarcastic . . .
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »
Boone wasn't too sure about the android, nor the fox who didn't seem to do anything during the encounter. But he didn't care too much. His "job" was to find some new recruits, and maybe after he did that he could start doing some actual work. "Common then, follow me." he told the android and the anthro. He took another look at the address he was given, and headed off.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »
Flames slowly and silently let the charge die in his MK-II. Charging would normally create an odd whining sound and the discharge would also be rather noticable, but reducing the speed of the charge allowed for a more stealthy surprise attack if the situation called for it. However, all did appear to be under control with no sudden movements from the bodies on the floor and thus he needed to drain the charge as even his modified MK-II couldn't sustain such concentrated energies for too long without sustaining major damage. The obvious method would be to simply fire the weapon, but that would attract further attention and possibly cause the anthro and android to attack him.
Instead the charge was slowly allowed to drain away as silently as it had been built, although at a much slower rate, creating some slight excess heat beneath his cloak. He tried not to let any discomfort show as he followed the other anthro. He wouldn't be able to use his blaster safely until the charge had completely drained again and the weapon had re-stabilised, which was a major drawback to the otherwise powerful modification.

Flames could only hope that the android would be more preoccupied with following the one who had announced himself as "Boone" and wouldn't notice or question the heat draining from the blaster hidden beneath his cloak. Sure he could explain it and he had legitimate reasons but these people had no reason to trust him, especially as he hadn't done anything to aid them in that short skirmish.
Sure, he'd been prepared in case these couldn't handle it on their own but in such narrow and tight spaces he'd only have made fighting more difficult and gotten in the way. His best use to them then had been to watch their backs and ensure that they weren't about to fall into some trap when occupied. Flames doubted anyone would see things his way.

All the same, this was his only lead on any resistance movement that existed and he'd rather not turn potential allies into foes.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
Chronin slowed his pace so that he was walking alongside the cloaked anthro. "My sensors are not limited to the same five as you anthros and humans." The volume of his speech was only loud enough to be heard by Flames, as he was not physically capable of whispering like some more "advanced" models. "You have a source of energy underneath your cloak that had built-up before my attack, and it has been draining away ever since we started walking. Of course, the energy is only detectable within ten meters of you, but the output on that charge is likely to draw the attention of most androids."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
Flames glanced around to make sure nobody was listening and that Boone was still ahead of them enough to avoid overhearing his whispered response: "Understood. The current situation means that I'm a potential liability to our escape and attempts to keep a low profile for a while. There's nothing I can do about the charge dissipation for now...but if it does attract unwanted attention, I want you two to go ahead without me."

He paused a moment to adjust his cloak once more before continuing to walk alongside the android. "If I stay with you we'll be easier to trace and you'll probably have a harder time to avoid attention should anyone become...interested...in us. Under this scenario I'd understand if you'd rather have me leave now and avoid getting you spotted. In either case, I'll attempt to regroup once I've lost attention and safely drained the charge."
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 12:53:38 AM »
Chronin's voice changed pitch, almost taking on a mirthful tone. "I am not wearing any form of covering beyond the armor I was built with, and I am taller than you both. Your energy pistol is the least of my concerns when it comes to 'blending in'. You could fire that round into the air, and the first thing their eyes will settle on will be me."

Offline Boone Zofox

• A Custom Title
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avi from Kaprika
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Grayish black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Sarcastic . . .
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 05:35:26 PM »
Boone ignored the fact that the other two seemed to be trying to talk behind his back. He didn't really care what they had to say, or what their motives for following him was. He just hoped that once they were recruited, he would be promoted to a higher position, where he could actually start what he had come here to do.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
Flames tried not to let his embarrassment show on his face. "Ah, you are correct. Very true..."
He turned his head slightly to cough a few times before addressing the android again: "Would I be correct in assuming that you have some sort of course of action? Somehow you don't strike me as the type to start up conversation about how I stand out like a sore thumb to sensors and you're effectively a massive attention-magnet..."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 03:15:03 AM »
Chronin was silent, then an odd laugh came out of his voice box. "You would be incorrect. I had just awoken only half an hour ago... much has obviously changed, and the factions that had commissioned my creation, have yet to be seen."

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »
As Meredith counted her earnings to make sure everything was there, she noticed how much time she had wasted.
  "They should gather soon.." she thought to her self as she left to go find who she was looking for.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2011, 04:37:45 AM »
Kay had been working tirelessly on her staff to modify it into a useable weapon for this city. In Vinny's shop she had found a few schematics on the inner workings of an MK-II left over from the repair wards of the last war, and an actual, but completely broken, MK-II plasma blaster. She had seen them in action before and knew how much of a reaction they needed to charge up and then to fire, but wanted to fix the broken one and keep it as more of a back up than her first line of defense. The first line she had was going to be her staff.

She used the laser cutting tool to cut a clean chunk from the top side of her staff, and then a clean slice all the way through to the bottom, but only boring halfway through, making circular slices and sealing the wood with a paste so it wouldn't crack. Then she took the maliable metal and covered the inside of the portion of the staff she cut out to make it able to withstand the heat of the coils and the charge. Screwing the metal into place, she then took the thicker coils and two reactors with fine copper wire and placed them on the ends of each coil to the reaction chamber where the plasma would build before being able to be used. Checking over the schematics once more she knew she was doing it right, and was pretty proud of herself, but owed it all to the family that raised her.

She fused the coils and the copper wire together, taking two bolts and fastening them down tighter into the staff. She bored out a hole through the top of her staff where the plasma would be shot from and coated that with the goo, and maliable metal as well. Securing gagues on the top outside of her staff to check the pressure and the current, the next thing she did was take the jumper cables and the old battery, and hooked them on to the bolts connected to the wire, connected to the coils. She could hear a buzzing, so she knew it was getting a charge and watched the charge gague go up to the halfway mark, before she unhooked it, and let it go back down. That was only a test to see if what she was doing was working. So far, it was. She then cut a piece of the durable metal and placed it on the outside top of her staff, covering the entire thing for ultimate durability, and bolted it closed using the wing-nuts to fasten it down tightly. She cut an opening over the part where the coils were again to make a hinged door, and another hole where she would attach a button that would act as a trigger would on a normal MK-II. At the middle of her staff she still had the halfway bored line and cut another section out for the plasma container that she carefully removed from the broken MK-II and took the knobs from it as well to attach the canister inside of her staff.

Several hours later she had managed to create a staff that looked like a normal walking staff, except now it had a metal casing around the top, a hinged door, a few gagues, and two buttons. The firing button, and the charge button as she decided to toss the idea of fixing the old MK-II, and just use it's parts instead. Looking at her watch she noticed that it was getting close to the time that she was supposed to go to the address on the paper that the mystery wolf gave her. She grabbed her staff and her pocket knife, throwing on her headband to flatten her ears, and putting her hooded jacket back on. Leaving her hotel room she headed in the direction of the address on the crinkled sheet of paper.

I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter