The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fed up. Advice please.  (Read 377 times)

Offline ^Geist^

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Fed up. Advice please.
« on: July 20, 2011, 03:00:00 AM »
I am fed up and sick of my dads shit. Warn me for profanity whatever i dont really care right now but i need to get this off my chest. My dad i have little to none of a relation. He has hit me several times over school grades among other things. During the most recent one of the events i called the police on him. The only reason he is still with me and my mom and my sister is because i decided to see if he would change. I feel like an idiot for not getting rid of him as everytime he has done this he has said the same thing and he never has. Ever since the last incident though he has never laid a finger on me and he expects me to act completely normal around him as if nothing has happened. I always try to avoid him even in my own house because i even feel uncomfortable being nearby him. Just now he began to act up again and gladly he didnt hit me.

We're going to the pool and he asks me to pack my stuff. So I head on upstairs to get my trunks and toss it in my bag. My towel is in the downstairs bathroom were is the same floor im headed to anyways and i can grab it before we leave. So while waiting for him i continue playing my friends copy of mass effect 2. hes ready and begins calling for me. I play till i get to the next checkpoint so i can save. He begins to freak out what is taking me so long and all my stuff gets done(saving,signing out,turning off everything). I start walking towards the bathroom  to get my towel then this is when he really begins to freak out. He begins to shout at me why I am not ready and I simply reply calmly that it takes 2 seconds to grab it and he begins accuse me of being lazy.  He starts yelling profanities that i waste too much time on my xbox during the day. (keep in mind i do not have summer school and i mostly spend my days reading books and i had only been playing for about 2 hours that day and was the 1st time i had played it this week) I ask him then what does he want me to do and he stares at me blankly for about a minute. He then proceeds to shove past me and throws my xbox With my friends game inside of it. He continues to smash it telling me i am disrespectful and that there is something wrong with me and he continues to say this for about 5 minutes. Me finally fed up with him I tell him to send me to an asylum if he really thinks i have a problem. This really sets him off as he is not used to me responding to his idiocy. He then proceeds to threaten to call the police on me that they will take me away. I then challenge him to do it and i tell him i would gladly allow the authorities to take me away and then he begins to smash my laptop. I begin to tell him he can smash all the electronic devices i own and i would not care as i did not pay for them anyways. Still in his blind rage he continues to yell at me that i am disrespectful and that I will see who really suffers. This is when he leaves the house.

I am sick and tired of him and i honestly want to leave my family. My mom is perfectly fine and she is the only one who i would really call a parent but i would feel terrible leaving her. I feel i always put her in the middle and that its always my fault. And I know if i left my mom would get a divorce leaving her with my 4 year old sister.I feel like i am the reason everything screws up. I honestly think leaving would be for the best but i honestly have nowhere to go. I have no idea what to do but i know i do not want to be anywhere near him anymore.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:11:58 AM by ^Geist^ »

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: Fed up. Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »
your dad has an anger problem, especially if he lost like that it over not being ready. you could call child services or the police and say that you are afraid of what he'll do to your mother and sister. take pictures if you can and get him help. your father is the one who has the problem, not your mom your sister or you.