The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Reiki Healing  (Read 1528 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Reiki Healing
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Does anyone know how to go about doing this?
I would like to learn more about reiki healing, but whenever I look it up, it comes up with these seedy looking "online classes for easy payments of $xxx"

Offline Kin Kitsune

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • >:3
    • Awards
Re: Reiki Healing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
Chances are you're going to need a class sooner or later. Just be sure to pick a reputable one, whether it's online or off. The classes allow someone experienced to give you practical, guided aid in learning, and to help you develop your own energy to better work with Reiki. Trying to teach yourself anything beyond basic Reiki from books and articles is like trying to teach yourself martial arts from books and articles; you might succeed, but you also might never know where you're erring and pick up a lot of bad habits along the way.

You can probably snag e-books for free and learn the history, some basics, etc, if you're not opposed to such an idea.

EDIT: If you're into spiritual/energy healing in general, Qigong(<--link) is also nice. There's a lot more content available for it, too, including videos.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:58:56 PM by Kin Kitsune »

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
I can get you some insider information...maybe. I'll have to ask my aunt, see how she would teach it. She's very good. XD She's done it to me before.

But yes, I highly reccomend what the person above me said....learn the basics, the history. And get a class from someone who actually does it so you can have a personal relationship with your teacher. I'd offer one of my aunt's classes...but I don't think having a stranger on the internet e-mail her would make her happy. X3

x

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
I've always been told that I have incredibly warm soft hands, but I've never met anyone that does healing to confirm anything.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:15:27 PM »
@ Kin - True, true. But that's where the problem is, I'm not yet out on my own, and my parents dissaprove of "that kinda stuff" Ah well... I'll wait until I'm out to college and can get a formal one. :)

@ Katie - I'm not a stranger! :D Could you ask her for me please? If she could, I'd like her to do the attainment process. Well, I'll be reading up on them both, so I can at least get down the basics.

Thanks for the answers! :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:26:20 PM by EbonyWolf »