The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vocal Training  (Read 975 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Vocal Training
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
Alright so I thought I might as well ask for help here.

I got a part in this play, and my character has like an overload of high notes, and it isn't that I can't hit them it just takes a while. I have no "traditional" training, so I was wondering if any one has any warmups or pratices etc.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
Re: Vocal Training
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »
Look around you-tube. theres a good few of them about. also I found that alternating between the highest and lowest notes  I can make helps to warm my voice up

also

have you heard of the counting method?

1, 121, 12321, 1234321, 123454321, 1 - Repeat getting higher with each note successively, rising to the next octave on the last number 1 repeat until you reach your limit.

Also squeeze your cheeks so you make a 'brrbrbrbbrbrbrbbrb' sound (lol it's hard to describe I hope you get what I mean) and going through the scales like that. push to get higher notes.

hope that helps

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.