The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Prejudice and hyprocrisy  (Read 7841 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: Prejudice and hyprocrisy
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
You are ALL human, you are all of the species "homo sapiens" and as much as you may wish to be an animal, you cannot.

I think that sentence right there could be deemed as offensive to therians and other people of such ilk. It may be the truth for some people. But others may not believe so, and I think that it was very insensitive to say such a thing, especially on the premise of being open and fair.

I can understand that you may have been a bit angry but I feel that in future you should think twice before posting something like this.

I do not mean to rant, but I thought you should know that this may be viewed as offensive to some members of the community.

As tweak pointed out he said biologically your a human, regardless of what your soul is believed to be, your a human on the out side, point blank.
The advice you gave tweak could as be used for your self, there could of been less hostile words used in your "rant" that would of still gave the same point. Such as very, it wasn't technically needed.

On the other point with being open and fair, you can't please every one when people wish to rant, but you can ask others to stop there ranting when it comes to bashing. Yea, they been asked to stop  bashing, maybe you feels as if it took away your rights, but then In that case, what if some wished to bash on therians its the same concept no?

For example if I said, 'Oh, I hate being white, I wish I wasn't' I don't see how that's offensive to other white people.

In this case, you give no reason to as why you hate being white, and so it is left the the reader to assume that you hate being white just because in general they suck and ect. Being general and grouping a whole group of people together can easily being taken as offensive, like saying "humans are stupid and pathetic" it is left open and left to "attack" all human. Now if you were to say "most humans are stupid and pathetic" yes it is still some what a bash and is grouping a lot together, but at least you still leave room for the exceptions. Now I'm not saying that any form of grouping is OK, but it is at least less derogative and hopefully more open minded (at least in the readers eye) and isn't as much of an attack on everyone. I hope that clears things up just a tad.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 11:43:27 PM »
Dude, it's been sorted. :)

Besides, I was only pointing out it would be offensive to people who felt that way. I personally wasn't particularly offended by what he said. Just it felt to me that he wasn't letting anybody say they disliked being human.

but as I said. it's been sorted via PM :)

and yeah I admitted that I got a little aggressive, though it was not my intention and I apologised to tweak for that personally. I also agree with your point on grouping. But it's all done and dusted now.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Wasn't trying to seem hostile, nor be a "know it all". I thought I just express my thought's, regardless that is good to hear.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<