The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How do I break up with someone who loves me the world over?  (Read 440 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
How do I break up with someone who loves me the world over?
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
Ok so I am currently going out with this person. Both that person and I agreed to a casual relationship because right now Im not looking for anything commited.
But now things have changed and that person has become unbearably clingy. Every time I log into facebook that person is there waiting for me even if we have just talked 5 minutes ago. If I don't get on facebook at all they freak out and get depressed/suicidal. I don't really want to be with this person anymore because I feel like I'm suffocating. This person loves me so much but I don't feel the same way.
All of their friends want us to be together and if I try to break it off they'll get mad at me. Either way I lose!
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: How do I break up with someone who loves me the world over?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »
you and this person agreed to a casual relationship. They advanced this without consulting you into a "serious" relationship. I assume youre not ready for a serious relationship still, so its either casual or non-existant. The friends' opinion doesn't matter, its not their relationship, its yours and his/hers. I'm sorry, but theres no easy way out of this.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
My friends told me to be breif and keep it simple. Get straight to the point and just end it. Don't say too much but dont make it seem abrupt either.

You partner's friends' opinions shouldn't have anything to do with your life or choices. If you're not happy, find a way to make yourself happy. Right now, you're not thinking about what you want. You're think about what others want. I know you're partner will be upset, a bit confused, and probably hate you for it but they'll get over it. If they get mad at you so what? It's none of their business. Do what you have to do.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:17 PM »
Like both spike and Macid have said, there is no real easy way out of this. If you still wanna try and make it work then best thing you can do is just sit and talk with her/him about how you feel, both of you should try and come to an understanding, but if they dont agree with your choice, then calmly say that you dont think its working out, and that you feel it best that you to have a break so you can both have some time with friends and just take your mind off of things, just try and take it easy, try not to put to much pressure on yourself and them.

Since if you to put distance between yourself, and try to get to know each other better, you may find out that there are feelings you both have, and when you have space for awhile it makes things easier as you can relax and do what you like to to help. If you ever wanna talk more feel free to PM me or add my MSN, Im more then willing to try and help, I have been in this situation before, so I can tell you what i did, even if it wont be the same for you, it may help.
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
Well, you fell suffocated, not that you don't want to be with the person. Just say that you want to have same space, and maybe sometime alone, if they don't want to comply then just do what you have to do.

Jumping stright to a break up isn't always the best, but neither is you being in a relationship you don't want.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 03:50:09 PM »
My friends told me to be breif and keep it simple. Get straight to the point and just end it. Don't say too much but dont make it seem abrupt either.

You partner's friends' opinions shouldn't have anything to do with your life or choices. If you're not happy, find a way to make yourself happy. Right now, you're not thinking about what you want. You're think about what others want. I know you're partner will be upset, a bit confused, and probably hate you for it but they'll get over it. If they get mad at you so what? It's none of their business. Do what you have to do.

Perfect answer.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode