The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Statistics  (Read 24102 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: Statistics
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
We do have images to. However, it's the PHP files which use most of the bandwidth and it'll be the sheer amount of visits we get. It may decrease a little due to the new caching methods.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »
The statistics I'm giving here make use of the server logs and Google Analytics to show trends and information of all visitors to the forum.

Note: All statistics are correct as of 1st October, 12:13 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 13 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 98.6% uptime. This means that per visit each user downloads 750 KB of data through an average of 2.6 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 14 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 6th (over 700 MB) and the quietest was the 24th (over 185 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Tuesday and Thursday with the quietest being Saturday. Most visits occur around 2am GMT (8pm Central) with the least at 9am GMT (3am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK. We've also had visitors from the Canada, Australia, Norway, Germany, China, Russia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, France, Hungary, the Netherlands, Poland,  Latvia, South Korea, Italy, the Philippines, Israel, Romania, Brazil, Thailand and Hong Kong.

The top 25 users shows WingedZephyr having used the most bandwidth this month closely followed by Macid with Kyriin at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 500 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 3.5 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 2.4 GB.

Most visits last between 0 and 30 seconds (probably bots) with the next largest visit being over an hour! The average overall is about 17 minutes.

66% of users use Windows with 39% using 7 followed by 13% using X.P and then Vista with 11%. Mac accounts for 16% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 5% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, Redhat, Gentoo, Fedora and CentOS are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 40% usage with the latest 7.0(.1), 6, 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5 and even some from 3.0 as well as the beta versions 8 and 9. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 18% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

94% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 5% come from Search engines. Another 1% are linked from various sites.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
When it comes to browsers Firefox has 40% usage with the latest 7.0(.1), 6, 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5 and even some from 3.0 as well as the beta versions 8 and 9.
Not the Firefox 10 nightly? :o
This needs to be fixed! *fixes*
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »
This is so interesting.  :o

I was reading the beginning of the thread (not realizing it) and was reading September 2010's stats, and saw that there were some hits from Netscape, and my thought was "People still use Netscape?!?" Then I realized it was a year ago, doh!  XP

Also, question, what's a spider?
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »
Some interesting information, as always.
I was always confused how each month I saw that there were netscape users but I finally got around to looking it up and found out that it had stayed in development a lot longer than I thought it had. (posting this via netscape 9 for sake of irony)

Seems like the FF is accessed from some pretty varied locations around the world...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
Also, question, what's a spider?

An automated "robot" which browsers web sites for some reason. In the case of search engine spiders it indexes the pages and allows them to show up on search pages.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »
Oh, neat. It's totally cool to think how much the internet has developed over the past decade or so.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
The statistics I'm giving here make use of the server logs and Google Analytics to show trends and information of all visitors to the forum.

Note: All statistics are correct as of 1st November, 12:14 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 13 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 99.85% uptime. This means that per visit each user downloads 650 KB of data through an average of 2.4 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 25 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 4th (over 650 MB) and the quietest was the 23rd (over 250 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Tuesday and Wednesday with the quietest being Friday. Most visits occur around 3am GMT (9pm Central) with the least at 10am GMT (4am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by Canada. We've also had visitors from the UK, Sweden, Norway, China, Russia, Germany, Australia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, the Netherlands, Hungary, France, Poland, Gibraltar, New Zealand, South Korea, Denmark, Latvia, Belgium, Brazil, Austria and Hong Kong.

The top 25 users shows Macid having used the most bandwidth this month closely followed by Kaya_0223 with Chris Lively at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 400 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 5 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 10 GB.

Most visits last between 0 and 30 seconds (probably bots) with the next largest visit being over an hour! The average overall is about 17 minutes.

73% of users use Windows with 45% using 7 followed by 15% using X.P and then Vista with 9%. Mac accounts for 17% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 3% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, Redhat and Fedora are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 38% usage with the latest 7, 6, 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5 and even some from 3.0 as well as the beta versions 8, 9 and 10. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 23% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

86% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 11% come from Search engines. Another 2% are linked from various sites.

The drop in bandwidth usage is not necessarily a bad thing, these shows that our caching systems are working correctly!

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »
Woah! This is really interesting to see! I have to say I did not expect to see how scattered the visitors to the site are!
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 04:43:19 AM »
Canada is the second buisiest country because of me 8) ... Joking here XD
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »

Note: All statistics are correct as of 1st December, 12:09 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 14 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 98.06% uptime due to some overload problems that should now be rectified. This means that per visit each user downloads 690 KB of data through an average of 2.6 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 28 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 1st (over 760 MB) and the quietest was the 25th (over 310 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Monday and Tuesday with the quietest being Thursiday. Most visits occur around 3am GMT (9pm Central) with the least at 12pm GMT (6am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK. We've also had visitors from Canada, Russia, Norway, China, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Australia, Ukraine, Hungary, the Netherlands, Faroe Islands, France, Czech Republic, Brazil, South Korea, Denmark, Thailand, Japan, Latvia, Turkey and New Zealand.

The top 25 users shows WingedZephyr having used the most bandwidth this month closely followed by Vee Smith / Shinzuu Katame with Nic at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 700 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 0.25 GB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 8 GB.

75% of users use Windows with 44% using 7 followed by 18% using X.P and then Vista with 10%. Mac accounts for 15% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 5% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, Gentoo, Fedora, Debian and CentOS are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 38% usage with the latest 8, 6, 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5 and even some from 3.0 as well as the beta versions 9 and 10. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 26% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

87% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 10% come from Search engines. Another 3% are linked from various sites.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »
Woohoo for second!
I wondered if I'd ever be on this. Haha.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »

Note: All statistics are correct as of 1st January, 12:12 GMT.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 13 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 99.9% uptime. This means that per visit each user downloads 617 KB of data through an average of 2.7 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 28 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 29th (over 688 MB) and the quietest was the 15th (over 240 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Monday and Saturday with the quietest being Friday. Most visits occur around 4am GMT (10pm Central) with the least at 12pm GMT (6am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by the UK. We've also had visitors from Canada, China, Russia, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Poland, Belgium, France, Argentina, Czech Republic, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Finland, Hong Kong, Latvia, and Puerto Rico.

The top 25 users shows Otebon having used the most bandwidth this month closely followed by Kayato with Boone Zofox at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 500 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 300 MB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 4 GB.

82% of users use Windows with 47% using 7 followed by 20% using X.P and then Vista with 9%. Mac accounts for 10% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 3% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, Mandriva, Gentoo and Fedora are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 37% usage with the latest 9, 8, 6, 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5 and even some from 3.0 as well as the beta versions 9, 10, 11 and 12. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 20% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

88% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 10% come from Search engines. Another 2% are linked from various sites.

Happy New Year!

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2012, 04:45:17 AM »

Note: All statistics are correct as of 16th February, 12:16 GMT.

Apologies for the delay in posting this statistics, I was very ill.

Last month the forums transferred nearly 17 GIGABYTES of data and has so far experienced 99.47% uptime. This means that per visit each user downloads 844 KB of data through an average of 2.7 visits per visitor. This doesn't include nearly 16 GB of bandwidth from bots etc.

The busiest day this month was the 3rd (over 941 MB) and the quietest was the 14th (over 394 MB). Interestingly the busiest days of the week are Tuesday and Wednesday with the quietest being Saturday. Most visits occur around 3am GMT (9pm Central) with the least at 12pm GMT (6am Central).

According to the statistics the busiest country is the USA followed by Canada. We've also had visitors from the UK, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Germany, Sweden, Australia, China, Faroe Islands, Belgium, Japan, Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, New Zealand, Austria, Czech Republic, Argentina, France, Brazil, South Korea, Israel, and Hong Kong.

The top 25 users shows Viola Longshield having used the most bandwidth this month closely followed by the sad guy with Leiton at the bottom of the top 25 - a difference of over 700 MB of data.

When it comes to various robots and spiders MSNBot has used nearly 1.5 MB of bandwidth in its indexing and Googlebot has used 2 GB.

79% of users use Windows with 54% using 7 followed by 14% using X.P and then Vista with 7%. Mac accounts for 8% of visits with all visitors using OS X. Linux is at 8% with the majority using Android although Ubuntu, Gentoo, CentOS and Fedora are shown too. Other operating systems include the PS3, Wii, Blackberry and Symbian.

When it comes to browsers Firefox has 32% usage with the latest 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 and 3.6 being used, hits come from 3.5 and even some from 3.0 as well as the beta versions 11 and 12. IE users mostly use version 8 with some hits from 9, 7 and 6. Netscape has a small amount of users. Google Chrome has 32% of visitors using it. Safari, Opera, Mozilla, iPhone and Android are also used.

87% of users have the site bookmarked or browse directly whereas 10% come from Search engines. Another 2% are linked from various sites.