The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Keepin' it Zen  (Read 835 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Keepin' it Zen
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 11:36:33 PM »
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. When I'm angry I prefer to be alone, But when I'm at school the more I try to be cool and be left alone PEOPLE ANNOY ME EVEN MORE!!

Many days I will be in biology class, trying to stay "zen" or whatever... I wanna just go through the school day calmly and without trouble... but unfortunately my teacher placed me at a desk right beside an energetic girl who would NEVER. SHUT. THE HECK. UP. And this girl thought she was friends with everyone. So she talked to me about random things I don't give a crap about, I replied as calmly as I can, and then politely asked her to be quieter because I am not in the mood to talk. Oh, guess what happens then?
"OMG WHY ARE YOU SO QUIET AND STUFF ARE YOU SAD WHAT'S WRONG ARE YOU EMO BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"
And there I would nearly lose my cool, and at one point I shouted at her to shut up.

When I'm at school there's nothing I can do to stay calm, because when I try to everyone starts bothering me twice as much, and I feel like I'm going to explode with rage by the time the day is over!
But once I'm on the bus it can either be worse or it can help me calm down. There are even more loud annoying kids on there, but as long as they aren't loud enough to break through the sound of my iPod I can feel much better.

Although it may sound weird, heavy metal helps me get more calm. Most people (at least people who don't like it) say it makes them want to kick a puppy or something, but for me it lets me escape reality for a little bit. I almost feel like crying when I find out my iPod's battery is dead, because I have to go through an extra 45 minutes with idiots.
When at home I just turn up the music and draw or write. Even just being home while no one is there makes me feel much less stressed. I'd even take a walk down to the creek if I didn't have to cross an intersection to get there.

Thank dogs it's summer vacation, but I'm going to go through the same annoyances at school again in a couple months...

Edit: Wow, my heart rate went up a bit while writing about my experience.  :o
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:38:43 PM by Lita Julgaupe »

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »
But even with it being summer, people still find the energy and time to bother you.
Mostly younger siblings. But its much easier not having to deal with the idiots at school. :)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 11:52:57 PM »
I don't do much during the summer, and I don't have any siblings living with me. I usually lock myself in my room all summer. Heheh...

I'd never be bothered by my little brother if he lived here. I wish he could move back and stay with me... ;_;
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:32:12 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »
I like to think I'm good at controlling my anger. I bottle it all up for weeks, months or even years on end and bit by bit lash out on inanimate objects. >.>

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »
I like to think I'm good at controlling my anger. I bottle it all up for weeks, months or even years on end and bit by bit lash out on inanimate objects. >.>

That reminds me of another thing I'd do: Bite things, like pencils and things like that. When I get angry at a Gameboy Advance game I bite down on my GBA SP. You should see all the bite marks on it. XD
But I try to keep myself from doing that to my DS. I still end up biting it once in a while...

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 02:06:10 AM »
I used to bite myself when I was angry, in the summer my arms way to sweaty though.
Now due to the fact that I understand how bad self inflicting pain is to people I try not to do it, although I'm too much of a germaphobe to bite objects without washing them or something  :P

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 02:31:20 AM »
Yea! I bite things. But its not because I'm angry. Its mostly because I need something to chew. :P