The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Zenith Project  (Read 15145 times)

Offline Istauri

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mau?
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Orange & Black
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 72kg
  • Build: Svelte
Re: Zenith Project
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »
Istauri climbed into the tank and sat next to Schizm

"Ready!".

Offline Moddex

• Avid Aardvark
    • P1-07 :: Zenith Project
    • Awards
  • Species: Zeilodian Animas (Red Fox)
  • Coloring: Typical red fox coloration
  • Height: 91.1 cm
  • Weight: 74.5 kg
  • Build: Svelt; light, yet muscle toned structure
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2007, 12:40:55 AM »
Moddex and the group pulled out of the garage into the open, desolate streets of Serenity. The flames of the earlier incidents they cause where sill smoldering in the nearby distances, signified by the plooms of smoke rising from the points of conflict. Moddex gave a whistle and signaled forward. and sped off in the direction, followed by the others.

As they suspected however, the districts were being defended by police units. On their vehicles, this would be easy. Moddex skidded to a halt, his bike turned half to the side as he drew one of the handguns Scizm gave him and began firing at their flankers who were surprised by the suddent attack and appearanceof Moddex and the others.
IMVU Name: Guest_Moddex

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2007, 08:09:50 PM »
Jericho hops onto one of the bikes and starts it up, the little creature on his shoulder crawling back under his shoulderpad as he flicks the blade out of it's catch and draws it, pulling the stand free from the ground and speeding off for the others. He zips past Moddex and heads straight for the line of officers. Taking a swipe and felling some, he takes a sharp, skidding turn and comes back to make another swipe, a couple bullets starting to fly past his head.
Let's go to Taco Bell! I'll take three ranchero chicken soft tacos with ranchero sauce, fire sauce, sour cream, no avacado, a mountain dew, and a side order of nachos ^-^

Offline SchizmWolf

• Dancing Dragon
  • -is out of cryostasis-
    • Awards
  • Species: Timberwolf
  • Coloring: Grey and brown, some white
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 196 lbs
  • Build: Broad-shouldered, solid
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
Schizm had tailed Moddex all the way to the line of officers.  The tank was abnormally fast for what it was, but he'd still needed to make guesses on a couple of turns.  Luckily he'd found the spot.

He peered out the window to where Moddex and Jericho were felling Enforcers left and right, and the police, still confused about this new development, only fired a few potshots.  Some got uncomfortably close, though.  However, none of the shots were aimed at the tank.  Schizm thought that the police squad saw him as backup, which was affirmed as one officer began waving and shouting frantically at him, pointing to the two in the field.

Schizm drew out one of his sidearms, a modified handheld pulse cannon he'd salvaged years ago before they were outlawed, and pointed it out the slot that served for his peephole.  The Enforcer only had time enough to let his jaw drop before his arm was taken off at the elbow, leaving nothing but a charred stump.

At the moment the policemen were paying more attention to Moddex and Jericho, both of them dodging easily.  It still presented danger though.  One good hit with those large-calibur handguns and they wouldn't have time to repair their wounds before dying. Watching carefully as more eyes turned toward the tank, he motioned to Istauri. "Bring up your guard as best you can.  I need a little time to get this thing targeted."  He brought the turret swinging around to face the opposition and shouted to his comrades. "Get off the field!  Unless you want to go down with them, get in the cargo hold quick!"  He dropped the hatch for the cargo hold and prepared to fire.
The Wolf

-PS- Always looking for new furry friends.  Give me an e-mail at [email protected]  -Thx!

Offline Istauri

• Boisterous Bear
  • Mau?
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »
Istauri concentrated. The air around his hands shimmered, nothing happened.

"Damn it."

He tried again gradually building the power in his gauntlets. It didn't work, the excess energy just drained away.
In a burst of anger and frustration he rapidly surged a large amount of energy into the gaunlets.  What looked like a heat haze formed around the tank

"Done"

Istauri spluttered, face contorted with concentration. Thankfully the bikes had been close enough and were inside the field

Offline SchizmWolf

• Dancing Dragon
  • -is out of cryostasis-
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:19 PM »
Thanking Istauri quickly, Schizm leveled the turret at the squad ahead, who were pelting the field in vain.  He aimed to the center of the mass of milling Enforcers,who were too busy trying to avoid their fellow's shots by laying on the ground, presumably out of harm's way, to notice the newest threat.  Excellent.

Schizm tensed as his finger depressed the button that would launch the shell.  There was inevitably going to be a huge concussion as the improved projectile threw clear of the explosion anything that it didn't vaporize. As the recoil rocked the tank, he prayed that he hadn't underestimated the strength of the beast Jani had created.

The shell sailed through the air, the sound of the cannon drawing everything to a halt for the split second before impact.  And then a huge flash blotted out everything.  Nothing could survive that.  Schizm didn't have time to register the thought consciously before he threw his head back and howled in pain.  His eyes!  They burned terribly and his vision was gone for the moment.  He hadn't thought about what would happen if he looked at the havoc the bombshell wreaked.  He'd been too caught up in the moment for it.  

The pain began to subside, but his vision was a sheet of featureless gray.  Schizm hoped the others had had enough sense to look away beforehand.  

"Istauri... take the wheel.  I can't see right now, and I don't want to crash us into a building," he said cooly.  He couldn't afford to panic now, so he shifted over to let the Anima scoot to the side enough to take control of the vehicle. "I sure hope you know how to drive this thing."  Schizm sat back and closed his eyes and waited for his vision to swim back, mentally noting to look at the damage one of Jani's '"inventions" was going to do.
The Wolf

-PS- Always looking for new furry friends.  Give me an e-mail at [email protected]  -Thx!

Offline Istauri

• Boisterous Bear
  • Mau?
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »
Istauri opened one eye, he edged into the seat and took up the controls. An acrid reached his nostrils. He looked down to see the excess energy from the gauntlets slightly warping the controls.

"Erm Schizm, i'm not sure this is a good idea. I don't wanna break this thing, I generally avoid technology when i've got a big field up"

Offline Moddex

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2007, 11:36:21 PM »
Moddex's eyes burned from the light. He could bearly see after the detonation of the shell, but from his blurry vision, he could make out what appeared to be a large scorch zone covering the entire intersection in black and small charred remains. The post was eliminated completely, but Moddex was unable to hear. Only a toneless ring returned to his senses.

"I... I can't hear a thing. Damn!", he thought as he revved his engine on his bike to see if even the loudest of sounds would give indication to his ability to hear, but nothing. "I'll just have to wait till I can hear again. I'll heal up eventually...", he thought to himself. He paused for a moment as his vision was returning to a thin , detail depreciating haze.

"Everyone okay!?", he shouted out.

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2007, 12:01:52 AM »
Rhakshi looks up from under a pile of debris, his equipment made it impossible for him to be deafened or blinded momentarily, a very useful tool, in his leg buried deep was a peice of metal shrapnel. Yelping in pain he tried to take it out, his blood going down his leg armor.
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline Moddex

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:40 PM »
"Rhakshi!", Moddex called out. He hopped off the bike, running over to him. "Scizm, medical supplied, stat!", he shouted up to the hulking vehicle.

Offline SchizmWolf

• Dancing Dragon
  • -is out of cryostasis-
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2007, 10:58:39 PM »
Schizm called out from the now-open hatch. "Roger that!"  He fumbled around blindly trying to find the cargo door release switch.  His paws scrabbled all over the dash, trying to find it, finally finding the little handle.  He pulled and he heard a thump as the door slammed open, exposing all the medical equipment.

The task done, he turned back to Istauri.  "Okay, unless you want to end up meat for the police, you'd better learn how to drive this!  Don't touch anything yet, the others need stuff from out the back.  I can't see anything yet, so I'm hoping you are one hell of a quick learner."

Not waiting for a response either way, Schizm slammed down the hatch.  Darkness was back, and the only way he knew was that the gray of his vision dimmed slightly.  He gestured to his seat and said, "We're switching."
The Wolf