The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Nexus  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
The Nexus
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »
The sun rose slowly over the open landscape.  The fog rolled off the dew laden grass and disappeared into the calm quiet of the forest.  The villagers would be waking soon to begin the trials of their daily lives.  Or so it would seem...

The sound of thundering hooves came ever closer to the gates of Therignon.  The gatekeeper rose immediately to see who was approaching.  The guards stood by.  The approaching cavalry was of no threat.  A voice echoed through the silent morning,

"Open the gate!!  We come bearing urgent news!"

Heading the call the gate keeper opened the gate and allowed the horsemen in.

They were from Alderan.  The crests of their shields was the familiar golden arch and valiant longsword piercing through it.

The king, still in a stupor from just waking came down to greet the horsemen,

"What news do you bring that is so urgent?"

One of the horsemen dismounted and looked at the king with a panicked look in his eyes, "My lord...  How many years has it been?"

"What is the meaning of what you speak?  How many years since what?"  Snarled the king.

"My lord...  We are in grave danger.  The chains of Xai Axxis...  Are weakening."  The soldier said.

The kings eyes shrunk as he began to tremble.  The terrible threat that had been looming over both kingdoms since the outlawing of all powerful magic had finally reared it's head.

"My lord, if Xai' Axxis breaks free we will see a war that has not been seen since the first encounter with him!  We are not nearly as powerful as we once were!  If the demon lord is unleashed...  It will be the end of all existence."  Said the soldier.

The weight of the entire world was on the kings shoulders.  He had no idea how to handle this.  He looked at the soldiers, then at the ground, then back the soldier who had been speaking to him.

A dark shadow had been put over both kingdoms.  Storm clouds had gathered in the sky.

"If what you say is true..."  Said the king, "Then we must prepare everything we have.  Go back to your kingdom and tell your commanders they have our support.

The soldiers mounted and left hastily to deliver the message.  Just as they left it began to rain.  A boom of in the distance was heard, a sound unlike any other anyone has heard.  Following short a scream in a distorted voice sounded as the ground began to shake:

Soon mortals...  Soon I will unleash my fury amongst all of you...  You so foolishly chose to abandon your practices...  Now you see that in doing so it was the herald your doom!  Cower before me mortals!  For we shall meet soon enough...

Another blast was unleashed, this one more powerful.  Like an earthquake, it shook the kingdoms foundation.  Chaos and utter destruction were drawing ever nearer.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:55:06 PM by Moongaze »