The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Nexus ((OOC))  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
The Nexus ((OOC))
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
So...  I know I have another RP going, but I had an idea from a song I wrote [Nexus (The Eternal Bond)].  Only I'm putting a bit of a darker twist on it.  The original idea is that life is held together by a bond to nature, and it was an aspiration type theme.  To make it more RP friendly I decided to throw in magic and twists and whatnot.  This being my second go, I feel this one will have a better success rate than my first attempt.

Ok, here's the foundation for the RP:

There used to be two powerfully magical kingdoms: Allderan, and Therignon.  After a dispute and almost a declaration of war both kingdoms decided to set aside their differences and seal their powerful magic away and not practice deadly or dark arts for fear of tearing The Nexus asunder.  The Nexus is at the exact center of the world and is a powerfully magical zone where earth and nature is bonded; and where both kingdoms extracted magical energy from.  Had they declared war some 1,000 years ago, the massive energy it would have taken to fuel the powerful spells of their battle magi would have disrupted the fragile bond of The Nexus, subsequently it would have caused a catastrophic chain of natural disasters.  All of the volcanoes would erupt at once, massive earthquakes would devastate kingdoms and villages alike, and the full furry of hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods would ravage anything in their path.

It was the druids of Deathsworn, who watch over The Nexus, and it was they who warned both kingdoms that a full magical war would cause more destruction than anybody could possibly imagine.  After this brief, yet chilling encounter with the Druids of Deathsworn, both armies agreed peacefully and stood down.

Now, 1000 years later both kingdoms have restrained from using powerful magics.  But a powerful threat rises.  Lying dormant in the Forlorn Caverns is the powerful demon lord Xai' Axxis.  He was banished when he was summoned 5,000 years ago by The Cult of Darkness to seize control of The Nexus and drain in of all it's power.  Arch Magus Dalia Thorai banished the demon under a powerful spell that required direct power from The Nexus itself to keep Xai' Axxis permanently at bay.  He had the demon lords casing hidden away so no man could ever break him loose.  Dalia promptly had any trace of those those who were responsible for the world threatening act slaughtered, and all writings and spells destroyed.

The world was safe; however, under the magic ban the spell keeping Xai' Axxis is weakening, and he is slowly gaining strength.  Once powerful enough he can break his chains and escape from the confines of his prison.  After destroying those who affiliate themselves with who imprisoned him, he will continue what he set out to do, drain The Nexus of all its power.  The destruction of the Nexus would assure the complete destruction of the earth itself.

Okay...  Sounds like fun eh?

Onto more fun stuff!  Character related stuffs!  You can either be a battle mage, or a soldier OR can fit into a high rank into the military and customize your own character.  However, do PM me first if you want to squeeze into a high rank.  Depending on how many people jump into this thread I'll only allow a certain number.  For now 3 slots will be available.  If you're interested PM me, I'll provide a character sheet/list of ranks.  The rest is yours.

Battle Mage:  Under strict discipline under the law.  Is refrained from using magic, and is strictly in the reserve and only practice feeble spells that cost rune stones, as opposed to the forbidden spells lock away with the life-blood stones it takes to cast them.  Standard issue to the battle mages are oaken stave's and a satchel containing rune stones.  

Soldier:  Footmen serve under the kings of the royal armies alliance.  They stand guard, and fight for the kingdoms to protect the sovereignty of the people.  Standard issue to the soldiers are a large steel square shield and a folded steel longsword.

Character sheet format:

Name:
Species:
Character details: background/attributes, etc...
Color: fur, markings, scars, etc...  Put all that here.

Guard Sector: soldier/battle mage

:3

Edit:

Right then...  I forgot my character sheet.

Name: Nathaniel Thorai

Species: Fox/wolf hybrid

Character details: Is the last of the Thorai bloodline.  Just before the banishing of Xai' Axxis a mortal curse was put on Dalia Thorai's bloodline.  Nathaniel was born with a strange immunity to the curse, and had lived healthy.  His parents perished early in his youth.  His mother had fallen ill shortly after birth and died.  And his father, helpless against the curse, died slowly after a two year period.  Orphaned, Nathaniel was taken in to care by the Magi of the guard.  He grew up to be a very successful mage, mastering all the trials allowed by law.  He now stands in the Battle Magi reserve.

Color: Grey fur, a long black scar running down the right side of his face.  Some say the scar was formed when the curse was unable to affect Nathaniel.

Guard Sector: Battle Magi

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:12:49 PM by Moongaze »