Author Topic: Beginning of the End  (Read 11775 times)

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Reddish-brown
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 119
  • Build: Lean
Beginning of the End
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:40:27 PM »
OoC: It's sort of like the Wolf's Rain plot. Sorry for the unoriginality. I haven't RP'd in a while, so I really couldn't think of anything better.

The world is coming to an end. Some people have locked themselves in their thouses, and others have committed suicide in order to escape the end of human existence. The roads are barren wastelands. The towns are ghost lands; you can't even hear a soul whispering.

Furries have always lived besides humans - always getting the short end of the stick. They knew before the humans that the world was going to end and tried to warn them - but none of them listened. They thought they were speaking lies, and proceeded to harass them even more.

When the humans finally accepted the fact, it was already to late. They blamed the furries, driving them to the ends of the earth in a racial persecution, but eventually they gave up. What was the point, anyways?

These days you rarely see the human species outside of their houses. As for the furries - well, there aren't that many left. Only a good hundred or two are left and are scattered across the globe. Other creatures have emerged since the beginning of the end - grotesque creatures that live to hunt down man and furry kind. The weather is unpredictable; sometimes storms whip out of nowhere. The seasons are screwed up, and many plants have died as a result of that.

Meet Gáire - a young fox who is just trying to find some answers in life before hers ends. Will you assist her, or will you watch from a distance?

BiC:

The end of the world. The papers screamed that headline for the past year, along with billboards, television, and anything else that could send it into the world. Eventually the message died - or rather, the means to disperse the information faded away. These days it was rare to hear another voice if you stepped out into the world.

Down an alleyway, a young fox was curled up into a ball. Her auburn fur was puffed out against the chill, and in her sleep she pulled her leather jacket around her shoulders closer to her. Her tail was tucked by her legs, and her whole body shook from the cold.

A little snap of a twig woke up the fox. She opened her gray eyes to spot a mouse. Its light chestnut coat was trembling, and its ebony eyes were opened wide. The fox yawned widely, scaring the mouse away.

"Oh darn," she muttered, stretching out. "I should have caught that. I might not have another meal for a few days." She stood up and moved her limbs.

Something crinkled under her paw. She shifted slightly and noticed it was a newspaper.November 23rd, 2345, the newspaper read. But by the way the sky was looking right now - a light purple - the fox would have guessed it was late April.

She lifted her muzzle towards the sky, and watched the powder blue clouds swirl around in the sky. Another storm was approaching fast.

Pet's name: Xeintal
Adopt your own!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Beginning of the End
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »
(Joining if it's fine with you)
Sleek fur matted to her skin, a starving jaguar happened upon a mouse scurrying away from Gáire. Snapping it up in a simple flick of her neck, Kahlua looked about, smelling more warmth and meat from somewhere. Growling softly, she paces silently towards Gáire and sniffs the air again.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
(I'm not going to interact with Gaire, but I will be assisting from the rp sidelines)
Strolling down the street and still full from his last meal, a wolf with black and green fur happens upon two boys fighting over a loaf of bread, one of them pulls out a knife and tries to fight the other off. Before either of them were wounded, He walked up to them, and with the same guts that kept him alive his entire life, he takes the loaf...and threw it into a nearby alleyway that two furs were in. "Now, get out of my sight before I decide to make humans my next scource of food" he said with a murderous glint in his eyes, and they both scattered, one of them leaving the knife behind, which the wolf quickly swiped up and put away in his trenchcoat before continuing to stroll down the street.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:12:27 PM by Chrono-Dragon »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure Wolf
  • Coloring: credit to wallace on deviantart for this nifty avi
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: is almost 200lb
  • Build: Pretty masculine
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
(if it's ok i'd like to join aswell :D)

A pitch black wolf was trotting across the plains, his belly grumbling.  Nibbling on plants wouldn't do.  He had to find food, and he had to find some quick.  It was just then that Ambrose spotted a hare.  A rather large one at that, and he set off at a sprint, getting speed faster, faster, faster.  He was on it's heel now, any moment and it would be his, and the next moment it was.  He went on all fours and got a small bite at one of it's legs, it stumbled, with a large crack, Ambrose had broken it's neck.  This was his first meal in days, and he enjoyed every bite of it.  In the distance he saw something.  If it was alive, it would've been too big for him to hunt anyways.
The kind of people who take the lead, are the ones who die most famously.
Those who follow, die in peace.
Which one would you prefer?

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »
OoC: Thanks for joining!! :D

BiC: Gáire froze when she spotted the jaguar. All of the fur on her neck stood up, and her claws came out instictively. This wasn't a reaction she would have liked to used; before the Chaos she used to full-heartedly embrace strangers.

Now hunger, desperation, and fear drove her into a corner. Her ears were angled slightly back, and her tail was tuffed out. She went on all fours and took a nervous step forward.

Suddenly, a loaf of bread flew over her head. She skidded back and let out a slight growl.

Sniffing the air, she jumped over a Dumpster and poked at the bread. It hadn't been bitten out of yet, and it wasn't too stale. She almost started eating it when she looked back at the jaguar. Carefully, she scooted the bread in offering.

"Have a bite," she rasped. "You must be starving."

Adopt your own!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:36:27 PM »
The jaguar shook her head, sitting and curling her tail around her legs. She watched Gáire with shadowed eyes and then smiled sweetly. "No thank you. I am quite full." She replied in a gravelly, masculine voice. The arch of a lighter black eyebrow signified her curiosity but her pose suggested respect and knowledge in ways of conduct only known to elder furs from her village.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »
It was when Ambrose finished his meal did he stand up to see that the thing in the distance was actually a town.  He couldn't tell if it was large or not, but it had to have someplace away from the cold.  At first he started to walk, not truly believing the reality of the town, but as he got closer, it became more real than anything.  At this, he began to jog.  Ambrose would've gone full sprint, but he had just eaten something and didn't want to risk a stomach cramp hindering his progress.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 01:57:12 AM »
The wolf continued down the street until it found a locked gunshop that looked surpirisngly untouched Probably wasn't looted before everyone went into hiding he thought as he walked up to one of the windows, grabbed the sledgehammer that was strapped to his back, and slammed it against the window, shattering it entirely. Then, he leaped through the window, being careful not to step on any glass, and took a desert eagle as a side-arm, some ammo, and a gauss sniper rifle he found in the 'specialty' section. Then he stepped out of the store and made his way to the rooftops...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 12:20:23 PM »
OoC: I can't reply again until tomorrow; sorry!

BiC: She grasped the bread in her jaws, savoring the meal. Even though it wasn't exactly what she would have liked, she enjoyed it nonetheless. Within a few seconds the entire loaf was gone. She licked her muzzle and started licking her paw.

"So, what brings you hear? Many furries try to stay out of the towns as much as possible."

Adopt your own!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 12:40:10 PM »
"I could ask the same of you, little one." She replied, laughing softly. Uncoiling and extending her paws to stretch, Kahlua stood up. "I fear we must move to somewhere safer. A storm is on the horizon, we must go." She growled lightly, eyes gleaming as she walked up to Gáire, picked her up by the scruff of her neck, and started to trot off toward town.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »
By the time Ambrose had heard thunder he was half-way to the town.  As he stopped dead in his tracks, lightning struck the ground in the far off distance.  It was then and there that Ambrose decided that he wasn't going to be in this storm in the open, and he set off full-sprint so he would have time to search for a good place to hide, his coat billowing behind him.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 04:59:40 PM »
Once the wolf reached the roof and saw that everyone was heading to town, he put away his rfile, and started to sprint to the next town, trying to stay out of sight....

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »
(Joining if you have room :P )

The rabbit sat before a small fire sheltered in an abandoned storeroom. pieces of starved human perched over the flame on a makeshift grill using old wire. He picked a shred of meat up, resisting the urge to wretch as he forced it into his mouth, viciously chewing to get it down quick without choking. Once swallowed, he sat back onto the tails of his shirt.
"Blech," he said aloud, "It's not even good enough to fill me up." The rabbit stared out the window to the coloured sky as a lightning bolt danced across behind the smoke of his fire rising out and away into the open air. He knew others would be coming to take what food he had, but in this weather, there was nowhere to go. He sighed, and picked up a slice of arm.

(update, OOC: wont be here for a couple of hours, something has come up.)
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »
It already started raining when Ambrose was about 100 yards away from the town.  As much as he would've like to sit out there and bask in the rain, there was lightning and the one thing didn't trust, was electricity running through his body involuntarily.  As he entered he town he saw that for the most part it was abandoned, but those remaining were inside.  He needed to get somewhere fast, so he searched the town for any opening into a building where he would feel safer.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 05:19:37 PM »
The wolf, upon reaching the half-way point, notices someone outside the town, trying to find a way inside "Theres always the windows, boy!" he shouted as he closed the gap between them and quickly went into town