The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Occam's Razor (Sign Up/OOC)  (Read 2110 times)

Offline StellaTheMutt

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black and tan. Blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 117 lbs.
  • Build: Sinuous and lithe, angular features and soft curves.
  • Currently: Relaxed
Occam's Razor (Sign Up/OOC)
« on: April 29, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
Occam's Razor is a semi-apocalyptic, post societal roleplay. It contains elements of slice-of-life, action, horror, drama, and realism in it. The world is ending...at least the world of anyone unfortunate enough to be in the United States of America when it begins.

What is "it", exactly? When a deadly retrovirus sweeped the United States, it wiped out over 98% of the country's population. And it's spreading.

The remaining two percent are immune to the virus and its effects. Only one person--in some cases two--in one family survive. The immunity is solely hereditary and only hematopoietic stem cells have a chance at delaying the infection, but not a cure.

Quarantine procedures were ineffective due to the rate of progression the virus had on the populace. Armed guards were placed outside of capital cities with orders to shoot if anyone tried to leave.

On October 28, 2034, the President of the United States addressed the remaining nation and urged them to pray, before collapsing on live television. It was Dr. Jonas Salk's 120th birthday. The inventor of the polio vaccine.

​This starts out in Moorefield, West Virginia. It's a small town nestled in the mountains, less than a pinprick on a map with not much to boast of. The town is simple. Most of the buildings that reside there were built from the late 1800's to the early 1900's having been preserved with only a few modern buildings. The roads leading in and out are woven around the mountains, and even some of the houses just outside of the town are adapted to suit the land. The Potomac river cuts through the land with farms built along it.

There is no electricity or running water, however, many of the houses have generators and old wells, as well as fertile farmland. The livestock has grown sickly from neglect, but most animals are still alive.

Rules & Guidelines:​

Other than the obvious (be courteous and polite to the other players, no metagaming or god mode, GM's word is law and over rules all, etc. Basic principles, guys), these are the few rules that I am implementing. Please abide by these, and if you have questions, please feel free to ask away.

Yes, this is furry, I use "people" as an all-encompassing term.

1. No play-games-for-a-living, lungs-of-a-smoker type characters. This is the end of your character's world as they know it. There is DANGER that they will have to run from. They will need to have some physical fitness, at least be able to hustle fairly often and fairly fast. Strength is not required but could be a huge asset. Endurance can be gained over time and is not required at the beginning.

2. No mutations, magic, supernatural abilities, or unrealistic attributes to your characters. Your characters can be mythical or made-up species, but they have no powers.

3. GUNS WILL KILL YOU. Well, not necessarily. Your character is allowed to own a gun at the start, but they must have a reason for owning the gun. You will be required to tell why in your character profile. Same with any other weapon aside from common kitchen objects (knives, scissors, etc). Certain types of guns increase your risk of being killed off. Choose wisely.

4. No more than two characters at a time. Sorry, but it gets too clustered and confusing after two. If you want to only play one character but want a different one, PM the GM (me!) and it will be arranged to have your original character either leave the group or be killed off.

5. Characters can and will DIE. Surviving in this world is not easy. If your character doesn't have what it takes, there is the risk that they will die. Some events are determined by a dice roll while others are my decision. It will not be announced which. Please be courteous of the decisions.

6. Just because your character dies does not mean you are kicked out of the roleplay. If your character dies, then you are more than welcome to create another one. Just no more than two at any point.

​I have a premade sheet for your character creation. Please fill it out and either post it below or PM it to me. I will review them and message you if they have been accepted or not. Any and all types of characters are welcome as long as they fit within the above mentioned stipulations. This includes: pronouns, LGBTQ+, Characters with disabilities (as long as they can function well enough to survive), and more. I like diversity, so let's have some. No mary-sues or gary-sues.

If you've made it this far, thank you for at least reading it through.

Full Name:
Nickname/Titles:
Birthdate:
Species:
Sexual Orientation:
Appearance:
Dimensions: (height & weight)
Arsenal:
Skills:
Personality:
Bio/additional info:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:59:07 PM by StellaTheMutt »

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Occam's Razor (Sign Up/OOC)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 06:51:38 AM »
Full Name: Blaine Dalton Everson
Nicknames/Titles: (None)
Birth date: July 14th, 2012
Gender/Sex: Male
Species: Ursine (Grizzly Bear)
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Appearance: Average build, short brown hair on top/"shaved sides", pale blue eyes, sleeved out tattoos. Basic grizzly fur color.
Dimensions: 6' 0", 172 lbs
Arsenal: Remington 700 Hunting Rifle w/ basic scope
Skills: Basic military training, slightly rusty. Hunted almost weekly before outbreak, can track and stalk wild game. Decent cardio and above-average endurance.
Personality: Sarcastic, partially withdrawn, quick to use force to solve conflicts, injects humor into dark situations.

Bio: Blaine was, before the outbreak, a private in the 10th Mountain Division before being discharged at 20. Moved back home a week before the virus hit, watched his parents and siblings die before taking off. Hunted frequently with his father before enlisting, which explains his tracking skills and possession of a bolt-action rifle. He wound up in Moorefield after drifting for a few weeks on the road. Currently a hunter, trading food for supplies.

((Okay, feel free to find any plotholes in my character sheet. I did my best but it's pretty late atm and I am tiiiiiired.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:19:00 AM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline StellaTheMutt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 09:05:50 PM »
You're approved. Don't sweat the details--it works for the setting well enough.

Full Name: Varia Margaret Spector
Nickname/Titles: Goes by Ghost--rarely her real name.
Birthdate: 03 14 2008
Gender/Sex: Female
Species: Red fox
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Standard fox coloring, straight auburn hair pulled back, green eyes. Small but strong frame, flexible. Swimmer's muscles. Small tattoo of a compass on the back of her neck.
Dimensions: 5'3", 120 lbs.
Arsenal: Hunting knife, a smaller .45 ACP pistol with hollow-point rounds.
Skills: Tactical police, first-aid, and self-defense training, works well under pressure and approaches problems with logic and rationale. Basic survival knowledge and used to enjoy cooking. Can build simple traps.
Personality: Calm and collected, analytical, and determined. She never truly opens up to anyone else, and commanded a high level of respect in her field. She is very self-aware and always thinks before she acts. Compassionate and protective towards children.
Bio/additional info: Lived with her parents and two of her brothers in Maryland before they were infected. All died at home while her third brother was stationed at an Air Force base in Oregon, presumed dead. Traveled to West Virginia to distance herself from her "ghosts". Her pistol is her service weapon. Lives hand-to-mouth from crops she managed to grow and what she's able to ensnare, and hardly interacts with anyone still left in Moorefield.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:17:12 AM »
So, should I post in the main thread or wait for someone else to join?
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline StellaTheMutt

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 12:50:02 AM »
Sorry, go ahead and post.

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: american badger/ground pangolin hybrid
  • Coloring: green
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: haven't measured in a while...
  • Build: A bit of muscle, but not a lot. Scales abound.
  • Currently: trying to make sense of everything
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 03:46:53 AM »
Full Name: Fulvius Patryk Andrzej
Nickname/Titles: (none)
Birthdate: August 13, 2016
Species: American Badger
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Average build for his age. Beige-y green fur with dark gray markings on his head, forearms, and legs.
Dimensions: 5'11'', 158 lbs
Arsenal: A kukuri, a small boot knife, and a WIST-94 with standard ammunition
Skills: Moderately trained in Kickboxing, Krav Maga, and Tang Soo Do. A good thinker, but hasn't lived long enough to know when to apply it. Knows how to set very basic traps, and can identify many edible plants in the wild.
Personality: Optimistic when motivated, but can get moody when tired or bored.  Tries to solve problems efficiently, which sometimes resorts to force.
Bio/additional info: For as long as he could remember, Fulvius had had a love for martial arts. He grew up with martial arts movies, and his parents supported him, letting him participate at his local martial arts center. Eventually, he focused less on the flashy kicks and complicated techniques, and became more practical. Before the outbreak, he read up on many books about survival, and he carries what he hasn't finished with him in his backpack. He technically didn't have a driver's license, but there were so few people on the road that it didn't matter anyway.

(I hope this is alright)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:48:30 AM by Ginger Ale »
"and maybe we weren't put on this earth to rape and pillage and ravage
because god created puppy dogs and god created kittens
and our love creates a power plant
that generates this world
and if we stop now
then we'll just disappear into oblivion"

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »
I hope no-one minds if I join, albeit a little(a lot) late.

Full Name: Rayleonarde Edwin Blackburn
Nickname/Titles: "Ray" (friends and associates) "Li'l Eddie" (whenever he gets too angered and acts as his father did).
Birthdate: February 12th, 2012
Species: Raccoonis Purpalis
Sexual Orientation: Straight, but will play however he needs, given the situation.
Appearance: Average. Deep purple fur with teardrop shaped markings, one on his chin that runs to his collarbone, and one on his lower abdomen.
Dimensions: 6' 3'', 220 lbs.
Arsenal: AR-7 Survival Rifle.
Skills: Mediocre survivalist, decent engineer and electrician. Familiar with first aid. Terrible with people.
Personality: Reclusive. Critical thinker to a fault, hides depression behind an nigh unbreakable smile. When enraged, he has a hard time thinking and will often resort to sheer violence. He prefers to help more than anything.
Bio/Additional info: Even from a young age, Ray yearned for things to be simple. He would walk the streets, almost visualizing all the inane problems others faced. Though when he offered assistance, Ray was always met with annoyance. So, around his seventeenth birthday, while attempting to help a stranger, he was rewarded with a barrel of a pistol waved in his face and a death threat. This drove the once-open and caring Ray to slip deep within himself, digging a hole he could bury all his feelings in. He attempt to simply take the tension, the pain, the suffering he could feel from others and bury it deep down. This, combined with his unrelenting drive to help, created a horrifying monster of rage. Normally kept buried deep, the ugly thing raises it's head every once in a while, driving Ray to bouts of enraged lunacy.

(I await my processing. I hope everything is in order.)