The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past (Sign-Up & OOC)  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past (Sign-Up & OOC)
« on: January 10, 2020, 11:02:08 PM »
/// Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past \\\

In the events on LV-1201, it was learned that the call for help was little more than an elaborate scheme orchestrated by General Vasili Rykov, leader of the Iron Bears mercenary group, to draw Viktor Horgus to the planet and kill him. The call was made under the pretense of getting off-world aid to deal with a present Xenomorph infestation. With Viktor and his team planetside, Rykov put his plan into motion, killing Viktor - or so it appeared - and trying to lure the rest into a trap they could not escape from. However, Viktor and the team soon discovered evidence of deception and a plot to frame them for LV-1201's eventual destruction. It was a close call, but Viktor, after being separated from his team, managed to link back up with them and get them to safety in orbit before the massive reactors powering Weyland-Yutani's colony on LV-1201 blew - a result of Rykov's sabotage. Rykov attempted to escape, on a stolen UNSC Cruiser, but his ship was quickly overpowered, boarded, and captured. Rykov died at Viktor's hands, unwilling to surrender.

In the aftermath, files aboard Rykov's ship's computers detailed an operation to salvage Forerunner tech on one of the remaining Halo Rings, dubbed "Gamma Halo". The United Sangheili Republic, having volunteered to watch over the rings to ensure that they could never fall into the wrong hands - and that no one could accidentally release the Flood parasites contained within - was furious to learn of this illegal operation. Unfortunately, given recent conflicts, the Sangheili are unable to dispatch a battle group to deal with this operation. So, they have called for outside assistance.

So this is the situation: You are among those assembled to deal with the remnants of the Iron Bears and their operation. Your goal is two-fold: One, to shut down this operation. If force is necessary to eliminate it, then so be it; Two, to ensure that the Iron Bears do not release the Flood Parasites, and if they do, deal with them as quickly as you can. The UNSC has asked to assist, and the Sangheili have obliged. Unfortunately, it is currently unknown when the UNSC forces will arrive, so until they do, you and yours are on your own.

Dismissed.

/// RULES \\\
Standard RP rules apply. If you don't know what those rules are, go read them before joining this RP. Apart from that:

No overpowered weapons.

No overpowered armor. Armor similar to Mjolnir armor is acceptable at max.

Work as a team, do not antagonize each other. More of a suggestion than a rule.

Ships. I don't mind you all using ships of your own, but please - nothing vastly overpowered.

Posting order will be such that you can post anytime, but not until everyone else has posted that's still involved. Exceptions are when either another player hasn't posted in 48 hours or if they leave.

/// CHARACTER SHEET \\\
Name: (Self-explanatory)
Species: (Self-explanatory)
Attire: (What you're wearing. Armor recommended.)
Weapons: (What weapons you brought with you, if any. As long as it conforms to the rules, it's fine.)
Powers: (What kind of special powers/abilities does your character have, if any. Not required, so if you don't want them to have any, just put "None" or "N/A".)
Position on Team: (What role do you fill? Medic, Fire Support, Heavy Gunner, etc.)
Bio: (A little background info. No need to make it extensive unless you really want to.)

/// NOTES \\\

Nothing I can think of at this time. I will edit as necessary.

And I will post my character sheet when I have decided who I will be using.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:27:53 PM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Re: Coalition Operations IV: Monsters of the Past (Sign-Up & OOC)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 12:10:38 AM »
Name: Darvo Pax/Beast
Species: Turian/Klyntar
Attire: general appearance. Darvo wears Medium Phoenix Armor (Sirta Foundation production). The armor provides basic thermal, toxic, and physical protection. It also has thermal, night, and scope visions. Built-in comlinks, magnetic boots, grappler hook. Being in the symbiote form, Darvo looks like this. The form prevents him from using armor's utilities.
Powers: the symbiote inside the Turian is his real power and curse. Darvo uses it only when traditional tools didn't help much or when Darvo got injured. The symbiote form significantly increases physical abilities alongside manipulating his physical appearance. That includes stretching and modifying limbs (making them as weapons or tools), the body and uses his flesh as a source of matter for ranged attacks. It also helps to deal with wounds. However, like any other Klyntar life form, Beast is vulnerable to many things. Fire, ultra or high-frequency sound, and chemicals can severely damage the symbiote or even kill him. But the main reason why Darvo is a solo operative is because of Beast's constant hunger. To keep his abilities at maximum effectiveness, the symbiote needs food: brains of living beings or chocolate. Despite Pax's efforts to keep the chocolate diet for his inner monster, sometimes Beast can subdue the Turian's will. It results in devouring sentients, and at times, it happens with the prey while it's alive.
Weapon: Particle Accelerator Weapon (P. A. W.), which emits a dense plasma beam. However, the P.A.W. is completely useless beyond mid-range because its plasma beam simply dissipates past its effective range.
Position on Team: tank, brawler
Bio: long ago, Darvo was an average soldier of the Turian Hierarchy. Even though his father has helped him to climb over the career ladder by challenging tasks, the youngest in Pax's family has never left Palaven. But it was only during his early years. By the time when the Hierarchy has joined the UNSC and become the complete member of the Galactic Society, Darvo was experienced enough to serve in the name of Palaven outside of its borders. And its people. Everything has changed in his life when some Salarian scientists have discovered the planet Klyntar. The nerdiest race in the entire Society didn't hesitate to try to explore it. Of course, they needed some security, and Pax has volunteered for the journey. Alas, the Sith Covenant, was aware of the Klyntar as well. On the way back to Reach City with the new life forms in tubes, the Covenant outnumbered the team and attempted to board. Realizing that scientists won't survive the battle, Darvo decides to bond with a symbiote. That has saved the expedition group and revealed Klyntar's physical form (along with its some nasty traits). However, the group returned without the Turian, with remained symbiotes only for study. Before the group left the system where they were ambushed, the three-fingered creature recorded the message for the high-ranked staff of the UNSC. So only they know about Darvo. In the letter, Pax explains what happened with him during a battle with the Covenant and whom he became. The alien proposes to repute him as missed-in-action or dead for most of the people. But he also insists that he wants to cooperate with the agency on matters where the UNSC doesn't want to involve their people for various reasons. And this operation is an excellent example of Pax's decision.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 08:26:41 AM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 09:00:01 PM »
Name:Blazen Tails
Nickname:Blaze
Species:Kitsune [Ninetailed Fox,Ninetails(Pokemon)]
Fur color:tan colored.
Attire:Standard Mjolnir black body suit with Mjolnir Mark IV F customized armor.
Powers: :Blaze has the power to control and make fire from the air and can even breath fire, her hand to hand combat is superb and combined with her claws can be deadly. she has various other powers like healing ,but is not very well versed in their use so prefers to stick to here more well knonw powers
Weapon(s): Claws,  fire, Br-97A1 battle rifle, SMG-9(incindiary options avalible on all weapons... plasma claw emitters on her suits fingers.
Position on team: CQC, room clearance

Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:33:15 AM »
/// Spartan-X050 \\\
Name: Andrew Harrison
Species: Human
Attire: Custom Generation-X Mk VI Mjolnir Powered Combat Armor
Weapons: BR77A2 Combat Assault Rifle , Energy Sword
Powers: None
Position on Team: Team Commander, Captain of the UNSC Allegiance
Bio: Andrew Harrison was a uniquety among the UNSC. An orphan of a Sangheili Rebel attack, Andrew spent his youth going through one foster house after another. It wasn't until he showed an unusual aptitude for combat that he was secretly inducted into the secretive Spartan-X Project. The details of what he went through in training remain hazy and unconfirmed, but he was one of the only six that survived to become the Spartan-X Generation. Of those six, he is the only one to be assigned as a UNSC Liaison to the Sangheili following an incident on Sangheilios where Andrew personally saved Kaidon Thel 'Vadam - who, in recognition, assigned his own son to accompany Andrew as a companion and bodyguard. The two have been inseparable ever since.

/// Zuka 'Vadam \\\
Name: Zuka 'Vadam
Species: Sangheili
Attire: Sangheili Powered Combat Armor
Weapons: Sangheili Storm Rifle , dual energy swords
Powers: None
Position on Team: Combat Support
Bio: The Sangheili companion of Commander Andrew Harrison, few would guess from the outside that Andrew and Zuka think of each other as brothers. Zuka has seen dozens of combat actions alongside Andrew, and remains at his side to this day. Always offering insight - or a blade - when needed, Zuka has often been referred to as the Shipmaster of the UNSC Allegiance, recognizing the Sangheili title of a ship captain, while Andrew is called the Commander. Zuka also is a master of fighting with dual energy swords, and is described by Andrew as a Whirlwind of Blue Death.

An image of their ship, the up-scaled and upgraded UNSC Punic-class Supercarrier, the UNSC Allegiance:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0b/51/3d/0b513d875cbfad61ffd668c98d114cfd.jpg

I can get this going with just the three of us - but let's see if anyone else joins before I kick this off.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:20 AM »

Researcher Gram Florenti
Report: Civilized activity on Gamma Halo.
‘I, Gram Florenti, with all my years of research, have never seen a life form such as this. Anyone we dispatch to Gamma Halo must investigate these creatures. I’m reticent to even call them creatures. Telephoto investigations have revealed houses and agricultural plots. Captain, if you read this, have your mercenaries attempt contact. This could be undiscovered Forerunner technology.
Gram Florenti, lead researcher onboard.’

Name: Biological Instance REL-GH
Species: Indeterminate.
Attire: None. Evolved instances wear simple cotton attire. Investigate if possible.
Weapons: None. Evolved instances have been observed to create pseudo firearms and melee weapons from bio-material. Reminiscent to late 1800’s technology. Must be investigated if possible.
Powers: Indeterminate. Investigate if possible.
Position to Team: N/A
Bio:
   Gram Florenti, lead researcher
These creatures seem to exist in relative peace on Gamma Halo. They don’t seem aware of what they’re on, either. Technology seems...basic. At least 1800’s era. Water wheels, carts, et cetera. I doubt they pose any threat to us or the Iron Bears. Again, I beg that the mercenaries attempt contact. I guarantee that the Forerunners left them here for a reason.
Gram Florenti

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
Name: Ara
Species: Light toa (Homo elementum lumen, biomechanical elemental being)
Attire: Metal exoskeleton, Mask of Light
Weapons: Dual swords of Light
Powers: Light control. This power can run out, and recharges over time. His mask amplifies this power, but he is weak without it.
Position on Team: Special forces
Bio: Due to an unknown force, the Mask of Light made its way to Ara, who used to be human. When he put on the mask, it transformed him into a Toa of light. Incapable of becoming human again, he learned to used his powers for good. Now, he has mastered them. When he heard of the new threat, he decided it was best to  jump in the fight. He does not bring much, but he may prove of great value.
Picture of Ara (sorry for the badly edited in mask; the program I rendered this from didn't have it)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:27:31 PM by Anna Steen »

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
Name: Ara
Species: Light toa (Homo elementum lumen, biomechanical elemental being)
Attire: Metal exoskeleton, Mask of Light
Weapons: Dual swords of Light
Powers: Light control. This power can run out, and recharges over time. His mask amplifies this power, but he is weak without it.
Position on Team: Special forces
Bio: Due to an unknown force, the Mask of Light made its way to Ara, who used to be human. When he put on the mask, it transformed him into a Toa of light. Incapable of becoming human again, he learned to used his powers for good. Now, he has mastered them. When he heard of the new threat, he decided it was best to  jump in the fight. He does not bring much, but he may prove of great value.
Picture of Ara (sorry for the badly edited in mask; the program I rendered this from didn't have it)

You might want to join our Discord as all brainstorming is happening right there. Link in GS OOC thread.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »
Yeah, sorry, I don't have Discord.
And I'm not planning on getting it either.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 09:11:27 PM »
Soon as this weather clears up, I'll post the intro for CO IV. Be ready.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
Yeah, sorry, I don't have Discord.
And I'm not planning on getting it either.

Okay. Since you're not in Discord with the rest of RP'ers, there is one thing you need to know - the post order. Once Rom posted, everyone has 48 hours timer to post right after him but only once. And after another Rom' post, the cycle repeats.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 01:03:22 PM »
Looks like I missed my cue.
I'll try again from the top.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »
First, pal, I'd advise you read over the sign-up thread before making your character - particularly the Story and Character Sheet format. I'm not against adding new characters to this RP, but it's considered polite to wait for such a character to be okayed before joining the RP proper.

Please edit your character sheet once you have done so.

Offline Protogen_Subject#684

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • Look Alive Stay alive Soldiers!
    • Awards
  • Species: Protogen
  • Coloring: Red,Black,And White
  • Height: 5,10
  • Weight: 104 lbs
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 02:15:52 PM »
Name: (Leon)
Species: (Protogen)
Attire: (small amount of armor Because he wants to stay light on his feet. Has a brand on his neck he covers that basically means he used to work for the iron bear.)
Weapons: (Mauser C96 Broomhandel With Plasma rounds. Also a large DVL-10-M2)
Powers: (Ability To hear Heart Beats and see heat signatures.)
Position on Team: (Long Range Weapons Expert)
Bio: (Recent Work with The KGB Joined the armed forces after he deserted from the iron bear mercenaries . )
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 09:03:57 PM by Protogen_Subject#684 »
We are going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks!-General Patton

Your Soul is tainted by the BLOOD of the innocent-Ghost Rider

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 02:46:02 AM »
I will talk this over with my colleagues. I don't mind you joining, but I want to be sure they don't mind before I let you.