The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 40352 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2019, 11:28:46 PM »
your take on the 'iron horse'?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
Kinda. More towards "what if the races in this area tried to make their own means of transportation?" in thinking. The left side was pretty much a 1:1 size comparison to the riding-creatures my friend has made, but just designed in steampunk manner. The right-side is an 'update' to the same idea.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2019, 11:55:55 PM »
i see
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »
Not entirely dead, just too quiet during the roughest season of the year mentally for me. Would've stayed quiet longer, but I know too long makes isolationism more enticing. But onto what I've done:

This was a bit of a concept for trying to make a steampunk version of one of my characters, having to concept a weapon for her using tech ideal for that setting. Simple and straight-forward, it's a Punt Gun with a scope on it and a shortened barrel. Still got enough kick on it to knock most people on their rears.

Joke/toy weapons. I wanted to make more on this one, but this one kinda ended early and burned me out for a whole month.

And this little guy. I actually liked making this one because it was small and an attempt at a sprite-sheet again rather than just props. Heavily inspired by the Batton ("Black Ball Bat") from the Mega Man games, I figured it'd be like a reconnaissance drone. I also added in some touches that kinda make me think of Wheatley from Portal 2 (due to the expressiveness that I gave it).

So what do you think?

Edit: Fixed the links. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:55:03 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2020, 03:40:38 AM »
I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well, and I’m glad you’re back.

The toy weapons are very cool. The squirt guns really capture the look.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2020, 10:02:40 PM »
I think of that last set I showed was actually the Ball Bat one I liked the most. Not sure why though.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: February 29, 2020, 03:21:06 AM »
heh who needs toy weapons when you can turn any gun into a toy :P

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2020, 06:01:35 AM »
The bat’s pretty cool.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2020, 09:45:58 PM »
heh who needs toy weapons when you can turn any gun into a toy :P
I've thought about doing other 'joke' type weapons too, but ran out of ideas.

The bat’s pretty cool.
I've done other small-character sprites too, might take a long time to dig up where it is though.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
Might be getting back into the swing of things.

This one has a lot of lore on it, but long-story-short: the purplish-metal has a very high density, making this weapon rather hard for normal people to wield, much-less lift. The symbols are all letters/numbers for a language in the story that the character would belong to.

Offline John Red Beard

• Local Moderator
  • Influential Ibex
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2020, 04:55:39 AM »
Those are cool. I had to zoom in to see the symbols, but they’re a nice touch.

What’s the purpose of the super long handles? Is that so you can use them like a pole arm?

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2020, 05:12:17 PM »
Well at least you are i'm still having some trouble doing my own pictures...

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2020, 10:48:27 PM »
Those are cool. I had to zoom in to see the symbols, but they’re a nice touch.

What’s the purpose of the super long handles? Is that so you can use them like a pole arm?
Yeah, making symbols that small is difficult to do to make it look accurate to the writing of the involved-world.

And yep, it is supposed to be a sword-spear that converts to a cross-guard arming-sword with swordbreaker prongs. It already hits like a tank normally, and adding that capability of reach makes it even more deadly in the right hands.

Well at least you are i'm still having some trouble doing my own pictures...
Sometimes you just need to take a while away from what your doing, maybe spitball some ideas back and forth with another person?

Post Merge: March 12, 2020, 08:01:50 AM

Finished another for the same friend, this time getting in a good bit of practice with damascene patterns again. If you're wondering on the size of this, it's supposed to be a nodachi or greatsword. The rune on the sheath is known as the Eye of the Life Goddess, the scratching through being intentional (a right-side-up, not scratched-through version just to the left of it for comparison).

As for this one, since I did a fair bit of practice on the damascene pattern once more, I decided to improve the shape of an older sprite to a more feasible katana shape.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:01:50 AM by Vosur Aekira, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2020, 12:26:05 AM »

This past month's been rough mentally on everyone, so I didn't expect to have anything to show, but here we are. Anyways, here's another weapon set for a friend of mine (different from the previous two). The pistol uses water-elemental energy, firing high-pressure shots of water and even shots of super-chilled ice if the weapon is charged. The tonfa in question collapses for easy-storage, but when out, it works similar to a combination of the Recoil Rod from the Mega Man Zero series, the "glow baton" from Demolition Man, and a standard tonfa.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2020, 02:04:35 AM »
I've had plenty to show recently though it's definitly slower than usual. interesting weapons are you stealing my water gun magazine idea ? :P