The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Food or drinks others don't have  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • If I am pretty, you are gorgeous~
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White fur, icy blue eyes
  • Height: 175 cm
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Holla holla get dollar
Food or drinks others don't have
« on: July 22, 2019, 11:52:28 AM »
Name a food item or a drink that you feel furballs and scalies in other countries are missing out on. I'm curious to see what you guys pity others for not having.

Offline LeFay

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Aardwolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with black stripes
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 185
  • Currently: Chill
Re: Food or drinks others don't have
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 03:00:48 PM »
In Italy and Saudi Arabia they sell 3 foot tall cans of pringles and I feel a bit cheated that they don't sell them in the states.

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
In Italy and Saudi Arabia they sell 3 foot tall cans of pringles and I feel a bit cheated that they don't sell them in the states.
Not exactly what I meant, but we do have long Pringles tubes here in Norway as well. Would've thought they'd exist in the states though.

Offline LeFay

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Aardwolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with black stripes
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 185
  • Currently: Chill
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »
I imagine you wanted it the other way around, but in the states most of our foods are an amalgamation of foods from other countries so much of what the USA has is present in other countries. Although there are food bans regarding the way American food is made (such as chlorine cleaned chicken). However from my understanding peanut butter is widely disgusted in most parts of western Europe and far east of the Asian Peninsula. So I suppose I'd have to say peanut butter, I don't understand how someone can dislike it. It isn't necessary not available but hard to find and often not palpable.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 01:22:15 AM »
I feel bad for people who don't live in the American southwest*, because it must be hard to find good Mexican food.

* Or Mexico, obviously.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »
Ooo! Ok, here.
Softdrinks, out here there's a whole load of brands we dont get. Like moxie! It's a softdrink with a bitter herbal taste, dating waaay back to the 1800's. Originally sold as something of a medicine, it was eventually re-branded into a soda. From what I know, it's mostly available around the New England area, having originated in Maine, I think? Great drink, bitter as pennies but I love it.

Sarsaparilla is something I didn't really see untill moving out west, and it's like rootbeer but better. That's all I really have to say.
On that note, there is a foreign drank called Sarsi from the Philippines. It tasted somewhat of licorice and it was really nice.
That's about all I got, I guess.

Offline Jenac Azaela

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 07:45:45 AM »
Alright, Dazed hit what I was asking about  ^_^

So for me there are a few things I haven't heard anyone outside of Scandinavia and Britain being familiar with. But of course I might be wrong.

One drink type is what we vikings call "saft" and the brits call "squash". In essence, you mix fruits and/or flowers with water and a sweetener and boil it, reducing it to a concentrate that is still only slightly thicker than water. This concentrate is then diluted with either hot water for a winter drink, or cold water for a refreshing soft drink.
The great thing about saft is there can be virtually any flavour you want, either from a single fruit or flower, or a combination.