The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 102142 times)

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2550 on: January 23, 2019, 12:16:13 AM »
You know for as much as i give myself crap for thinking that i was overweight and having eating problems, dental problems and a bunch of other heath problems. A recruiter saying: "You're perfectly healthy" kinda quarrels with that...
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #2551 on: February 05, 2019, 12:53:08 PM »
I am so glad OneNote 2007 is compatible with Windows 10. Not crazy about how the new OS's tried to be trendy by changing the look to resemble a mobile phone and calling the programs "apps" and changing the control panel "settings," but I'm now able to do just about everything on this new computer that I was able to do on my old one (which was released in 2006 *~* Damn am I outdated or what...)
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
« Reply #2552 on: February 06, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »
Turns out i'm one of 4 people that passed the writing fsa, even thought i'm terrible at writing and don't remember finishing it. So either everyone else was even worst or it was a mistake.  >.>
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:22:13 PM by Emtile »
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #2553 on: February 06, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »
I was feeling like crap all day yesterday, but after venting to my Dad, I felt much better. I used to really be at odds with my Dad. After moving out and trying (and failing) to really strike out on my own, the crap I went through really brought use closer.
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #2554 on: August 02, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »
PC's been dying for years. Showing its age. Can barely run Fallout: New Vegas at this point. Relied on my family to replace it, they have too much to pay for at present, and this PC will be dead long before they ever get around to replacing it. Then I'd have been forced to settle for far less than what I wanted. So I had to enlist... outside help. That being said, one of my friends (not on this forum, though I wish he were) offered to assist. And I was willing to accept it. So I waited. And waited.

And waited.

And waited, STILL.

And last night...

... he finally came through for me. Sent me the money I needed, and I was able to buy a new PC off eBay. Order was confirmed last night, waiting on them to get back to me on shipping (as in, telling me that the order shipped), and shipping the PC to a friend's house so he can hang onto it until I can go get it. Then came the delightful conversation with mother in telling her that I no longer needed her to get me this new PC, as I had handled the matter myself. No bad news, she took it much better than I thought she would. No getting pissed off, no snap judgments or asinine moves, no screaming. After I explained it all, it was just an indifferent "whatever". Would have thought she'd be happy a friend saved her some money, but hey - not complaining at this point.

So it looks like, when the new PC ships, I'll have a new computer to game and work on to replace this old PC. Don't get me wrong, it's been a good PC, given me a lot of good years. But the PC is showing its age, and I know it doesn't have much life left to it. Better I do this now (or last night, when I placed the order), when I had the opportunity, than risk waiting another year.

Hurray for independent action!
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #2555 on: October 22, 2019, 12:55:22 AM »
Got a birthday tomorrow...

... f***. Gonna be with a friend, gonna have some good times, and celebrate my 29th. Hooray birthdays!
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.