The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I need help to know if I'm a furry  (Read 1533 times)

Offline nathanielryan

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
I need help to know if I'm a furry
« on: September 09, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »
I don't know if I am or not. It's kind of weird. I have seen something that keeps replaying in my head. I need a way to know if I'm a furry or not and what that entails. I don't know who to ask so I went directly to the source with my question. Does anyone know a legitimate test I can take or a way to tell?

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

Offline nathanielryan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
How do I know if I'm furry
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »
I need to know if I'm a furry. Please ask me questions and show surveys or just anything. I'm tired of not being sure. It's driving me crazy. Please help

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: I need help to know if I'm a furry
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 03:28:55 PM »
Hello there!  I personally believe that there isnt quite an official set of things that one needs to be a «  furry «.  In the end it just kinda mainly comes to if you would like to consider yourself one. If you do then you are one if do not wish to be one then you are not, I dont think anyone can make the choice of deeming who is a furry and who isnt. There isnt a check list of requirements.

Here is a little thread that might help -  https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=16042.0#new

I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Best of luck and feel free to ask if you have even more questions  :)

~ Lia

Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
Just consume furry content if you like furry content, create it if you want to create it. Doesn't need to be anything more than an activity and interest!

Offline Oriaan

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/racoon (mostly fox)
  • Coloring: red, grey, black
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: pfft dunno
  • Build: bat/ demon wings apear sometimes,pretty thin,not very muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: active but also inactive
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:38:29 PM »
I don't know if I am or not. It's kind of weird. I have seen something that keeps replaying in my head. I need a way to know if I'm a furry or not and what that entails. I don't know who to ask so I went directly to the source with my question. Does anyone know a legitimate test I can take or a way to tell?

all you have to do is ask yourself....
"Do I want to be a furry?"
if yes, congrats your a furry
  • Avatar by: Adrianepicl (me) (its old but im too lazy to chang ite currently lol)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
You be a furry if you want to be a furry. If you feel like you don't want to be one, then you're not.  If you like Anthropomorphic animals for whatever reason, it doesn't make you a furry. You have to just kind of choose to be a furry. It's kind of like other fandoms. You can enjoy the game/TV series and like looking at fanart, but joining the fandom is a different story.

What does being a furry entail? Welp. That's really up to you. There's a lot of different things that can come with it. If you enjoy roleplaying with other people in like dungeons and dragons type scenarios you can do that. If you like drawing Anthropomorphic animals, and like sharing/selling/ buying/trading art, you can do that. If you want to even go to conventions and dance in or outside of a fursuit. You can make and sell fursuits. IF you really like military stuff, there's a whole niche of military furs. And I'm sure there's a lot more furry niches and all kinds of other stuff you can do in the fandom. If you want none of that, you can avoid all of that, and just still be a furry. It's really up to you.
  (Though I think every furry should have at least one fursona. A fursona could be a version of yourself that's an anthropomorphic animal. Or it doesn't even have to be you as the anthropomorphic animal, just kind of a for fun OC {Own Character}. To get one, just think up one. You can draw it to represent it, or ask an artist like myself to draw it for you. )
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline nathanielryan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 11:07:58 PM »
I am a furry. I hope through this I can feel whole. Thank you.

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »
I used to have the same thoughts when I first became a fan of the show MLP:FiM (My Little Pony Generation 4) and started meeting other fans of the show all around town.

I didn't feel part of the community since I had just started liking the show, I also considered myself a furry (and felt scared that I'd be rejected for being one, because of childish internet fandom wars), and had nothing else in common with other fans. Also, this was back in September 2014.

It eventually solved itself a few months later when I went to my first brony convention, and then I was hooked.