The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How did YOU become furry? =)  (Read 125595 times)

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Squishydoll by Rigor, animated by FurryLAE
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Lupis Arctos (Arctic Wolf/ White Wolf/ Polar Wolf)
  • Coloring: I'm all white, but the color of my wings depends on my mood... the color of my eyes changes with my wings, too. The eyes are usually blue, though.
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Lean and athletic, but not to the extreme body-builder type.
Re: How did YOU become furry? =)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
I think that I first caught the notion that I was a furry when I saw the movie "Dude, Where's My Car?".  In the scene where he took out the match book and it said the Kitty Cat Club, they then panned in on the scene.  When they showed an anthro catgirl, I felt something inside me awaken.  I wanted to see more like it.  Unfortunately, I was only 10 and I didn't know much about the internet.  Sadly, I was left alone, but then I remembered other places that I saw things like that.  Star Fox, Disney's Robin Hood, Animalympics, etc. etc...  Strange how a B movie with Asston Kutcher helped me discover my true identity at such a young age...

The snake story is pretty cool.  I have a snake that's about 6 years old and 6 feet long.  Also, it's strange you don't see many bovine furries.  Personally, I'd like to see more of them.  =^_^=
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:08:51 PM by Sen »

Offline chad313

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown head, white body, grey limbs
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 155
  • Build: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 11:16:01 PM »
for me.................................. i saw the cutest drawing of a tiger in chiense paper on devient art and wondered if there were more

Offline Doceser

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:24 PM »
Ahaha, Everyone has these nice stories. Mine is a little lame, but anyway, here we go..
I guess I have always been into animals, until this one person I dated came along and they was all like..'kill the animals' and stuff and I just kind of stopped caring. Some time after that person and I broke up I let one of my friends stay the summer with me, and we got to talking one night about Anthro-sex...
>.>
And Iz like.."what is that...?" So they showed me and I was really kind of disturbed by it at first...I quickly got over it though. -just another thing I suppose.
: )

And then I just started...to meet all these people that were really into it...and their outfits were all so cute and they were all so nice to me that I just found that I wanted to surround myself with them. Now I am seeing that it isn't all that bad at all! It looks like so much fun!
I guess I still just hold a bit of sceptisism.

I really like cats a lot. And those cute finnic foxes. Most of all male lions, though. They seem to be the best of all.

And...moths...  < 3

Offline SpiritW0lf

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: I'm a mostly white...even though my species bears the word 'grey'. I have some faint silver color running down my back.
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: slight build
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 11:37:11 AM »
How am I a furry?? Hmmmm *ponders*.

I have always been into the idea of anthro-animals. The very idea gets my mind and heart moving to a point where it hurts. It wasn't until 3 three years ago (I was 13 at that time) that I was searching "wolf" on Google and found the coolest pic. I practically fell in love with it and stayed with it. It wasn't until I was 14 when I accepted the fact that I was a furry. Although, I would like to state one thing: "Y" art is disgusting. I'm up for anthro art, but I myself, I don't like Y art.

So that's pretty much how I became a furry. Not really descriptive, but whatever >_<
You have the power you need, to change you legacy.
-----------------------------------------------
I have no fear of drowning, it's the breathing that's taking all this work.
-----------------------------------------------
When life is in discord, praise Ye the Lord.

Offline Eru

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 1.9m
  • Weight: 78kg
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
I've only recently learned there was a furry side to me. I realised after listening to 2 the ranting gryphon's radio show for a while. I remember think that i would like my own fursona, but because i had no idea what to pick and where to talk with other furs I just left it. Fast forward a year or so and i found out my mate was a bit of a fur! So i asked her what animal fits my personality. Long story short she started ticking off aspects of a wolf and said it would suit me perfectly, so i immediately pulled out a recent internet handle i was going by and decided to run with it! Ever since then i've slowly been building up my fursona, and eventually found this website. So i guess i owe my furriness to 2 the gryphon and my lovely mate :)

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
  • Squishydoll by Rigor, animated by FurryLAE
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Lupis Arctos (Arctic Wolf/ White Wolf/ Polar Wolf)
  • Coloring: I'm all white, but the color of my wings depends on my mood... the color of my eyes changes with my wings, too. The eyes are usually blue, though.
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Lean and athletic, but not to the extreme body-builder type.
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 04:59:17 PM »
To be honest, I'm not really in the Fur stuff yet, but I might. Mostly I wanted to get away from normal life, I guess.

What exactly is normality?  It's hard for a line to be drawn today...

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »
To be honest, I'm not really in the Fur stuff yet, but I might. Mostly I wanted to get away from normal life, I guess.

What exactly is normality?  It's hard for a line to be drawn today...

i'm assuming he meant real life.

Offline Doceser

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 09:44:07 PM »
Ahah. Corn.
: P

Anyway. It is nice to see another non-fur?
Hmm. Yeah, I can go with that.
: )

Offline Doceser

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »
I was hoping so. I would hate to know a bunch of people who only talked about corn.
: P
I mean...it tastes good and stuff but....it's corn~

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
I don't have a single idea what corn is, might be cr** or something, but I dunno.

Oh, jeez...
How did I become a furry?
Uhh........

I had always loved animals, like cats, rabbits, possums, etc.  I didn't like dogs, but it seemed they all liked me.
When I was 7 or 8, my Sis' discovered IMVU.  She showed me it.  I took a great liking to it.
So, 'bout maybe... a year or a half later, I search "Furry Forum", and don't find anything.
Then, I see something about a Furry Forum on IMVU and clicked the link.. Brang me here.

Afterwards, I saved up a lot of credits on IMVU to buy a furry outfit that matches Shinzui.... 'cept the hair.

I sorta forget how I got Shinzui.  I mainly gave him my favourite chracteristics, then threw in a few weaknesses here 'n' there.
I gave him my favourite hair colour - Black.
Made him sorta cocky.
Etc.
Etc.

Offline SeiRruf IS, FurryLAE.

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »
^interesting =P
 i see how it is.
 hat'in on dogs now eh?

lol

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
I liked little dogs... Just not big, vicious ones.

Offline SeiRruf IS, FurryLAE.

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
lol but we all know the big and vicious ones are the funnest ones in

*CRASH SIZZLE WHITE NOISE*

to play with!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »
I like big dogs, but corn with butter is delicious... Not that corn! Hmmm... Always was a fur, but I didn't know the word for it, until I read an article about some celebrity comedian going to a furry pride convention. That was what got me, and I searched Furry Forums, so yay!

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 04:54:45 AM »
I shall tell you all a tale, a tale of mystery and wonder.

I was 5 years old, sitting in the living room floor reading my mothers college books(they were the only books left i hadn't read O_O), suddenly, I came across a picture in one of the textbooks, it was a chameleon, from the moment i laid eyes upon it i thought it was just the bees knees, but we didnt have luxuries like computers so there wasn't much i could do.

fast forward 5 years, it was christmas, there was one gift left, i opened it, it was a computer, i was overjoyed, as soon as we had internet i rushed online and searched for everything i could about these strange creatures, i had to know everything, what they ate, where they lived, everything. after that craze, my life went on until i played kingdom hearts, after one fateful boss fight, it was then that i knew, i wanted to be one of them, i began to retract into myself, depressed that i was born human and not chameleon, it took some psychiatric help to get me on my feet again, and now i am happy soul.

now i am here, i didnt know what fur was, or i pretended i didn't because i was trying to fit in again after a new move, then i ran into rose/yoruichi/sin forsaken, and he was all like hey you will joins dis forums or you will die, and so i have joined and now i couldn't be happier...unless i win lotteries...mmm money.

is good story ja? surpsingly its true
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-