The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Video games sub forum  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Video games sub forum
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:59:56 AM »
A spscific video game sub-forum for  video games on all systems pc, console, etc. I feel the need for this specifc  section for all of us furry gamers here would be very helpful for organizing groups in these games were for example Warframe you can get benifits from such groups.

A better way to socialize....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Video games sub forum
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 12:03:58 PM »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
How is it too broad though? It's a subforum for all things gaming-related, just like what you originally described.

Also, to be fair, it's not very active either so I don't think splitting it up into multiple subforums is a good idea as that will just create several subforums no one ever posts in.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 07:46:08 PM »
How is it too broad though? It's a subforum for all things gaming-related, just like what you originally described.

Also, to be fair, it's not very active either so I don't think splitting it up into multiple subforums is a good idea as that will just create several subforums no one ever posts in.
for a good example we have two traditional tabletop games that can also be played on a video system Battltech and Warhammer 40k there may be more. but now i have to label my topic to difrentiate between the two... also this kinda makes one or the other harder to find.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 10:53:22 PM »
So .. you're saying we need a separate tabletop board that would most likely have no more than like 2-3 topics in them only so you can avoid calling your thread(s) "Warhammer 40K (video game)" and "Battltech (Video game)"?

Or, if the video games are based on the tabletop versions, why not just have a thread that covers both versions if they are essentially the same game?

I'm not quite sure why it is a problem, especially as it appears neither of these games (both video game and tabletop) have ever had any thread dedicated to them in at least the last 5 years.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 11:58:53 AM »
Back when the addition of tabletop games was suggested to this board, we had discussed whether or not to keep video games and other types of games in a seperate board or whether to simply add these two topics together. We opted-in for that last one, since the board doesn't have that many threads. The board is still mostly video games either way, there haven't been all that many threads about tabletop games.
If there are games that have both a tabletop and a video game version, you can keep those apart with adding a tag specifying which of the two versions you mean, like how Timmy suggested.

Thanks for your input, but unless the board gets more traffic it's probably better for the forums if it stays as-is.