The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What started your interest in anthropomorphic characters?  (Read 5067 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: What started your interest in anthropomorphic characters?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 12:47:43 PM »
I've always been fond of animals but weren't fond of furries for a long time.

When I started becoming a furry I was struggling with my sexuality and wanted a place to feel like I belong, I found a very good furry comic and started reading it and one thing led to another.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »
I'd say it's probably a combination of getting along with animals quite well, enjoying traditionally drawn animated movies involving anthros / feral animals, (lion king, balto, etc.) having ran into this weird thing called "furry raves" on youtube, as a kid, and noticing how some of them were actually, aesthetically, really well designed and drawn characters.

Probably a little wiff of therianism helped as well...

Oh, and don't forget my insaturatable thirst for answers in the scientifical concept of animals reaching the evolutionary state / capabilities of humans, and how such societies would look like, and what sort of interactions would occur between diffirent species.

Yes... Secretly, I'm studying all of you...

<3

Offline Imperium Lupi

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Republic Lupi
    • DeviantArt
    • Imperium Lupi
    • Awards
  • Height: A bit on the short side?
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 12:49:18 AM »

When I started becoming a furry I was struggling with my sexuality and wanted a place to feel like I belong, I found a very good furry comic and started reading it and one thing led to another.

And judging by your avatar, do you like maths?

Post Merge: November 11, 2017, 12:50:44 AM
I'd say it's probably a combination of getting along with animals quite well, enjoying traditionally drawn animated movies involving anthros / feral animals, (lion king, balto, etc.) having ran into this weird thing called "furry raves" on youtube, as a kid, and noticing how some of them were actually, aesthetically, really well designed and drawn characters.

Probably a little wiff of therianism helped as well...

Oh, and don't forget my insaturatable thirst for answers in the scientifical concept of animals reaching the evolutionary state / capabilities of humans, and how such societies would look like, and what sort of interactions would occur between diffirent species.

Yes... Secretly, I'm studying all of you...

<3

If you like furry societies, perhaps you should check out my bookl.
For the Republic Lupi!

www.imperiumlupi.com

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »

And judging by your avatar, do you like maths?

I do! But that didn't have much to do with why I like furries haha xD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline N.y.r.o

• Avid Aardvark
  • 100% Snort
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: Brown, cream
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: anxious
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 05:41:37 PM »
I actually have no idea what exactly started it because I have always had an interest in anthropomorphic animals and have been writing/drawing/making characters since a very, very young age.

My first drawings were all of cats, though not necessarily anthropomorphic, and I was like, two years old. (At least I think I was since that's what my mom said, and it was before I even started talking . . .) I think I was somewhere around the age of four when I "made" my first character (though he was based on a stuffed animal) and, especially after I got more stuffed animals to add to this cast of characters, I started writing these "stories" about them, some of which I still have today. (Though most of the stories were incomprehensible drawings put together with no text, and only I can understand what is actually happening in them). These characters were this sort of mix of anthro and "feral", because they often stood up like anthros, and they acted anthropomorphic, but they also at times walked on all fours and acted more like normal animals. Watching a lot of Disney and other animal cartoons greatly influenced my art/stories as well.

2007 was the beginning of my dog phase, where I mainly started writing stories about dogs (which were still anthropomorphic, but lived in a world similar to ours and looked like regular dogs with owners etc.) and I even made a "fursona" in 2010 (though at the time I still didn't actually know about fursonas or furries) but this started to change in 2011, especially by the end of 2011, when I became obsessed with Sonic and my main focus was this weird fancomic (which started out as a joke). Unfortunately for a while, all my art looked like bad Sonic art and rip-offs, I even tried reviving my original cast of characters but they looked like Sonic. I rewrote that fanfic like three more times until finally I decided to stop drawing Sonic and turn my art back into original stuff, this took a while but I have finally regained my art style.
Yum!

Offline ArtyLoop

• Vibrating Furby
  • Grey-ing Muzzle
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Light grey with off-white fur
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 98kg
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Accomplished
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 07:55:37 AM »
Q: What started your interest in anthro characters?
A: Sonic- that game Sonic Adventure, it blew my mind. Since then, its pretty much been my thing to enjoy and love anthropomorphic anima;s.

Offline TiaDefiant

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Chimera
  • Coloring: Purple, grey, hot pink, white, light blue. Dreadlocks. Combination species
  • Height: 8ft on all fours
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Cheeky
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2017, 08:11:22 PM »
I blame Beatrix Potter for my furry love. Also my mom, she liked animals and use to read me loads of stories with anthro animals in them. Disney was the main factor for me since I loved their characters. I use to write stories with talking animals and anthros when I was a little kid. I didn't know there were others like me until I got older.

Offline flurry

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: lemurdog
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 03:46:33 PM »
When your a lil kid most movies and that seem to be animal based it's that or annoying fairytales and stuff some of whih are ok most are a bit weird tho. I could only really find animals relatable and cool.

Offline mylokgl

• Vibrating Furby
  • - addict in recovery
    • Awards
  • Species: pup
  • Coloring: gray
  • Height: 5'10
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »
my story is rooted in mental health as a youngin. i have no siblings. i have a GED.  the principle/manifesto is to communicate innocence to my community via cosplay allow my pup playfulness skills and tact to grow and light up. science is way cool
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:33:39 PM by Vosur Aekira »