The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27807 times)

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Either the Katana wielding man was lucky or a complete fool, Jofan wasn't sure.  Did he honestly think it would have been this easy?  Did the fool not think as to why Jofan was subdued without so much as a punch, swipe of the claws or at the very least, some toasty henchmen?  Whatever the case, Jofan was quickly running out of time and if things got too dire and the kid was still nearby, he would have no choice but to defend himself in-front of the boy.

Just as Jofan was starting to lose his patience with the leader of this group, the sudden appearance and familiar voice of the Icewolf shifted his attention.  A curious brow raised at Viktors sudden appearance, part of him was relieved to see a somewhat familiar....if not annoying, face.  When Jofan saw what Viktor held in his paw as he walked in, all irritation towards the wolf left the moment he heard the thug's neck snap.

Jofan had no doubt that Viktor was a killer and had killed many as not only could he smell death on the wolf but the way he walked and moved, there was no question that he was a seasoned fighter...Viktor wasn't all talk.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"I think I'll take my chances," James said.

Viktor scowled. "So be it," was all he said. In an instant, Viktor reached out, and a dark tendril glowing with unholy energy reached out and grabbed James by the neck. He violently shifted his arm, and sent James into a wall. The other thugs rushed Viktor, and Viktor, in a flash, drew both of his katanas and engaged. Fighting with the wolf, even in that strange, crimson splint mail armor, was like trying to grapple with a shadow; Viktor was a blur, dodging one attack after another, and deflecting blows with speed that should have been impossible. And his blades - they moved so fast, it would have been impossible for anyone to keep track of where they were. Viktor swung them so fast, it was like the blades were made of air. Either he was far stronger than his appearance let on, or those blades were not made of the standard metals. And the powers he used - they were not natural. Dark tendrils lashed out and broke necks, unidentified forces sent enemies flying every time they tried to surround Viktor, and more than one enemy was impaled on an Ice Spike that suddenly flew from nowhere. Several more went down in pieces. By the time Viktor was done, barely ten men, not including James, stood between him and the Dragon.

Viktor huffed and growled, ready to go on the attack, but James appeared behind him, and drove his sword through his heart from behind. "Not so tough now, are you?" James sneered. Viktor wailed in pain, but then fell silent. James jerked the blade out of Viktor's chest, and threw him to the ground. "I had hoped the first blood to stain my blade would have been that of a dragon, but you... you make a suitable test. A Dark Knight as yourself makes an excellent kill. Dark you may be, you are still... mortal. How sad."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray lowered his broken blade. “O-Okay.” He sniffled and wiped his nose. “P-Please don’t cross me. I may be little, b-but I’ll r-run you t-through i-if...if I n-need.” The young raccoon hoped that his bluff would keep him safe, but there was no way he could harm another. It just wasn’t in his blood.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
And so Atauri has made her way here, all shreds of evidence of disappearing of her master lead here, at least this place was the last where Nathanos has been seen the last time. The night elf was really surprised to see so many beastmen here (or just anthro animals) here. Probably, elves were not too frequent guests here and considering how different Katmai was, her purple skin and sharp eyes made their job. But the female elf was really enjoyed by this fact because people of Sylvan were always good with beastmen and usually respects them a lot considering and treat them as their own kind. Atauri wasn't an exception and would love to help some furs with what she could but her mission was a little different. Heck, she always was different because most of the night elves were the best archers in the world, but Storm opted for the way of magic. Surprisingly, she became extremely good with it.

The elementalist decided first to visit a tavern and ask if they have seen her master and so she walked down the street which could describe as pretty narrowed. Tavern used to be a main source of news so it was an obvious choice. However, she was able to hear Ray' speech and decided to figure what's going on there. So she hid behind a house next to the couple and started listening carefully. Atauri usually never stick her nose out of her business, especially when she was outside of her native city, but since elves have a reputation of perfectionists, Katmai thought it was her duty to help. However, a few details she needed to know. Maybe there was no need for her help at all.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Spyra continued to try and gently push the raccoon boy inside "We don't have time for emotions common!" she muttered to the boy.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
Jofan watched with mild satisfaction as Viktor began to eliminate the mercs one by one, some of which fell by strange magic.  He would later ask the wolf where he learned such magic, provided they both survived this encounter.  While Jofan wasn't particularly worried about defeating these fools, there was always a chance that one of them land a lucky blow.  As Viktor continued his killing spree, Jofan looked about the black leather clad troops around him, taking mental notes as to which order he would take them down.

Sadly, before Jofan even began to move, he looked up in time to witness Viktor being stabbed in the back.  Jofan's eyes went wide as he wondered just how James was able to get behind Viktor like that.  His astonishment did not last long as it was quickly replaced with anger.  Anger at how such a low life would be so dishonorable and stab his opponent in the back and not fight them face to face.  It was at that moment that Jofan decided to act, he could no longer wait to see if Spyra got the boy to safety or not. A very low and deep guttural growl would be the only warning the soldiers would get, he could not let such disgraceful creatures continue to do as they pleased.  The dragon hunters were too busy cheering their leader to notice the large dragon begin to stir once more.

The hunters that were securing the chain on Jofan's right arm barely had time to register any sign of trouble when they were suddenly uprooted, their feet leaving the earth when the dragon jerked the chain hard with his right arm. The man's screams were cut short as a large talon closed around the hapless fool and slammed him into the ground. Jofan pushed himself back up to his feet and used his freed talon to rip the chains from around his maw. 

It wasn't until the other hunters, who were holding Jofan's left arm, cried out in horror, that anyone else realized that the Dragon was lose. The men that had been holding on the chain and who were unable to let go, were tossed aside like ragdolls. Jofan pulled out both of his claymores before roaring out in rage and defiance.  What the dragon lacked in speed, he more than made up in power as he cut through swords, shields and men, like a farmer reaping blades of wheat.  Any fool willing to stand their ground was cut down without mercy, such evil men had no place in this world. 

Jofan took no pleasure in the slaughter as he preferred to fight creature more his size, like Ogers and Trolls.  These hunters, gave him no other choice as they were here to kill a dragon as well as anyone standing in their way.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
James held his katana at the ready. "So... you're a fighter, after all," he said. "So much the better." At his feet, Viktor didn't even move. James went for Jofan, swinging his blade with practiced precision, trying to use his small size to dodge Jofan's claymores while making strikes with speed and agility.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Once Spyra and Ray disappeared from Atauri' line of sight, the night elf decided to continue her way down the alley but she already suspected something was wrong with this city. What's was really weird since her friends from Sylvan who have been here for a couple of months didn't report anything similar. But her suspicions come true when she took a turn a little further and this what her shocked for a little. 'Horrible massacre' she would say, but the purple humanoid wanted to figure first what's going on. Holy Sylanna, there was a lot of blood. What's was even worse, there were some dead furs and for her, as for elf, it was unacceptable. But Atauri being wise from the born, resolved to make her presence known and once she figures the responsible for the death of beastmen, she would crash her righteous fury with all her might.

"What's going on here?". Said the female elf and using her elemental forces, created a little, barely noted wind which started to blow behind her back, but she spoke softly. It won't make any battle easier or harder, but Katmai would surely show her presence. As a daughter of the Sylvan' highest priest, and as it was from century to century, she was having permissions to be here and make everything possible from here to stop the unnecessary bloodshed. It was elven nature to consider themselves much higher than other species because of their deep bonds with the magical world and Atauri wasn't an exception. The only explanation was about her unnatural calm - she was an elementalist and each of the element has its own impact on the personality of the caster. And since she is able to control all four (with different degree of mastery), such mix creates a big resonance inside her mind resulting in an interesting state of mind. Usually, such persons have a highly unstable, highly destructible temper, however, it wasn't Katmai' case. But with the same calm, she could easily throw a fireball into someone face.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:40:48 PM by XIII »

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
Smoke was pluming from his nostrils like some living locomotive as he held back his flame breath for the last thing he wanted to do was set the town on fire. Jofan looked to James when the man spoke and let out another growl.  He would like nothing better than to remove that fools head from his body.  So when James charged at the dragon, Jofan was more than ready to oblige. 

In an unexpected move, Jofan threw down both of his swords so that they jutted out of the ground before he charged forward. A second before the two met, he snapped his wings open as a distraction.  He cared not if those swords cut him, figuring that James would not count on the dragon being so brash.  Jofan dipped his shoulder down in order to offer the fool a larger target, hoping he would get over zealous and go for the kill and not see his arm come up underneath to backhand the fool off his feet. 

As James was knocked off his feet, he managed to impale Jofan's talon with one of the katana. It stuck out of Jofan's left palm like some massive thorn after having been ripped from its owner's grasp.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
As the battle heated up, Ray shuffled into the inn with little fanfare. He immediately wandered to a table, where a shifty-looking salamander smirked at the little raccoon.

“Little Ray,” the salamander called. Ray waved, an uncomfortable smile on his face.
“Hi, U-Uncle Silus.” Ray scuffed his ill-fitting boot on the wooden floor. Silus tilted his head with a look of mock sympathy.
“What’s wrong, little ringtail?”
“I uh... I lost my coins.”
“Lost?” Silus dug his fingers into the table, shaking.  “No no...you owe me, remember? Ya pay me, and y’stay outta the mines, ‘member? Now, y’git me whatcha owe, else I’ll drag ya t’the mine m’self.” Silus had been ignoring Spyra, up until Ray shuffled behind her legs, much like a child would with its mother. The salamander growled, his hand straying towards the grip of his whip.
“You ain’t takin’ m’nephew, are ya? Little cuss owes me a great deal. ”

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
As the battle heated up, Ray shuffled into the inn with little fanfare. He immediately wandered to a table, where a shifty-looking salamander smirked at the little raccoon.

“Little Ray,” the salamander called. Ray waved, an uncomfortable smile on his face.
“Hi, U-Uncle Silus.” Ray scuffed his ill-fitting boot on the wooden floor. Silus tilted his head with a look of mock sympathy.
“What’s wrong, little ringtail?”
“I uh... I lost my coins.”
“Lost?” Silus dug his fingers into the table, shaking.  “No no...you owe me, remember? Ya pay me, and y’stay outta the mines, ‘member? Now, y’git me whatcha owe, else I’ll drag ya t’the mine m’self.” Silus had been ignoring Spyra, up until Ray shuffled behind her legs, much like a child would with its mother. The salamander growled, his hand straying towards the grip of his whip.
“You ain’t takin’ m’nephew, are ya? Little cuss owes me a great deal. ”
"Really i don't see the resemblence." the she wolf almost growled in responce she already didn't like this guy. "What'd he do?" she asked. "Apparently you haven't heard i'm the little guys adopted mother, now" She lied.

Meanwhile oustide any of the thugs that died would have their bodies burst into flames, the only indication of anything that was doing it was the orb glowing on the old man's staff... he didn't seem to notice as he continued his rant...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:55:17 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
His katana no longer in his hand, and having been knocked off his feet, James was on the defensive. Kicking himself up, he quickly grabbed a sword from one of his fallen comrades and held it at the ready in a defensive stance.

He seemed not to notice Viktor getting up from his dead stillness. The first indication James got was when a shrill wail came from behind him, and when he turned around, saw Viktor standing there, both katanas glowing with alien runes, the color drained from his face.

"Impossible..." Was all he could say.

In a last-ditch attempt, the remaining thugs attacked Jofan, hoping to take him out and quickly get away.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Atauri hasn't got an answer what has surprised her for a little since every creature in the world knew how usually elves talk: they always demand an answer for their questions and in case they haven't got it at once, they starting to use some other methods to get is. As a rule, speaking as Gods toward others unless they were beastmen whom whole Sylvan consider as divine creatures for whom elves should taking care. But Katmai has perfectly known where she was at the moment and the typical way of getting attention toward her won't give any result. However, the solution has come on its own. The solution which Atauri waited for.

First, her attention has been attached to the dragon, the creatures which are probably elves worship as Gods and allows only them to talk with elves in the way they want with their own. Sure is, the female night elf has known it. Actually, she was very glad to meet one of them consider it as the fate sign. Even her master taught her, that upon the day he would go, once Atauri would find a dragon, she should tight a bond with the creature and serve him until one of two won't die. That is the major part of the elven culture spins around bonds with dragons. So she can't just stand and sees how some thugs trying to kill the one who might be her fate. Viktor' death was also the last straw for the witty girl and so she resolved to show what's happening with those who were silly enough to invoke the fury of the Sylvan.

"How dare you to attack the creature who is more perfect than you!". Whispered the elf but with the help of the wind, which she actually intensified, the thugs who tried to attack Jofan might actually hear her whisper. Then she focused energy in her hands, her eyes started to emit small lighting sparks, and once Atauri got enough energy to cast the spell, she threw her hands forward and the air around her started to electrifying, so everyone who was close to her could feel a little pricking. A bright blue lighting arc has released from her hands reaching some of the thugs and struck them with a power of the lighting. And since humans have no natural resistance to the lightning, the current would pass through their bodies and either stop their heartbeat or what's happens way more, they just get severe burning across their entire body and inside. Besides, the lighting arc was a chained one and was able to hit several thugs, jumping from one to another with a blink of the eye. The whole process happened fast enough, but it seems the arc was unable to hit some other thugs but their amount would now way lesser then it was before Atauri has cast her spell and has cut short the life of several criminals who would end up one day on gallows anyway.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:30:53 AM by XIII »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
While the thugs were zapped to snot, James stared down a very angry, very deadly warrior with rune-glowing katanas and a look of sheer rage on his face who somehow survived being stabbed through the heart. "It... it can't be... you... you're a..." James said hoarsely, evidently in complete disbelief. His skin was chalk white and his entire body quaked with fear.

"Pain..." Viktor said, the deathly thrum in his voice now having a metallic quality to it, "... Agony... my hatred burns across countless stars! Worlds heave with my torment! Kingdoms quake beneath my rage! Worlds upon worlds will break, and all will burn beneath the shadow of my power!" Before going on a violent attack, Viktor inhaled and bellowed a vicious, rage-filled roar that was not that of a wolf - a roar that could only come from one logical source:

Dragon.

In the assault that ensued, Viktor moved with blazing speed so fast, it was as though his own soul was struggling to keep up. If he was a blur before, this was almost impossible to see what he was doing, he was moving so fast. It was over in seconds, with the blade James held shattered, and the once-proud, arrogant would-be dragonslayer was on his knees. "Please... have mercy!" he begged.

The blue glow of Viktor's eyes narrowed as he sheathed one katana, and gestured with the now-free hand. "Sorry..." he lifted his hand up, and in so doing, lifted James up. "... all out of mercy," he hissed. He closed that hand in a fist, and before James could even cry out, Viktor crushed every bone in his body with a sickening crunch! He dropped that hand, and along with it, James' lifeless corpse.

And it was only after Viktor had sheathed his other katana that he clutched his chest, where his wound was, and fell to his hands and knees, evidently drained.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Silus’s slimy brow furrowed. “‘Dopted, eh? I wasn’t informed. She lyin’, Ray?”
The small raccoon kept quiet, his eyes downcast.
“‘Member, demons can smell lies little one. Y’don’t wanna join your brothers do ya?”
Obviously, this comment shook Ray, as the young one gripped the hem of Spyra’s shirt in an attempt to comfort himself.
Silus snarled as the boy didn’t answer. “Well. If’n you’re takin’ ownership, y’take his debts. Hundred and fifty gold should cover it.”